Legendary Creature — Gnome Artificer
Magical Tinkering — , , Sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost/mana value equal to 1 plus the sacrificed artifact's converted mana cost/mana value, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
|Have (3)||gmars , bigred2728 , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Oswald Fiddlebender Discussion
1 month ago
The new card Oswald Fiddlebender might fit in here as another formof artifact tutor, it could not work though because i dont know if you want to be sacrificing less efficent equipment.
1 month ago
Hey, you're welcome.
In my last comment I said "there's quite a few cards that look out of place" what I mean by this are cards that are creatures who you don't want to or can't cheat onto the battlefield with Kaalia, cards that don't help Kaalia in any way or support that's simply not worth the mana cost of the card. You have many more good cards than subpar ones and I don't want to discourage your deck building, but the rest of this comment are examples of cards that don't belong.
- Auntie's Hovel: not enough Goblins.
- Ancient Amphitheater: there isn't a Giant here.
- Oswald Fiddlebender: powerful card, one of my favs from the set, but it needs artifacts for fuel as well as having an artifact that you want to search for. Only 11 artifacts isn't enough to play this guy.
- Wall of Reverence: you simply don't need this card to gain life since it can't be cheated onto the battlefield with Kaalia or can even attack. Any Angel who has lifelink would be a better source of life.
- Serra Angel: in this day and age of Magic Serra is the definition of subpar. Any other five drop Angel with lifelink would be an upgrade for her.
- Guttersnipe: It's not a bad card, but you need a lot of instants or sorceries to fuel it's damage trigger. Having only 18 instants or sorceries out of the other 99 cards is not enough to play Guttersnipe.
- Isochron Scepter: it's an expensive card here that doesn't have a lot fuel. Like Guttersnipe there's not enough instants, but even worse is Scepter can only interact with instants that are 2 or less mana thus there's only 9 options of 99 cards in the deck.
- Mutilate: with only 6 Swamps you're counting too much on controlling Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Multilate to have enough Swamps to be playable.
- Crypt Rats: same as Mutilate you're counting too much on controlling Urborg to have enough black mana sources.
1 month ago
TheVectornaut no worries about timing. There's no rush to build a good deck. I'm just glad to hear from you. Based on your descriptions I think the second option is where I want to go with this deck, but with some added self-mill so I can really build up options for osgir quickly. Here are some cards that are on the way that I am most likely going to add soon: Phyrexian Triniform (big creature that may work better than triplicate titan), Rings of Brighthearth (4 tokens instead of two with osgir), Blinkmoth Urn(big mana), Goblin Engineer (sac and tutor in one), Zirda, the Dawnwaker(more mana help) and Leonin Abunas (protection). I also am pretty sure I will get Coveted Jewel, Basalt Monolith, Jhoira's Familiar (mana help), Grinning Totem, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Oswald Fiddlebender (tutors), Urza's Bauble (draw). I think if I get these and drop the ones in the sideboard section the deck would have increased mana efficiency, more tutors, and overall just stronger. The last piece I think would be a Mesmeric Orb, Grinding Station, or Keening Stone to fill up faster because the current GY fill cards are just lacking. Let me know if you think these are good choices out of the maybe board to snag. Ill try to playtest the deck a bit more online to see as well. Thanks!
1 month ago
Hey, nice upgrades so far.
Since you added Basalt Monolith and Rings of Brighthearth consider also adding Staff of Domination? Staff is an outlet with infinite colorless mana to draw and cast artifacts, repeatable sac and exile them with Osgir. Staff with infinite mana lets you repeatedly tap and untap Osgir. Goblin Engineer can tutor for any one of these combo artifacts, get it into your graveyard to reanimate by sacing any other artifact or exile it with Osgir.
Oswald Fiddlebender is a repeatable artifact tutor from Adventures of the Forgotten Realms who also gets artifacts into your graveyard to exile with Osgir. Lotus Bloom and Sol Talisman are mana rocks that have suspend, but they're CMC is 0. When they're in your graveyard they cost zero mana to exile with Osgir. You have cards here that make you discard and these are artifacts you want to discard. Boros Signet and Talisman of Conviction are more two drop Boros mana rocks.
Some changes to consider:
- Staff of Domination --> Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer
- Goblin Engineer --> Hellkite Igniter
- Oswald Fiddlebender --> Hoard-Smelter Dragon
- Lotus Bloom --> Rout
- Sol Talisman --> Boros Locket
- Boros Signet --> Temple of the False God
- Talisman of Conviction --> Forgotten Cave
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Goblin Engineer is interesting. I remember seeing a UW Urza, Lord High Artificer deck that used Vial and Oswald Fiddlebender to help assemble the Thopter Foundry/Sword of the Meek combo; maybe a Jeskai Urza deck with Oswald and Engineer could be in the cards somewhere?
I don't think I'd play Charming Prince over another card in the main here. The deck only runs 9 creatures that get any value at all from flickering, and of those Ranger-Captain of Eos is the only one without severely diminishing returns. For example, you only need Stoneforge Mystic's etb to resolve once to get your most powerful equipment, Kaldra Compleat; the second Stoneforge gets Nettlecyst which is okay, but after that flickering it isn't very good. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
3 months ago
Lord_Rivandere: I'm glad this deck inspires you, in all its MANY incarnations!
Yeah, the current version is definitely much more complex to pilot than the early versions -- the synergies are less obvious, but they're still there!
There's a few more ways to flip Avacyn you might have missed! Beyond the four obvious self-sacrifice creatures ( Benevolent Bodyguard , Ranger-Captain of Eos , Selfless Spirit , and Remorseful Cleric ), we also have two other controllable death triggers in Solitude 's evoke ability and the germ when we unequip Nettlecyst . Also, Ranger of Eos almost always retrieves Benevolent Bodyguard as one of its two creatures, so that's essentially a guaranteed flip as well :)
And sometimes it's worth just using a Sword of Fire and Ice or Umezawa's Jitte trigger to hit our own things in a pinch ;) But yeah, the flip damage has become a bit less of a true FOCUS and more of a... deterrent? "You'd better not block/kill/attack my hatebear, otherwise Avacyn will Purify your battlefield with deathtouch!"
I don't quite understand something you said: why can't I use Fiery Emancipation without flipping Avacyn?
And yeah, there are SO many things I want to add to this deck... Hope of Ghirapur seems playable again given Urza's Saga , I want to find a slot for Kaldra Compleat so I can cheat it out with Stoneforge (and get another death trigger off the germ), and there's at least 4 cards I'm definitely testing in Avacyn from the new set ( Share the Spoils , Fighter Class , Oswald Fiddlebender , Mantle of the Ancients) and like 20 more I'm considering (including Robe of Stars)... This deck does so many things, though (voltron-control-hatebears-combo), that it's really hard to find slots...
I'd love to talk further about Avacyn whenever you want! You can either ask me here, or reach out on Discord: daedalus#8885