|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
When Arborback Stomper enters the battlefield, you gain 5 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Arborback Stomper Discussion
2 months ago
- Is Eldrazi Monument a bit risky because it dies after a boardwipe?
- Is Worldspine Wurm's casting cost too expensive?
- Is Living Hive and Giant Adephage and Gigantomancer too slow/not enough value from the mana investment?
- Is 30 basic forest plus 9 non-basic land too little, too many, or ok?
- Is Abzan Beastmaster good enough card draw?
- Are the lifegain cards needed/good enough? Essence Warden and Arborback Stomper
- Is Druidic Satchel too slow and mana intensive?
- Is Nissa's Revelation too expensive and inconsistent?
- Is Moonsilver Spear a bit counter-intuitive in an anti-flyer deck? It's supposed to synergise with the token creation and a way to fight opponents' flyers.
- Should I play Squirrel Nest to combine with my Earthcraft for the infinite squirrel combo, or is that a bit inconsistent and unfair?
- Is Whisperwood Elemental any good? It does not synergise with the token creation theme, and has other risks.
- Is Whispersilk Cloak any good? it seems and over costed Swiftfoot Boots, but do I need to protect my commander, plus the unblockable might be valid.
- Is Archetype of Endurance worth it, as it seems like a not as good Asceticism?
3 months ago
I played 2 matches against your playtester mono red deck. The first match was 1-2 the next was 2-1. I felt lucky to have won. Mono red deck got stuck on 3 lands with a 2-3 four drops in hand for two of the 6 games.
I dont think that I would win matches 50% of the time against mono red but the fact that it only took two matches to beat it is encouraging since it appears to be one of the worst match ups.
In the matches I did:
3 months ago
I almost forgot to suggest a sidecard if you have issues with re-animator decks, or blue gearhulks. I suggest adding a copy of Crook of Condemnation. The card can be used to keep cards out of their graveyard and can stop gearhulks from ever getting their targeted spell for recasting. You can maybe take out a Duress or the Arborback Stomper for room.
Glad you liked the previous suggestion of the Ballista. Was worried about the suggestion since it has a bit of a price tag to it. Best of luck with the next tournament.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Yeah my bro gave me this deck the way it was and now I'm trying to work with it. I love ETB effects and I usually only play against 1-2 other players. So the deck needs to be fast. I feel like I could get some better ETB cards and also some better cards that allow me to trigger them more often. Sorry I'm not more specific I don't know that much about magic. My nephew just gave me Arborback Stomper and Elvish Visionary. I took out Azami, Lady of Scrolls and Bane of Progress.
4 months ago
What's very easy to obtain are Woodland Streams at about <0.01$ a piece. Since your deck doesn't have any one-drops, your first turn is always doing nothing. Now, with Woodland Stream you can get both colors and still keep your pace.
Also, if it's not too much for you, Deeproot Elite seems pretty strong in this deck b/c a lot of your creatures are Merfolk. If you can't obtain them thats ok, b/c Merfolk Mistbinder can also serve in it's place.
Riddleform doesn't seem too strong in this build. All of your spells are either sorcery-speed targeting your own guys, which you can't do with Riddleform, or Instants that are made to be cast on your opponents turn and not your own. I would probably replace it with either Silvergill Adept if you're going towards Merfolk or maybe Treasure Map Flip.
Take out Garruk's Horde. There are much better replacements for it such as Scaled Behemoth or another Arborback Stomper. 7 mana is just too much for something that gets targeted by all control-like removal (Vraska's Contempt, Cast Out, etc,)
Other than that, good luck on this budget deck! My brother always says to me: "Make a deck that you can be proud of, not a super-budget deck that MIGHT go 3-1" and I respond with "You just don't get it do you. Money doesn't grow on trees or bushes!"
I am a big fan of budget decks!
5 months ago
Liliana's Specter is annoying when hit with constant recursion. Pelakka Wurm and Arborback Stomper are good for some life gain. Elvish Visionary Masked Admirers Phyrexian Rager Phyrexian Gargantua all let you draw. Zulaport Cutthroat and Blood Artist all give you some bleed effects and may come in handy too.
6 months ago
Hi IzzetMtG thanks for the comment and suggestions!
Ripjaw Raptor can be tested.. it pairs very well with Rhonas but in that shell there are Bristling Hydras for now that pair with the god AND with the tasty snakes..
It don't comes very often but when you put down Rhonas and then Kefnet you feel the game is yours :DAnyway the list change every week.. with the last change i removed a pair of cantrips for a stronger creature count and to maximize the chance to activate the gods.
I assure you that Kefnet has won me a lot of games and provided me card advantage several times.. is good against midrange and mostly control decks. The only drawback is vs aggro decks but the plan there is to switch them with Deathgorge Scavengers.
Thanks to remind me of Arborback Stomper! If my local metagame changes to aggro-mode i'll put 1x in sideboard for sure!