Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature can't attack.
When Cessation is put into a graveyard from play, return Cessation to its owner's hand.
Printings View all
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 weeks ago
If your interested in being annoying, there are several Urza block enchantments that return to hand when they go to the graveyard from the battlefield: Sleeper's Guile for some evasion, Brilliant Halo (not that great), Despondency to nerf a creature, Cessation and Slow Motion can be really annoying.
1 month ago
I wanted to add more "creature prisons" with return to hand effects. Sadly I could only find one I thought was passable (Cessation and Forced Worship seems a bit too weak to play). While looking at removal cards I also restumbled upon Chaos Warp which suddenly seemed very fun.
3 months ago
Control Magic, Chamber of Manipulation, Parasitic Impetus, Abduction, Confiscate, corrupted conscious, Dream Leash, incase in ice, Enslave, Faith Unbroken, In Bolas's Clutches, Infinite Reflection, Lay Claim, Leaden Fists, Mind Control, Persuasion, Prison Term, Spectral Grasp, Spirit Away, take posession, Treachery, Vow of Duty, Vow of Flight, Vow of Lightning, vow of malace, Vow of Wildness, Weight of Conscience, Winter's Rest, Yavimaya's Embrace, Arrest, Bonds of Faith, Bound by Moonsilver, Bound in Silence, Cage of Hands, Cagemail, Captured by the Consulate, Caught in the Brights, Cessation, Choking Restraints, Crystallization, Demonic Torment, Desert's Hold, Dreadful Apathy, Faith's Fetters, Forced Worship, Hobble, Ice Cage, Kirtar's Desire, Krasis Incubation, Lawmage's Binding, Luminous Bonds, One Thousand Lashes, Pacifism, Pillory of the Sleepless, Recumbent Bliss, Revoke Privileges, Capture Sphere, Castaway's Despair, Charmed Sleep, Claustrophobia, Encrust, Malfunction, Mystic Restraints, Numbing Dose, Shackles, Sleep Paralysis, Stasis Cell, Unquenchable Thirst, Waterknot, Martial Impetus, Predatory Impetus, Psychic Impetus, shinny impetus, Darksteel Mutation, Deep Freeze, Frogify, Ichthyomorphosis, Imprisoned in the Moon, Kasmina's Transmutation, kenrith's transmutation, Lignify, One with the Stars, Reprobation, Song of the Dryads
and that's just auras
4 months ago
If you haven't seen Aspect of Mongoose before you probably haven't seen the others. There are three per color i think. Launch, Cessation and Spirit Loop, Sluggishness etc. Recasting enchantments that fit your deck is as good as card draw sometimes.
1 year ago
1 year ago
I like your build, with a few exceptions, otherwise it looks solid. There are cards I run in my build that I'm not seeing in your build, and I believe you really need to run them.
First, a few creatures worth addressing. Kor Spiritdancer is a must, given the number of auras you are running, as is Sram, Senior Edificer. I would consider taking all of the Lieutenant cards and Thassa's Devourer out for some better options, such as Eidolon of Countless Battles, Auratog, and Phantatog. Why the atogs? Merciless Eviction and Return to Dust effects, primarily.
For auras, look into recursive enchants like Rancor. Ones I didn't see that you can track down are: Launch, Brilliant Halo, Spirit Loop, and Cessation. Aqueous Form can help you push through damage and set up your draws a little better, too.
I hope these suggestions help! I really enjoy this commander. Bant Enchantress is by and large my favorite archetype of all time. I'm the resident expert, in a manner of speaking, at my LGS because I've been playing it for so long (or variants). Good luck.
2 years ago
Flickering Ward effectively reads "Pay , draw a card" if either Sram or Mesa Enchantress is in play. Protection from a certain color may also path the way for your Commander to swing in for lethal commander damage.
Cage of Hands is a weaker substitute of Ward above but can used to lock an opponent's creature.
Cessation it recurs itself when put into the graveyard from the battlefield is useful.
Curse of Exhaustion not exactly strong but it's an aura nonetheless, and a single player "Rule of Law" can be hilarious (for you at least).
Pentarch Ward Cantrip effect and grants color protection to Sram.
There are plenty of white aura that buffs a creature's P/T and grants a bunch of abilities like flying, first strike, vigilance, lifelink, etc. Those are personal choices so will leave it to you to pick and chose the best combination. I'd prefer those with in-build cantrip effects to help with card draw.
2 years ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)