Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield. You gain 2 life.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Shamble Back occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Shamble Back Discussion
3 months ago
4 months ago
I would recommend Shamble Back, it is way better than Vile Rebirth it gains life and is also essentially the same card just better. Also with all of these planeswalkers I would recommend either or both Demonic Tutor to get out one of your combos, The Chain Veil is also great.
5 months ago
I wouldn't even play one copy of Shamble Back, not to mention 4! Trying working in better interaction such as discard or removal. Inquisition of Kozilek won't break the bank, Fatal Push would also be good in your deck since you have creatures going to the graveyard so often. And on that note, you should try to work in some Zombies that have enter the battlefield effects or effects when they die.
6 months ago
Authority of the Consuls Chaplain's Blessing Griffin Aerie Heliod's Intervention Hushbringer Lone Rider Flip Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant Flip Serra Ascendant
Blood Artist Bloodchief Ascension Cling to Dust Nightmare's Thirst Shamble Back Sorin's Thirst Trespasser's Curse Vicious Hunger Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
7 months ago
Here's some cards that you might like. Some are better for sideboard than mainboard, depending on your opponent's decks. Please note that the cards I'm pointing to you here are all 3 CMC or less, so you have a more solid mana curve
- Authority of the Consuls
- Chaplain's Blessing
- Griffin Aerie
- Heliod's Intervention
- Lone Rider Flip
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant Flip
- Serra Ascendant
- Blood Artist
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Cling to Dust
- Nightmare's Thirst
- Shamble Back
- Sorin's Thirst
- Trespasser's Curse
- Vicious Hunger
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
I purposely sellected cards that interact with Life, so they can contribute to your main strategy one way or the other. Hope it helps!
8 months ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
1 year ago
Another idea: if add another Archive Trap one maybe able to mill 52 cards in the first turn if the stars align.
1 year ago
I played with a similar mill deck and found out winnie aggro and control destroyed the deck. If you are dead set on the mill combo I would drop Profane Memento or sphinx tutelage for Darkness and Shamble Back for Set Adrift