|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Crocodile
Afflict 3 (Whenever this creature becomes blocked, defending player loses 3 life.) Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a -1/-1 counter on Ammit Eternal. Whenever Ammit Eternal deals combat damage to a player, remove all -1/-1 counters from it.
Ammit Eternal Discussion
6 days ago
Ammit Eternal , Canker Abomination , Carnifex Demon , Cartouche of Ambition , Channeler Initiate , Decimator Beetle , Defiant Greatmaw , Devoted Druid , Exemplar of Strength , Karn's Bastion , Evolution Sage , Festering Mummy
2 months ago
Thanks bushido_man96 good shout, I need to re-brew it a bit, it’s a lot more sacrifices than the other list because hapatra doesn’t have card draw on her so it’s not as easily accessible.
I’m also considering Ammit Eternal and co from Amonkhet.
What do you think could be cut?
2 months ago
Contamination is better than Infernal Darkness because it's 1 mana cheaper and you can run cards like Bitterblossom and Ophiomancer to have sacrifice fodder every turn, and those cards aren't bad without Contamination. That will give you more room to add other cards. Cabal Therapy would fit in the deck if you added the token producers.
If you want to stick with Infernal Darkness, you should run Vampire Hexmage and cut Ferropede and Ammit Eternal . Blighted Fen is not good because it requires you to have a total of six lands in play, so you should cut those in favor of some combination of Swamps, Dark Depths , or other utility lands
2 months ago
Love the deck! I’ve been brewing something similar for ages now (deck’s called “Filth and Sickness” if you wanted to see). I have some thoughts here for consideration:
1) Blowfly Infestation , is a trap. Yes, it makes an infinite combo really easy. But if you can’t stop that infinite combo, all you’ve done is force a draw, because the game can’t continue. I’d drop it entirely, as it’s more effort than its worth.
2) run 4 Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons . Her along with Nest are your wincons, so you need to make sure you draw them early.
3) Carnifex Demon is cute, but waay too much cmc. I’d suggest the amount of mana dorks you’re running are not worth it to support him.
4) Fume Spitter is our best 1-drop so try to run the full playset. Conversely, the glistening-boy is not very useful unless you’re planning to win through infect (which you’re not).
5) as far as you’re other creatures go, consider the following: Necroskitter , Plague Belcher , Ammit Eternal , Skinrender , and Dusk Urchins . All are pretty cheap to buy, and will work better than your mana dorks, glistener, quillspike.
6) if you have enough $$$, Black Sun's Zenith is just too fun and auto-winning not to play
Anyway, hope this helps, and good luck spreading the -1 counter plague :)
2 months ago
Adds to Consider that aren't too pricey - Karn's Bastion - Contagion Clasp - Carnifex Demon - Grim Affliction - Skinrender - Incremental Blight - Banewhip Punisher - Splendid Agony - Ammit Eternal - Soulstinger - Lockjaw Snapper - Core Prowler - Murder - The Eldest Reborn - Spread the Sickness - Read the Bones - Whispersilk Cloak - Cauldron of Souls - Arguel's Blood Fast Flip
moderately spendy but relevant Liliana, Death Wielder
I'm not sure what the mana dorks are for exactly so maybe consider replacing them?
3 months ago
I wouldn't use card slots for enchantment specific/transmute tutors, as most of them cost 3 mana which isn't worth it. A couple Commune with the Gods is your best bet if you really have trouble finding Summoning; I'd cut a Mass Hysteria and an Ammit Eternal , Shivan Wumpus , or a land to make space.
Wayward Swordtooth probably has more upside than Ammit Eternal . Maybe also try playing Timbermare or Surrak, the Hunt Caller in place of Shivan Wumpus , not necessarily because they're better but because they might give the deck more angles to attack from.
6 months ago
Hey buddy! Decent start so far. I never liked how expensive the cost for gorgons was though lol Below are a few ideas that came to mind that might help with Hapatra and your death theme.
Some Creatures to consider:
Ammit Eternal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%