|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Weight of Conscience
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature can't attack.
Tap two untapped creatures you control that share a creature type: Remove enchanted creature from the game.
|Have (4)||Tiddilywinkus , rebelteddybear , Orypool , bfarber91|
|Want (13)||kodie53 , umbertobomba , VampSlayer , Deadpool155 , vashaclarens , king0fclubs , mlouden03 , smedlrg , Trupie , OutsideTheMox , sttmccln , sleepy104 , zgriffin1989|
Weight of Conscience Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey, I'm an experienced Tiana pilot and would love to help! ( my deck link here ).
The first thing I would change is Wrath of God and Blasphemous Act because creature-only board wipes destroy the creatures, then the auras, so Tiana won't trigger for any of your auras. But board wipes like Hour of Revelation , Day of Reckoning, End Hostilities , Nevinyrral's Disk , Cataclysmic Gearhulk , Tragic Arrogance etc would make Tiana trigger on your auras. You could put in Auratog or Faith Healer so you respond to creature-only board wipes, or put in indestructible stuff like Hammer of Nazahn , Shielded by Faith , Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip etc.
Bludgeon Brawl has cool synergy with Tiana, because if Vandalblast , Scrap Mastery , Hour of Revelation etc are cast, then Tiana will trigger on your artifacts too. And if you include this, consider adding artifacts that sacrifice themselves like Unstable Obelisk , Commander's Sphere , Boros Locket , Boros Cluestone , Orazca Relic .
Along with self-sacrificing artifacts, I loved the idea of self-sacrificing auras and recycling them over and over with Tiana, especially with Sigil of the Empty Throne or Ajani's Chosen on the battlefield. Auras like Capashen Standard , Mortal Obstinacy , Flamespeaker's Will , Brand of Ill Omen , Sun Clasp , Weight of Conscience , Bound by Moonsilver , Lunarch Mantle , Uncontrolled Infestation , Inferno Fist , Guilty Conscience etc.
Other than the aforementioned cards, I'll also mention Mistmeadow Skulk which dodges board wipes, the new Swiftblade Vindicator and Smothering Tithe , Fabled Hero and other heroic cards that benefit from the aura recycling, Forgeborn Oreads and Scroll of the Masters and Mesa Enchantress for the aura recycling, Ethereal Armor , Helm of the Gods , Heavenly Blademaster , Laccolith Rig is stupid but fun, Heirloom Blade because RW sucks at draw (except this deck if you add auras that draw).
If I wanted to cut some cards from your deck, I would start with Order since it's 4 mana for a really narrow removal spell, and 3 mana to do something that odric or angelic skirmisher do (which is creatures so can be brought back into the game easier). Kwende, Pride of Femeref is essentially a 4/4 for 4 mana and is only useful for Tiana. Kitsune Mystic isn't needed with all the sacrificing and such. Authority of the Consuls and Godsend and Basilisk Collar isn't that impactful for an aggro strategy. Whispersilk Cloak gives shroud which isn't the best for a deck all about auras and equipment. Chariot of Victory isn't that good and doesn't add any power. And I would take out as many tapped lands as you don't mind, they slow down decks way too much, add Battlefield Forge .
Hope this helps makes your deck stronger!
3 months ago
This is a really cool looking build!
A few suggestions:
If you're already running Auramancer and Monk Idealist, Weight of Conscience is a great removal option that becomes sort-of repeatable.
If you're already running Remember the Fallen and Trusty Packbeast, one or two more sacrifice-able artifacts would probably help out. Consider Commander's Sphere.
1 year ago
Sigil of the Empty Throne, Starfield of Nyx, Karametra, God of Harvests, Ajani, Mentor of Heroes (expensive), Enchantress's Presence, Mesa Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Commune with the Gods, Eidolon of Countless Battles, Archetype of Courage, Archetype of Endurance
Most of the above recommendations focus more on the enchantments than on the centaurs. If what you're going for is more fo a tribal deck, try these:
Adaptive Automaton, Alpha Status, Brass Herald, Caller of the Hunt, Coat of Arms, Coordinated Barrage, Descendants' Path, Door of Destinies, Metallic Mimic, Obelisk of Urd, Reins of the Vinesteed, Shared Triumph, Steely Resolve, Stoneforge Masterwork, Tribal Unity, Weight of Conscience, Urza's Incubator
1 year ago
For Weight of Conscience the ability exiles whatever creature it's enchanting. If you activate it's last ability then move the aura, when the ability resolves it will exile the newly enchanted creature, then be put into the graveyard as a state based action. You cannot use Weight of Conscience to exile multiple creatures unless you return it from the graveyard to the battlefield.
1 year ago
- Squire enchanted with Frozen is blocked and dealt damage by Eager Cadet.
- Frozen's last ability triggers and is put on the stack.
- In response to this trigger, you activate the second ability of Simic Guildmage, choosing to move Frozen to another target: Hill Giant.
- Assuming nobody else does anything, last on the stack resolves first, and Guildmage's effect resolves moving Frozen to its new target, Hill Giant.
- Triggers resolve independently of their source, so Frozen's last effect resolves killing Squire.
(2) If Glory Seeker blocks Squire enchanted with Frozen, you may choose to activate Guildmage's second ability before combat damage and move Frozen. However, if damage is dealt, then it is too late and you can't do this.
(3) I'm not entirely sure on this one, so Epochalyptik please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Flux's trigger is put on the stack during the beginning of the upkeep.
- At this point, you may choose to respond to the trigger and move it with Guildmage's second effect.
- Assuming no one has any other responses, Guildmage resolves first and moves Flux to Hill Giant.
- Flux's trigger resolves independent of its source, and your opponent may either pay Squire's mana cost or sacrifice it because it was the object of the ability when it first triggered.
- Because Flux has already triggered once, it will not trigger again this upkeep on its new target, Hill Giant.
(4) At this point, I think you might be catching on to the pattern.
- You activate Weight of Conscience enchanted to Squire, and its ability is put on to the stack.
- In response, you also activate Guildmage's second ability to move Weight of Conscience to Hill Giant.
- Assuming no one does anything else, last on the stack resolves first, and Guildmage's effect moves Weight of Conscience to Hill Giant.
- Weight of Conscience's effect resolves independent of its source, removing the original target from the game, not the creature it is currently attached to.
Hope that helps!
1 year ago
1 year ago
I have a few questions with Simic Guildmage second ability.
Squire is enchanted with Frozen Solid and attacks. He's blocked and is going to be dealt damage. Is there any way for me to have forzen trigger but then move to a different creature to prevent frozen from going to the graveyard with squire?
I'm trying to prevent my aura's being destroyed, so in a similar scenario to question 1, can I use Guilty Conscience?
Activate Weight of Conscience then move it to another creature?
Lastly, can a creature get dealt 2 damage while enchanted with Illusory Wrappings then moving the illusory wrappings
No data for this card yet.