|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Thrash / Threat
Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker you don't control.
Create a 4/4 red and green Beast creature token with trample.
Thrash / Threat Discussion
1 week ago
Thrash / Threat is objectively better than rabid bite and should be used instead even though you don't have the red for Threat.
3 months ago
frosthammer_eden As much as I like Kraul Harpooner, it really doesn't feel good to play early in the game. If it comes down to dealing with flyers, we have both Vivien Reid and Vivien, Champion of the Wilds in the main and Thrash / Threat in the sideboard.
4 months ago
If possible I'd consider swapping out the Crushing Canopy s plus the multani's or something for a couple copies of both Thrashing Brontodon and Kraul Harpooner . Just a way to cover the same bases while adding to your critical mass of chonkers. New Vivien, Champion of the Wilds might be a sweet include in this also when she becomes available.
That said I think the best avenue for improvement would be the sideboard. There aren't any popular decks that are gonna have consistent targets for Broken Bond or Plummet when it matters and I'm not sure what matchups Silhana Wayfinder and the twins are coming in against. Cards like Thrash / Threat , Sorcerous Spyglass , Shapers' Sanctuary and Find / Finality seem like decent sideboard options.
If wildcards are in short supply you might want to consider the following: - Atzocan Archer (decent against mono tempo+ weenie sometimes) - Colossal Majesty (winmoorish but fun) - Diamond Mare - Dryad Greenseeker (card advantage) - Kraul Foragers - Kraul Harpooner - Thrashing Brontodon
4 months ago
Green got a nice creature removal card in Band Together they have needed another instant speed other than Thrash / Threat bonus the card is a common not a rare like Thrash
5 months ago
No I would definitely keep the elves in there, they let you cast all your other stuff 1 turn earlier which is very important in a tempo deck.
I think you can cut spells instead like Thrash / Threat and/or Collision / Colossus which I imagine you don't want to draw more than 1 of each game. Though to be honest, I know you want to keep them there because of the box set you bought, but I would cut the 3 domri cards.
5 months ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
6 months ago
Hey, consider Unclaimed Territory ? With it in your control Incubation Druid can make any color of mana. Consider switching the dual lands around? More Shock lands, less Check lands because of wanting to consistently be able to play Llanowar Elves turn one. At least go with 4x Stomping because that gives you more chances to cast both Llanowar turn one as well as Rhythm turn two. I think not playing Steel Leaf Champion is a mistake; in fact I wouldn't play Elves without playing Champion. Just having the possibility of going turn one Llanowar and into turn two Champion is powerful/good enough reason to play 4x Champion. Champion is also busted with Rhythm and by itself it can be a huge problem for your opponent or even win the game.
There's only six sources of black in the manabase here for Trophy or sideboard Duress? That's not enough to support these cards especially turn three Duress (to take your opponent's board wipe). With 4x main deck Trophy, you risk drawing too many Trophies and not a black source to cast it. You also can't rely on Incubation to be able to make black mana because the best chance is to draw one of only 4x Cemetery. Consider 2x Trophy and 2x Thrash / Threat main deck instead?
Consider a lot more dual lands and less Forests if want to support Trophy and 3x Rhythm? I suggest minimum 8x sources of each red and black to play both these cards. 10x sources of red for Rhythm (you want to be able to cast it turn two) and 8x sources of black for Trophy is better. You can get away with only 8x sources of black for Trophy because it's not a removal spell you want to use in the early game (turns 2-3-4) since giving your opponent a land in the early game doesn't consistently help you enough; it helps your opponent much more.
Good luck with your deck.
Thrash / Threat occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.09%