Creature — Human WizardWhen Auramancer enters the battlefield, you may return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.03||$0.13||$0.65||$0.28||0.07 TIX||0.01 TIX|
|Have (17)||SomethingRandom , dragonbladeice , StrugglePeter , ducttapedeckbox , Abnomallyman , B1ITZ3D , saj0219 , dhgarcia , DBCooper , Gavbot , fr49200 , Arleccino1313 , Gromvari , Salad_Thunder , Raistlin911822 , Bellerophone , chrysaries|
9 hours ago
Hi anyone reading this. I plan on building three different dual colored decks, two of which are inspired by Magic Origins, one is just an idea I had.
Geen/White(selesnya) Super Defense deck.
This comes after my friend beat me to the punch of doing a green white populate deck as his first main deck(we're both new to Magic). So I wanted to take the green white combo in a different direction. The main inspiration is two cards, Heart of Light and Pariah. It could be enchanted onto any creature really, but I was thinking something like Angelic Wall would be a good candidate. It would also run a decent amount of defenders like Hornet Nest. I'd also like to run a full set of Heliod's Pilgrim to fetch said auras and may Auramancer on top of that. On the green side of things I'm thinking some mana ramp and spells like Mending Touch and serene rememberance]]. Beyond that I don't really know what else could beef this deck up into an untouchable wall of Defense. Then of course I'd need some way to actually win the game so what recommendations do you guys have for something that has decent offense and defense as well or what I could do to actually win the day? I'm thinking keep my creatures as much in the air as possible, so Sungrace Pegasus sounds like a nice option and see if I could throw enough buffs or instant buffs in to make that work.
Black and Green(golgari) Elf Deck.
Shaman of the pact has got me thinking that my first elf deck should be black and green. not to mention that Black is currently the only color I'm not running in a deck. So for elves, for black cards or I guess more specifically, black elves which cards do you recommend?
Robocop Deck(blue/red izzit deck).
This deck is basically a blue control, red burn with artifacts deck. Looking at Magic Origins, there seems to be a decent amount of cards that puke out 1/1 flying thopters along with them and this was an idea I had prior to the set's release anyways. So why not try it now that it actually seems to be a thing?
Dual land database?
Lastly with all this in mind, where's the best place to look up the different kinds of dual lands. I don't have very many for anything but the Simic color combo as I'm already running that. How do I look up the Hinterland Harbor equivalent for blue/red, white/green, and green/ black? Is there a definitive list here on Tapped out or what?
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate your taking the time to read this. And as any new player could use I could always use some feedback on my decks. Have a great day!
1 day ago
Hey man, +1 on a solid looking deck.
A couple of quick suggestions: Merciless Executioner and Fleshbag Marauder are pretty good alone, but are REALLY good with Grave Pact effects. Also, Auramancer and Monk Idealist aren't bad if you want to go a little enchantment heavy, which by-the-by is completely doable considering things like Mesa Enchantress and Eidolon of Blossoms are cheap (and such good draw).
2 days ago
5 days ago
1 week ago
You cipher on Auramancer, from then on whenever Auramancer deals combat damage to a player you will be able to copy Stolen Identity with Strionic Resonator (and will thus be casting it twice on each hit of Auramancer).
At least that's how I see things.
1 week ago
I don't get what the payoff is supposed to be. Are you bringing back Stolen Identity? There's only one target for Archaeomancer in the GY so why use Strionic Resonator? What reason is there that you want Auramancer to be the target of the original Stolen Identity? Is there some enchantment sac loop you're trying to create? What enchantment is it?
1 week ago
So i was thinking, not sure if it would work. So say you miraculously have all this or something close to it you have Auramancer, Archaeomancer, and Strionic Resonator out on the field. You cast Stolen Identity and cipher it, of course place it on Auramancer and you want to copy the Cipher thats put on Auramancer to Archaeomancer. Is that legit or am i going at it the wrong way?
1 week ago
So I started playing with this deck on untap to see how it would work. Some interesting things, I guess.
First of all, this deck is super grindy. I mean like, be prepared for hour matches and then possibly lots of overtime and even draws.
I played one game against U/W control. There are some problems with this matchup. First, Nyx-Fleece Ram is a dead card. Your deck is fairly slow, so they just sit there and counter stuff. Evolutionary Leap was ok in this matchup. Starfield of Nyx led me into an hour + battle with the other deck. I was too exhausted to go to game 2. The problem is that the Starfield is actually both really good and bad against control. You can return an enchantment, but they just board wipe and you lose everything, including your Banishing Light etc. because they turn into creatures. I lost this game BTW. He finally got an Ugin, the Spirit Dragon out and wiped the field.
I played an entire match against mono red aggro. I suspected the deck would be very strong against mono red, which is true to a certain extent. There are a lot of life gain creatures / big blockers such as Nyx-Fleece Ram, Courser of Kruphix, and Herald of the Pantheon. I ended up going 2-1 in this matchup. Going first is still huge here, which is more or less why he got the second game off of me.
The round still took almost a full hour. The reasons are the following:
1) Lots of dead cards floating around that are absolutely worthless early game: Nylea, God of the Hunt, Sigil of the Empty Throne, Citadel Siege, Starfield of Nyx. I was able to get rid of some of these post game 1, but you have to mulligan hard to get a good hand. More or less mulligan until you get a Nyx-Fleece, almost.
2) The enchantment search sorceries are also very slow and not very great in this matchup.
Based on the games I have played so far, I suggest the following:
1) Cut Citadel Siege. I never played it once, and when I drew it it was more-or-less a facepalm. It's too bulky and your creatures will just eat a fat removal spell in most cases.
3) The deck does need to be faster. I would recommend trying 4x Elvish Mystic to speed it up. Otherwise control and midrange are going to eat you alive. You could also try Font of Fertility, not sure how that would work.
4) Evolutionary Leap is more of a sideboard card. It's good in some matchups, not so great in others.
5) I'm not sure if you have enough removal. Basically, you only have 4 cards that can eliminate a potential threat from the battlefield.
7) If you keep either of the sorceries (and I think maybe going down to 4 copies from 6 is the right choice), one or two copies of Become Immense could be considered as you are dumping a lot into the yard.
8) There are an insane amount of triggers in this deck and it is very, very easy to miss something, whether drawing a card or gaining a life. These triggers also slow the game down somewhat.
9) The possibility of splashing black for Doomwake Giant is enticing, but you'd have to rework the entire deck at that point.
10) A few copies of Auramancer might be good in here.
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
|Avg. draft pick||9.41|
|Avg. cube pick||12.44|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Common|
|2012 Core Set||Common|