Creature — Human Druid
When Channeler Initiate enters the battlefield, put three -1/-1 counters on target creature you control.
, Remove a -1/-1 counter from Channeler Initiate: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||asceveris , ecurps , meowCat1234 , Tstainbrook , KB2187 , xXThormentXx , SamCre1993 , Spinalripper , HR19 , Vergil_Redgrail , Riders_of_Brohan , philktoken8998 , cklise , The_Grape , rhinoloupe , golgarigirl , cryptoplasm , abby315 , jhTheMan99|
Channeler Initiate Discussion
1 hour ago
I think this is a pretty good deck so far, but might be a little slow. Have you thought about cards such as Ruthless Sniper and Archfiend of Ifnir? With Archfiend, it might be a good idea to find a good discard outlet like Nahiri's Wrath or even Prophetic Ravings, which allows you to cycle any card. As far as cards to remove, probably Crocodile of the Crossing because I feel like on turn four you'll want to play a couple of your one or two drops if they got removed early game. I'd also get rid of The Scorpion God just because I think Archfiend will work better for you in the end. But I would at least keep it in the side board. Or even side board archfiend. And for board presence, maybe run another Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and only 2 Ammit Eternal, you'll get more creatures on the board. I'd also sideboard Nest of Scarabs because you have hapatra, which produces better creature. If you are up against creature control, then I'd swap the hapatras for the nest. Lastly, throwing in a couple more Canyon Sloughs might be good as well, or even Needle Spires so you can fire off that aftermath on Grind / Dust. Either way I don't think you are running enough land, even with Channeler Initiate. Other than that I think this will be a fun deck. Just have to be prepared for a Solemnity.
6 hours ago
asmellyvagabond I agree, I want access to black mana more consistently. What do you think I should change about the lands? Take out an Island or a Botanical Sanctum and add another Swamp? Energy is not a huge theme in the deck, and I didn't want to make room for Attune with Aether. I'm not sure which mana dork is better right now, Servant of the Conduit or Channeler Initiate. When I was making this deck, I wanted a more control shell for the early game so we don't get run over by aggro decks. This is why I'm not running playsets of Servant of the Conduit or Channeler Initiate. Do you think I should just run 4 Channeler Initiate and take out the Servant of the Conduit for more land and fixing, or control pieces?
1 day ago
Cool random update, I was able to turn 5 flip a Westvale Abbey Flip last night. Turn sequence went: T1: Land, Festering Mummy, pass T2: Land, pass, removal spell on their turn T3: Land, Nest of Scarabs, pass T4: Land, Channeler Initiate, make 3 insects T5: Play Westvale Abbey Flip, tap everybody, sacrifice everybody, flip Abbey, make another insect from the Festering Mummy -1/-1 counter trigger, they scoop.
It was a very uninterrupted sequence of turns, but it can happen. I'm pretty hyped.
1 day ago
Honestly, in my God-Pharaoh's Gift deck I am running as the colors. Why? Let me explain.
has access to a few of the cards with Afflict, and those cards coming out of the graveyard as a 4/4 Zombie put people in a prisoner's dilemma. Another card I play in the deck is Glint-Nest Crane, which was played in Aetherworks Marvel decks as a way to filter to get one, and serves the same purpose in this deck. The final piece to me was mana ramp, through use of Channeler Initiate, Attune with Aether, and Nissa's Renewal. The sooner you get it out, the sooner you get the value out of the Gift.
I'd like to offer you the chance to look at that type of package, and see how it runs for you.
2 days ago
Sfaryman, you're right about the combo. I've been playing G/B Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord for so long that I must have forgotten at some point. The Ooze is still redundancy if you focus on the combo, but not a requirement. As for Channeler Initiate, it seems strange to be building around Rhonas when there's only a single copy in the deck. Are you planning on getting more of him? I'm not sure he's even needed here.
2 days ago
2 days ago
Really neat concept!
The only thing I can think of is that it might be worthwhile to consider going Jund since green offers a lot of cards that would work really well with your strategy like Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and Channeler Initiate to name a couple.
Besides that, I think it's a pretty neat build! +1
2 days ago
A few things I've noticed while messing with a similar GB counter deck.
- Decimator Beetle feels like garbage every time he's in my hand. I'm already worried about sweepers and the highest costing card coming in at 3/4 stats isn't exciting.
- Crocodile of the Crossing could be a replacement to Tenacious Hunter. A hasted 4/3 that generates a -1/-1 counter impacts the board. A 4/4 potential deathtoucher doesn't appear scary when snakes already fill that role.
- Channeler Initiate rarely feels like a dead card. He protects against getting land screwed, usually eats removal, and triggers both Nest of Scarabs & Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons.
- Westvale Abbey Flip, even as a singleton, can go a long way. It gives those 1/1 tokens a purpose going late and is great against removal. Channeler + the 3 scarabs he creates gets close by iteslf.
- Obelisk Spider has been going back and fourth. It has an interesting effect and 4 toughness is always welcome. The spider, unfortunately, doesn't have an immediate impact and the deck is already tight at the 3 cmc spot. Banewhip Punisher falls into the same position.
- Lethal Sting, as well as most of the instants, feel clunky. I consider mulliganing when two of them are in my opening hand and they are dead on an empty board.
Overall, I'm worried about the deck's consistency and how it stacks against others.