Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Zombie
When Rot Hulk enters the battlefield, return up to X target Zombie cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of opponents you have.
9 months ago
Zombie Trailblazer to be unblockable
Soul Separator it's an artifact and when the lich dies we could create 2 more and 2 more phylactery counters
Wand of Orcus if we take the zombie route
1 year ago
+1 for Wilhelt. One of my favorite decks to play. Here’s mine, lot of similar cards and built mostly for mass-zombie-token creation. Wilhelt- Lord of the Horde. How have you liked running Rot Hulk? I put him in my scarab god deck but haven’t used it yet.
2 years ago
gray merchant is good in any mono black rot hulk will work with zombie tribal
3 years ago
I’d personally remove Rot Hulk, Dread and Demonlord Belzenlok. Not because they don’t synergize well, but because they’re extremely high cmc cards that have a very low probability of actually hitting the table. Even if you rebuilt this as more of a devotion (Nykthos, Shrine to Nyxx4) deck, it’s still very rare they’d be cast I should think. So better to remove them for a more consistent threat like Relentless Dead or Gravecrawler.
3 years ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
3 years ago
New update suggestions:
3 years ago