Creature — Elf Scout
Hexproof (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Printings View all
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gladecover Scout occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Gladecover Scout Discussion
1 day ago
This is a very interesting archetype that can be build on a budget and there's more than one way you can do it. However, these types of decks, called "Bogles", normally use cheap creatures, like Slippery Bogle. So maybe you could replace Murkfiend Liege and Sturdy Hatchling for cheaper creatures like: - Faerie Seer - The faerie isn't unblockable but flying makes it easier to avoid your opponent's creatures. Also, it's ability to scry can help you set up your next turns better. - Gladecover Scout - Just a green version of the bogle. - Spire Tracer - A cheap attacker with decent evasion. - Pteramander - Just in case you decide to invest in a more instant and sorcery heavy build. I have some other suggestion regarding auras if you're interested. For some reason my comment wasn't working properly unless I put it weirdly like this, so I'm sorry if it's hard for you to read this way.
1 month ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
3 months ago
In the spirit of giving deckbuilding advice, and at the risk of sounding a bit obtuse, I don't think this deck is going to be competitive in Modern. Your only real protection is Sphere of Safety , which is too slow for Modern, and you will not realistically be able to benefit from either Celestial Ancient or Sigil of the Empty Throne , since you'll likely be tapped out after casting either, and will have to wait a whole turn before you can get any benefit. Finally, auras are just a bad strategy in a format with so much removal--your opponent can easily take out two of your cards using one of his or her own.
That said, Selesnya enchantments can be a fairly competitive deck, but it is an aggressive one, rather than a control one. The deck, often known as Bogles or Aura Hexproof, revolves around Slippery Bogle , Gladecover Scout , and Kor Spiritdancer to quickly drop low-cost hexproof creatures then start swinging with cheap enchantments like Rancor and other 1 mana auras (as well as Daybreak Coronet and maybe 1-2 copies of Spirit Mantle ).
However, if you want to keep with this plan, here are a few suggestions:
4 months ago
The good news in losing Estrid however, is that it gives you a good excuse to cut blue entirely.
With only basic lands in your mana-base, playing three colors is hard. I know you have Realmwright to help out, but with only two colors, you wouldn't even need to rely on its mediocre ability. ( Urban Utopia is still at least playable with 2 or 3 colors, but they could be Abundant Growth which is actually decent.)
That leaves Ordeal of Thassa as your only good blue card, making the cut pretty easy.
On a sidenote, if you want enchantment to be good in modern, you probably shouldn't go for the midrange route, as it invites you opponent to two for one you, making you lose the value you are trying to gain.
But hey, good and decent are two different things, and depending on your playgroup, you may not be in need of an actually good deck to compete.
Just know that if you want to make improvements, I'd be happy to help :)
6 months ago
I might recommend that you go with either Gladecover Scout or Slippery Bogle rather than Kor duelist and Noble Hierarch as they’ll be much more difficult to remove. Then you could potentially go “Turn one, creature. Turn two, Sigarda’s Aid+Hammer” and just start swinging.
7 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
8 months ago
I'm gonna give you a list of cards that I think are easy cuts, but before the I'm just gonna point out that Sage of Hours goes infinite with Ezuri.
AEtherize , Blink of an Eye , Crushing Canopy , Dissolve , Essence Scatter , Familiar's Ruse , Ghostly Flicker , Darksteel Ingot , Simic Locket , Rogue's Gloves , Propaganda , Wilderness Reclamation , Biomantic Mastery , Cultivate , Selective Snare , Whirlwind , Urban Evolution , Drove of Elves , Ezuri's Archers , Gladecover Scout , Heedless One , Lifespring Druid , Leaf Gilder , Jagged-Scar Archers , Masked Admirers , Thornweald Archer