Creature — Imp
When Cadaver Imp enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cadaver Imp occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Cadaver Imp Discussion
1 month ago
3 months ago
Shade's Form is definitely one to look at to get extra Gary triggers. Unhallowed Pact, Unholy Indenture, Undying Evil, Supernatural Stamina, and Abnormal Endurance are some others you might look into.
Defile is a good removal option.
Syphon Mind would be a good draw spell.
4 months ago
Suggestions for removal / maybeboard:
- Cadaver Imp
- Deathcurse Ogre
- Endless Cockroaches
- Garna, the Bloodflame
- Scuttling Doom Engine
- Tattered Mummy
- Torgaar, Famine Incarnate
- Aid the Fallen
- Ruthless Disposal
- Temple of the False God
- Bolt Bend
Suggestions for additions:
- Ashnod's Altar
- High Market
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Sire Of Insanity
- Worldgorger Dragon
- Animate Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- Merciless Executioner
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Rakdos Charm
Worldgorger Dragon + Animate Dead / Dance of the Dead forms an infinite loop that you can cancel at any time. The loop blinks all of your lands into exile temporarily, allowing you to tap them before they blink out. This can be used to create infinite mana. Worldgorger Dragon isn't a good card on it's own, but it combos well with Buried Alive and your Gravebreaker Lamia. Animate Dead and Dance of the Dead are great any time because they can target creatures in anyone's GY.
4 months ago
- Identity Theif => Rite of Replication
- Nephalia Smuggler => Deadeye Navigator
- Cunning Evasion => Panharmonicon
- Genesis Chamber => Zendikar's Roil
- Familiar's Ruse => Counterspell
- Agent of Treachery => Roil Elemental
- Aether Gale => Cyclonic Rift
- Dusk Legion Zealot => Baleful Strix
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury => Rune-Scarred Demon
- Cadaver Imp => Eternal Witness
- Yavimaya Dryad => Solemn Simulacrum
- Elvish Mystic => Lotus Cobra
5 months ago
In: Insidious Dreams - Helps assemble combos
Animate Dead - cheap recursion that should've been in there
Night's Whisper - cheap hand refill
Necropotence - Well I'll succumb to goodstuffs here.
Black Market - things die and profit from board wipes.
Coldsteel Heart - is very needed
11 months ago
Hey, good start, but with Liliana as Commander consider expanding on the sacrifice theme? Sacrifice strategies with aristocrats can be good and powerful, but you need to commit to them with many sac outlets to make the payoffs for sacing creatures worth it. Cards such as Liliana herself, Pawn of Ulamog , Sifter of Skulls , Grim Haruspex , etc. are payoffs for sacing creatures, but they're lackluster without sac support.
Cards that are within your deck's budget to consider adding for sacrifice strategy:
- Viscera Seer
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Carrion Feeder
- Ashnod's Altar or Altar of Dementia : Dementia is better than Ashnods for the strategies here because it's a repeatable enabler to get creatures into your graveyard, but it's also more expensive price.
- Blood Artist
Reanimation is a fine secondary strategy to use consider also expanding on it:
- Cryptbreaker : repeatable way to discard cards and get value in return.
- Stinkweed Imp : dredge is a fast and repeatable way to get creatures into your graveyard.
- Golgari Thug
- Putrid Imp
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : enabler to get cards into your graveyard and reanimation.
- Living Death : mass reanimation and mass sacrifice.
- Command the Dreadhorde : mass reanimation using life which you have a lot of in Commander.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Crypt Ghast : mono black staple.
- Necropotence : mono black staple, less good when you have to discard unless you have a tons of cards in hand.
- Mutilate : powerful board wipe when playing lots of Swamps.
- Bubbling Muck
- Sign in Blood
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel : great payoff for playing mono black.
- Bloodgift Demon
- Reliquary Tower
- Hero's Downfall
Cards to consider cutting (no order):
- Raise Dead
- Sword-Point Diplomacy
- Dark Dabbling
- Bone Harvest
- Dead Reckoning
- Death Denied
- Liliana's Spoils
- Swarm of Bloodflies
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Barrier of Bones : can be upgraded.
- Cadaver Imp : can be upgraded.
- Spellbook : can be upgraded.
- Indulgent Tormentor : can be upgraded.
- Mindwrack Demon : can be upgraded.
- Puppeteer Clique : can be upgraded.
- Wailing Ghoul : can be upgraded.
- Ever After : can be upgraded.
- Ulamog's Crusher : eight drop.
- Visara the Dreadful : seven drop.
- Butcher of Malakir : seven drop.
- Necromantic Selection : seven drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Harvester of Souls : six drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Sifter of Skulls : redundancy that you don't need.
1 year ago
An interesting list!
I would look at lowering/smoothing out your curve, I have found it helps improve the functionality of a deck.
1 year ago
You have a lot of sorceries. They're not necessarily bad, but they are taking up space where zombies could be. You can get rid of innocent blood (use fleshbag marauder instead), aether snap, twilight's call, life's finale
You don't really need vensor's journal or whispersilk cloak. You don't really have big creatures that do anything on combat damage to a player.
For instants I think tendrils of corruption, grasp of darkness, murder, go for the throat, and doom blade do well in mono black
And you got some jank creatures. What is that vulture? no. No dross hopper, no gangrenous zombies, no zombie brute, gutless ghoul is kind of crap, you have a lot of things with activated abilities and I just don't think you're going to be using them that much.
You also don't have card draw. You have a sign in blood and that's it really. Black has some good pay with life card draw cards.
You have the sanguine bond/exquisite blood combo, but your sanguine bond is completely useless. You don't gain any life except from vensor's journal and you don't have much card draw, so it's not going to do much.
Good zombie cards to add: Fleshbag Marauder (so good with mikaeus) Ghoulcaller Gisa Ghoulraiser Graf Harvest Grave Betrayal Grave Defiler Graveborn Muse Gravecrawler Infernal Caretaker josu vess Liliana's Mastery Lord of the Accursed Maalfeld Twins Necromancer's Stockpile Necromantic Selection Noosegraf Mob Open the Graves Grave Titan Liliana's Reaver Cadaver Imp Corpse Connoisseur Accursed Horde Archdemon of Unx cemetary recruitment Cryptbreaker Diregraf Colossus Doomed Dissenter Empty the Pits (is hilarious) Ever After Overseer of the Damned Plague Belcher Rakshasa Gravecaller Relentless Dead Risen Executioner Rot Hulk Shepherd of Rot Stir the Sands Zombie Infestation
I think I have some of these. You can have them if I do