Create X X/X green Ooze creature tokens.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Gelatinous Genesis Discussion
1 month ago
As a fellow Omnath player I have to give you props for running Gelatinous Genesis . Super underrated cards and so much fun!
2 months ago
SirPsychoSaxy Thank you! I'm honoured that you decided to build your deck around mine. The sole fact that keeps the Gelatinous Genesis here is that I haven't got the chance to try it yet haha, but thanks for the recommendation! :)
3 months ago
Too bad you can't run Lurrus of the Dream-Den . Oh well, it would break the theme anyway.
I would also think you might want some more X spell token creators. Cards like Secure the Wastes and Gelatinous Genesis . Even Sylvan Offering and Alliance of Arms could be good since your commander doubles up your tokens. The new Pest Infestation might be good as well. Overall, I like the idea and the list.
6 months ago
Also: I just learned of this card's existence while browsing on TO, but Gelatinous Genesis is an amazing name for a fun, exponent-y card.
9 months ago
Kruphix: Kruphix, at least for me, embodies the battlecruiser format, while not being a terrible deck. Here's some perfectly normal late-game plays. These can come as early as Turn 5!
- Have 1.2605068e+24 mana floating in your mana pool (this actually happened once). This number has a ridiculous amount of numbers, somewhere in the hundreds of thousands of digits. For perspective, 1 billion has 10 digits.
- Permanent Insurrection with Mass Manipulation
- 6.3025338e+23/6.3025338e+23 Oozes with Gelatinous Genesis. Remember, those numbers have thousands of digits.
- All the lands in your deck with Animist's Awakening.
- And so much more!
And now, onto my Sidisi deck. This deck is much more competitive, and it runs like a greased wheel. Everything comes together at once for one explosive turn. You'll be reanimating fatties as early as Turn 3, and the deck combines something for everyone.
- If ya like tokens, Sidisi can pump them out at hilarious rates, creating a zombie army to trample over your opponents!
- If you enjoy going tall with fatties, Sidisi is a prolific graveyard filler, reanimating big bois like Razaketh, the Foulblooded or Sheoldred, Whispering One left, right, and center!
- If you like comboing off like a boss, there are some great combos in the deck, one of which I discovered myself. Ping everyone to death with Nooze lines, mill yourself out for value and profit with Hypnotoad + Golgari Guy, or do it better with Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis + Altar of Dementia + Sidisivalue!
Here's the deck link: The Deck that Death Forgot [[PRIMER]].
BONUS POINTS: If you post a good description of your deck, I'll upvote it.
EVEN MORE BONUS POINTS: If you describe a fun game you played with it, I'll comment!
WOW, SO MANY BONUS POINTS: Remember, mutual upvotes are appreciated. If you see a deck you like, upvote it! And if you have the time, consider upvoting my deck. I always appreciate it.
10 months ago
I've also noticed the Gelatinous Genesis tokens are given as 2/2s instead of X/Xs
10 months ago
I think it would be a better proposition to make the spells cost 1 of the main color (e.g. black for Grixis) and then a hybrid of the ally colors. Then focus the spell's effects on the main color's interaction with the allies to design them.
Also I believe MaRo has said that tribal non-creatures will not happen again. It caused a lot of interaction ruckus.
I have to disagree Boza about what is within the color pie for each shard. The grixis one is mainly black, but red does sacrifice and can use that to remove creatures, with say Goblin Grenade or Fling. Blue however... is a long stretch to have do either of these, so perhaps the idea of a hybrid shard spell is not particularly interesting as the color pie sets too many restrictions, unless you straight up copy what the Shards have been doing in the Alara block - e.g. Grixis doing reanimation for a turn.
Unless the OP changed the cards since your posting, I think it's unfair to compare the Naya one to Finale of Devastation. For X = 2, you get to find a 4 CMC or less creature and put into your hand. Then for the rest of the turn your creature cards costs less.
What I find iffy is the combination of X spells with something that benefits casting other spells - like the Jund one granting your other creature spells Devour 2... The scaling of the card works directly against its other benefits. That just seems like bad design, even if it is intended as a conscious choice between scaling the effect and taking advantage of the sub-effect.
The Jund one is certainly still within green's color pie. Mycoloth is mono green with Devour. Green can create a lot of tokens. Usually it depends on something else like Avenger of Zendikar, but they do get a few odd X spells Gelatinous Genesis or Sylvan Offering.
I agree about both the Esper and Bant ones having little hold within Blue's slice of the color pie. Blue can create tokens, but usually not in bulk without depending on a 3rd party.
1 year ago
Nice job overall!