Creature — Snake
If one or more counters would be placed on an artifact or creature you control, that many counters plus one are placed that permanent instead.
If you would get one or more counters you get that many of those counters plus one instead.
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- Winding constrictor and walking ballista
- How does Winding Constrictor and Energy counters work?
- Infinite counters with winding constrictor?
- If I cast Altered Ego X=1 and copy a Winding Constrictor, does the Altered Ego enter with one counter or two?
- How many counters will Ghave, Guru of Spores receive with all of the following on the battlefield...
Winding Constrictor Discussion
1 month ago
Before I make any additional changes, I need to playtest the deck as it current is and see how that feels. I shifted around like 10 or cards just the other day to make the deck how it current looks but I do want to play around with Retribution of the Ancients...you are not wrong that there are other effective removal spells but alot of them have negative side effects, CMC limitations, or just cost more. The idea was if I have +1/+1 counters to give, it would be a cheap way to clear the board and having slightly less powerful creatures would be worth it if the board is clear of threats...Although it was just a idea. I mean, I do have "Jank" as one of the hubs!
Scavenging Ooze does have a more permanent graveyard hate than anything I am currently running. It has some potential...thanks for that suggestion.
Cut down the Abzan Falconer in his triumphant flight!?! I could be convinced of that for more Luminarch Aspirant or something similar, Renegade Rallier, or if I add in this would be a great spot to make room for Winding Constrictor.
1 month ago
- I saw you were the mastermind behind the infamous So, You Wanna Buy Junk Yea? (Budget) deck. I noticed that Winding Constrictor was your main workhorse as you are messing with energy counters and +1/+1 counters in that deck so he really pulled his weight there.
I am playing with the idea of pulling in as I kinda liked the idea of Retribution of the Ancients as my main removal. I would still keep Hopeful Initiate around to deal with other threats but pretty much just drop Swallow Whole in exchange for it. What are your thoughts on that?
1 month ago
I will admit I restricted my research for this deck primarily to and so there may be some good stuff in with +1/+1 counter synergy to make me consider reworking the mana base to make room for constrictor and some other stuff but I will need to look into that.
Renegade Rallier has some serious potential. Most all my deck would be retrievable with him and casting him and getting to pull back an essential component that was bolted or removed the previous turn would tip things back into my favor. I do find that Hardened Scales or Conclave Mentor are like targets for removal and if I do not have antoehr in my hand, losing that can really slow the deck down.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Oh man, I played Fun with Fungus back during Timespiral and I loved that deck so much. It requires a lot of build-up to really get rolling so it's not very competitive and no fun against control decks, but then again what is? When it works right and you are putting tokens down everywhere though? Hooooo boy that's fun. Here are some of the things I ran back in the day:
- Sporoloth Ancient when combined with Sporesower Thallid makes each other Fungus pop off a Saproling each turn.
- If you're looking for a cheeky removal combo Vhati il-Dal + Deathspore Thallid is fun.
- Tragic Slip is a fun alternative to Bone Shards that can deal with indestructible creatures up to 13/13. But Eaten Alive is just better.
- Life and Limb and Psychotrope Thallid are great late game cards if you want insane mana and card draw.
- Verdant Embrace is also worth considering.
I have some specific thoughts on your build too:
- Consider what you want this deck to do really well. Are you trying to generate as many saprolings as possible to overwhelm your opponent? Or to sacrifice them to the Priest/Zulaport/Slimefoot? You could even make the fungi the real beaters themselves. It seems like your deck is doing a little bit of everything right now when it could benefit from focusing on one or two.
- If you want to focus on making many saprolings, Mycoloth is extremely powerful in this deck. Just because he's a big target for removal doesn't mean you shouldn't play him at all. He costs the same as your Tendershoot Dryad and generates twice the number of Saprolings per turn for only sacrificing one when he enters the battlefield. Sacrifice two and he's giving you back four every turn. And with Heroic Intervention to protect him you should be good to go. Definitely a mainboard card. I lost my mind when this card released.
- If you're looking to pump up your saprolings more Sporecrown Thallid is a great pick and may I also suggest Thelonite Hermit.
- If you want your fungi to be real threats then Thelon of Havenwood is your guy. Get some Sporesowers out and then watch the Spore counters pile up, making your guys absolutely massive.
- Consider switching out some of your cheap-cmc cards for things with more meat on their bones. This deck could stand to be a lot more top-heavy. A couple shell-dwellers can get you to the late-game but they are terrible late-game cards. I personally ran a set of Deathspore Thallids because I like their removal effect but none of these other fungi with 1 or 2 mana cost.
- Consider some traditional mana ramp like Rampant Growth instead of Utopia Mycon if you want to get your Sporesowers out earlier. It's less vulnerable to removal and you don't have to wait to generate your first saproling to get an extra mana.
- I love Priest of the forgotten gods and Winding Constrictor in here. I think they are both super effective for this deck.
- And lastly it should be spelled "galore" ;p
Best of luck and have fun with your fungus!
3 months ago
You need definitely more lands.
Very rough breakdown of a Commander deck:
- 45-50 mana sources (for example: at least 36 lands and 9 ramp spells)
- 8-10 removal spells (4-5 spot removal / 4-5 mass removal)
- 8-10 draw options
- Rest is for strategy of the deck.
Some options for the deck:
Removal and ramp
The deck needs more focus: Do you want a fungus / sapproling tribal deck or a +1/+1 counter deck Maybe a better commander for the deck:
3 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably include most of those. If I'm going the mono-green +1/+1 counter route I'll probably include Hardened Scales as well. I'm also looking at green/black for Corpsejack Menace and Winding Constrictor.
3 months ago
Jabberjaw46 I really like the addition of Sarulf, Realm Eater. I knew of the card since my son uses it in his GB Commander deck. Just didn't pick up on the synergy for some reason. I think the board wipe part was my main focus in reading the card. It seemed like a feel bad to wipe out my 5/5 Bloodhall Oozes and Winding Constrictors. But it has big upside and flexibility if I'm on the wrong side of board control.