|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Crocodile
Hexproof (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Scaled Behemoth Discussion
3 months ago
Aquatic Incursion, Carnage Tyrant, Deeproot Waters, Jungleborn Pioneer, Scaled Behemoth, Soul of the Rapids, Striped Riverwinder...all cards that are or create something Hexproof in Standard right now
4 months ago
4 months ago
What's very easy to obtain are Woodland Streams at about <0.01$ a piece. Since your deck doesn't have any one-drops, your first turn is always doing nothing. Now, with Woodland Stream you can get both colors and still keep your pace.
Also, if it's not too much for you, Deeproot Elite seems pretty strong in this deck b/c a lot of your creatures are Merfolk. If you can't obtain them thats ok, b/c Merfolk Mistbinder can also serve in it's place.
Riddleform doesn't seem too strong in this build. All of your spells are either sorcery-speed targeting your own guys, which you can't do with Riddleform, or Instants that are made to be cast on your opponents turn and not your own. I would probably replace it with either Silvergill Adept if you're going towards Merfolk or maybe Treasure Map Flip.
Take out Garruk's Horde. There are much better replacements for it such as Scaled Behemoth or another Arborback Stomper. 7 mana is just too much for something that gets targeted by all control-like removal (Vraska's Contempt, Cast Out, etc,)
Other than that, good luck on this budget deck! My brother always says to me: "Make a deck that you can be proud of, not a super-budget deck that MIGHT go 3-1" and I respond with "You just don't get it do you. Money doesn't grow on trees or bushes!"
I am a big fan of budget decks!
6 months ago
Some changes I'd do and try out how they fare:
- Sol Ring (Illegal in our playgroup) run a dork instead
- Simic Keyrune - Play mana Dorks instead
- Vision Skeins - Play better draw spells for only you
- Flash Counter - Play better version of this
- Siren Stormtamer - Play better version of this
- Chasm Skulker - we don't synergize with this
- Tempt with Discovery - there's better ramp that's just for us
- Solemn Simulacrum - we are in green
- Creeping Mold - too expensive
- Pathrazer of Ulamog - Doesn't have a cast trigger, but we cast eldrazi
- Baloth Woodcrasher - We are not in limited or in landfall
- Scaled Behemoth - We are not in limited
- Gauntlet of Power - We are in 2 Colors
- Lightning Greaves - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Swiftfoot Boots - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Imprisoned in the Moon - the green one is better
- Song of the Dryads - Better than imprison in the moon. Binds everything until removed
- Doubling Cube - Should be very awesome with kruphix
- Nature's Claim - cheap instant speed removal
- Paradox Engine - we run counters and can keep our nonland mana so this should yield a lot of mana
- Vedalken Orrery - I think we like a lot of flash in this deck
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for us and slowmo for the others? Yes please!
- Dispel - cheaper than flash counter. Maybe play Swan Song instead of it.
- Everflowing Chalice - bestest manarock to dump mana in
- Brainstorm - best draw spell ever
- Staff of Nin - draw a card a turn and kill some mana dorks
- Fyndhorn Elves - mana dork
- Heroic Intervention - Protect's kurphix and therefore our accumulated mana
- Simic Charm - same as interverntion
- Turn Aside - see above. might be one too many but hey. if it's too much protection run more dorks.
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - she spits dorks. could be very awesome
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm every turn and an alternate wincon in a lockdown situation. Best walker ever.
6 months ago
For the main deck, we're already pretty well optimized for what we're trying to do. Obviously you'd want to upgrade the mana base with better dual lands and Carnage Tyrant comes in for Scaled Behemoth, but other than that, I like our setup as-is. There's a case to be made for going with Fatal Push over Trial of Ambition but between getting to re-cast it and potentially taking out Hazoret the Fervents and Bristling Hydras, I honestly think Trial is the better removal spell for us. Honestly, the sorcery speed and 1B cost hardly matter since we're can't even start committing threats to the battlefield until turn 4 and having to wait until turn 6 (Guardian with Negate backup) isn't that bad for us either.
The sideboard changes things up a bit. First, Vraska's Contempt comes in over Hour of Glory. Hour gets the job done but Contempt is better once our mana base can support reliably making double-black by turn 4. This might also be a decent place for some Pushes, swapped in place of Consign / Oblivion. We might also be able to slip some copies of Duress into the sideboard with more-reliable Black mana, but that would depend on your meta.
6 months ago
Okay, so fair warning, I haven't looked through every past version of your list, so some of these may be cards you've already considered, but I wanted to take a broad approach and hope to give you some stuff you've never seen before.
Angelic Wall Avatar of Hope City of Solitude Cloudthresher Condemn Conqueror's Galleon Flip Dazzling Ramparts Deathless Angel Doomgape Eater of Days Elderscale Wurm Engulfing Slagwurm Erebos, God of the Dead Giant Adephage Grave Sifter Gutter Grime Hunted Horror Jareth, Leonine Titan Karametra, God of Harvests Kin-Tree Invocation Luminate Primordial Palisade Giant Pelakka Wurm Platinum Emperion Primal Command Scaled Behemoth Solar Tide Sunscape Familiar Sylvan Primordial Terastodon Terra Stomper Vengeful Archon Voice of Resurgence Wall of Hope Wall of Junk Wall of Nets Windbrisk Raptor
7 months ago
I have a deck in which has a Scaled Behemoth. Assuming he doesn't get countered, are there any other tricks I would need to worry about getting rid of it? Thanks.
7 months ago
Really just swapping in Carnage Tyrant for Scaled Behemoth and upgrading the Mana base to include some mix of premium dual lands, then swap in Vraska's Contempt for Hour of Glory in the sideboard. Other than that, we're already running the best cards we can for this deck; I wouldn't even really want Fatal Push over Trial of Ambition since we can often fire off a single Trial multiple times per game. I guess you could cram a copy or two of The Scarab God in but I'm not sure the deck really needs it.
That said, a stronger mana base would open up more sideboard options. That would really be up to you, though; sideboards always depend on the local meta anyway.