Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield. You gain 2 life.
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Shamble Back Discussion
3 days ago
Authority of the Consuls Chaplain's Blessing Griffin Aerie Heliod's Intervention Hushbringer Lone Rider Flip Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant Flip Serra Ascendant
Blood Artist Bloodchief Ascension Cling to Dust Nightmare's Thirst Shamble Back Sorin's Thirst Trespasser's Curse Vicious Hunger Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
3 weeks ago
Here's some cards that you might like. Some are better for sideboard than mainboard, depending on your opponent's decks. Please note that the cards I'm pointing to you here are all 3 CMC or less, so you have a more solid mana curve
- Authority of the Consuls
- Chaplain's Blessing
- Griffin Aerie
- Heliod's Intervention
- Lone Rider Flip
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant Flip
- Serra Ascendant
- Blood Artist
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Cling to Dust
- Nightmare's Thirst
- Shamble Back
- Sorin's Thirst
- Trespasser's Curse
- Vicious Hunger
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
I purposely sellected cards that interact with Life, so they can contribute to your main strategy one way or the other. Hope it helps!
1 month ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
8 months ago
Another idea: if add another Archive Trap one maybe able to mill 52 cards in the first turn if the stars align.
8 months ago
I played with a similar mill deck and found out winnie aggro and control destroyed the deck. If you are dead set on the mill combo I would drop Profane Memento or sphinx tutelage for Darkness and Shamble Back for Set Adrift
10 months ago
From Under the Floorboards . Army of the Damned . Open the Graves . Undead Augur . Risen Executioner . Lord of the Accursed . Liliana's Mastery . Cemetery Reaper . Rot Hulk . Lich Lord of Unx . Death Baron . Cryptbreaker . Zombie Master . Shamble Back . Diregraf Captain . Undead Warchief . Stir the Sands . Endless Ranks of the Dead . Eternal Skylord .
Sorry for the suggestion bomb.
1 year ago
Yeah no problem at all! Kalitas is quite expensive for a budget version but is a good addition nonetheless. Viscera Seer is another good sac outlet. Vile Rebirth is also quite better than Shamble Back not to mention it's instant speed and not a sorcery which personally, in decks like this I try to avoid them as much as I can. You can also find alternative budget removal that can be proven to be just as good Ultimate Price , Go for the Throat , Terminate and Dismember are good candidates. I believe with a full playset of Priest of the Forgotten Gods and Falkenrath Aristocrat this deck has already received a major upgrade! Very cool deck! Keep it up!
1 year ago
I really want to get some Priest of the Forgotten Gods for the deck. I’ve considered Judith, the Scourge Diva and Cruel Celebrant but initially dismissed the life drain effect since I like be more aggressive with cards like Falkenrath Aristocrat . I’ll definitely look into getting a few copies of them both.
I thought about using Fatal Push , but for my playgroup meta Tragic Slip is going to more effective against my groups Dino and indestructible focused decks. Spark Harvest replaced Bone Splinters since my playgroup uses a lot of planeswalkers. Dreadbore could be good so I’ll keep an eye out for those as well. My main goal is to get two more copies of Falkenrath Aristocrat and focus on sacrificing the humans like Doomed Traveler and Hunted Witness . Seraph of the Scales is awesome, but is also out of my budget. I like having Martyr of Dusk just in case my opponent has a way around Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet ’s zombie engine and it’s saved me a few times. Same with Shamble Back but I am looking for a better alternative since I don’t always have a creature ready to exile for it.
Thank you for the recommendations!