|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Imp
When Cadaver Imp enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Cadaver Imp Discussion
3 days ago
Hey, good start, but with Liliana as Commander consider expanding on the sacrifice theme? Sacrifice strategies with aristocrats can be good and powerful, but you need to commit to them with many sac outlets to make the payoffs for sacing creatures worth it. Cards such as Liliana herself, Pawn of Ulamog , Sifter of Skulls , Grim Haruspex , etc. are payoffs for sacing creatures, but they're lackluster without sac support.
Cards that are within your deck's budget to consider adding for sacrifice strategy:
- Viscera Seer
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Carrion Feeder
- Ashnod's Altar or Altar of Dementia : Dementia is better than Ashnods for the strategies here because it's a repeatable enabler to get creatures into your graveyard, but it's also more expensive price.
- Blood Artist
Reanimation is a fine secondary strategy to use consider also expanding on it:
- Cryptbreaker : repeatable way to discard cards and get value in return.
- Stinkweed Imp : dredge is a fast and repeatable way to get creatures into your graveyard.
- Golgari Thug
- Putrid Imp
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : enabler to get cards into your graveyard and reanimation.
- Living Death : mass reanimation and mass sacrifice.
- Command the Dreadhorde : mass reanimation using life which you have a lot of in Commander.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Crypt Ghast : mono black staple.
- Necropotence : mono black staple, less good when you have to discard unless you have a tons of cards in hand.
- Mutilate : powerful board wipe when playing lots of Swamps.
- Bubbling Muck
- Sign in Blood
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel : great payoff for playing mono black.
- Bloodgift Demon
- Reliquary Tower
- Hero's Downfall
Cards to consider cutting (no order):
- Raise Dead
- Sword-Point Diplomacy
- Dark Dabbling
- Bone Harvest
- Dead Reckoning
- Death Denied
- Liliana's Spoils
- Swarm of Bloodflies
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Barrier of Bones : can be upgraded.
- Cadaver Imp : can be upgraded.
- Spellbook : can be upgraded.
- Indulgent Tormentor : can be upgraded.
- Mindwrack Demon : can be upgraded.
- Puppeteer Clique : can be upgraded.
- Wailing Ghoul : can be upgraded.
- Ever After : can be upgraded.
- Ulamog's Crusher : eight drop.
- Visara the Dreadful : seven drop.
- Butcher of Malakir : seven drop.
- Necromantic Selection : seven drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Harvester of Souls : six drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Sifter of Skulls : redundancy that you don't need.
4 weeks ago
An interesting list!
I would look at lowering/smoothing out your curve, I have found it helps improve the functionality of a deck.
3 months ago
You have a lot of sorceries. They're not necessarily bad, but they are taking up space where zombies could be. You can get rid of innocent blood (use fleshbag marauder instead), aether snap, twilight's call, life's finale
You don't really need vensor's journal or whispersilk cloak. You don't really have big creatures that do anything on combat damage to a player.
For instants I think tendrils of corruption, grasp of darkness, murder, go for the throat, and doom blade do well in mono black
And you got some jank creatures. What is that vulture? no. No dross hopper, no gangrenous zombies, no zombie brute, gutless ghoul is kind of crap, you have a lot of things with activated abilities and I just don't think you're going to be using them that much.
You also don't have card draw. You have a sign in blood and that's it really. Black has some good pay with life card draw cards.
You have the sanguine bond/exquisite blood combo, but your sanguine bond is completely useless. You don't gain any life except from vensor's journal and you don't have much card draw, so it's not going to do much.
Good zombie cards to add: Fleshbag Marauder (so good with mikaeus) Ghoulcaller Gisa Ghoulraiser Graf Harvest Grave Betrayal Grave Defiler Graveborn Muse Gravecrawler Infernal Caretaker josu vess Liliana's Mastery Lord of the Accursed Maalfeld Twins Necromancer's Stockpile Necromantic Selection Noosegraf Mob Open the Graves Grave Titan Liliana's Reaver Cadaver Imp Corpse Connoisseur Accursed Horde Archdemon of Unx cemetary recruitment Cryptbreaker Diregraf Colossus Doomed Dissenter Empty the Pits (is hilarious) Ever After Overseer of the Damned Plague Belcher Rakshasa Gravecaller Relentless Dead Risen Executioner Rot Hulk Shepherd of Rot Stir the Sands Zombie Infestation
I think I have some of these. You can have them if I do
3 months ago
3 months ago
Testing out these changes:
6 months ago
for starters you could cut down on creatures like: Aether Poisoner, Child of Night, Daggerdrome Imp, Deathgaze Cockatrice, Farbog Revenant, Feral Abomination, Fetid Imp, Flensermite, Giant Scorpion, Hand of Silumgar, Hired Poisoner, Markov Patrician, Maze Abomination, Moonglove Changeling, Moonglove Winnower, Nirkana Assassin, Queen's Agent, Rancid Rats, Ruin Rat, Scrounger of Souls, Sidisi's Pet, Skittering Heartstopper Vampire Champion and replace others for: Black Cat, Burglar Rat, Cadaver Imp, Liliana's Specter, Ravenous Rats, Twisted Abomination, Gurmag Angler but would compite with Shambling Attendants for the gy. some usefuls spells you might replace or add cound be: Blessing of Leeches, Sadistic Glee, Soul Channeling, Ashes to Ashes, Evincar's Justice, Shred Memory, Dark Bargain, maybe Crypt Incursion. im out of ideas for cards, for now, and you could add more artifact ramp or artifact that can be creatures like Guardian Idol, Wayfarer's Bauble is in every deck i play, Relic of Progenitus and Nihil Spellbomb are always good gy hate.
6 months ago
Overall I worry that you play too many expensive cards whose value isn't guaranteed enough when they hit play, like Thraben Foulbloods and Shambling Shell. I know you want a good card for the 3 spot on your curve, but I feel both of these are pretty weak. I say that, but I don't have any ideas about what to put in their place.
That said, you might want to consider cards like Scythe Tiger who is strong, fast, shrouded, and lets you choose to put one of your artifact lands in play to speed up delirium. I'm also a fan of Harvest Wurm, who unfortunately probably won't work for your purposes since it specifies basic land. Cadaver Imp could be really good depending on how it interacts with your deck, and Unearth goes well with it.
If you want a sideboard replacement for your finishers that is less vulnerable to control, Blastoderm is always a good threat.
Most of my suggestions either stray away from your core deck theme or maybe won't help with it's current form, but I think they're good to keep in mind.
9 months ago
Cadaver Imp occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%