|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Caught in the Brights
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature can't attack or block.
When a vehicle you control attacks, exile enchanted creature.
Caught in the Brights Discussion
1 month ago
I'd make room for:
- Gelid Shackles (and run all snow plains)
- Bonds of Faith (if it's a human just tutor a different one)
- Compulsory Rest (its fine)
- Crown of Awe (backup)
- Luminous Bonds (pacifism is strong even at 3cmc)
- Revoke Privileges (^)
- Bound in Silence (^^)
- Caught in the Brights (^^^)
.. by taking out:
- Mortal Obstinacy (very meh, even for removal)
- Lifelink (nice but not needed at the most competitive place, which you're going for)
- Empyrial Armor (ethereal armor and some others are enough, just extra)
- Chosen by Heliod (cantrip is not worth tutoring for this meh)
- Armillary Sphere (is only used for colorfixing in decks with lots of colors and no green)
- Apothecary Geist (I understand you need tutor triggers but you've got plenty and this is your worst spirit)
- Shinen of Stars' Light (meh)
- Kami of Ancient Law (meh)
8 months ago
My idea is to make all of the above as 30 card Modern legal decks, where you take any two pieces and combine them before the game starts to make a full 60 card deck. Each 30 card deck will also have a "champion" - a mythic or rare that is the lynchpin - while the rest of the cards are commons or uncommons. For example, BR aristocrats:
This can be combined with say, RW Vehicle aggro:
1 Depala, Pilot Exemplar - the champion
4 Veteran Motorist
2 Renegade Freighter
2 Untethered Express
2 Consulate Dreadnought
1 Aeronaut Admiral
2 Speedway Fanatic
1 Caught in the Brights
2 Court Homunculus
You can easily combine the two to make a capable deck. Keep going for the other deck archetypes.
What this idea does is provide a mini-game for more experienced players and variety of gameplay, while less experienced ones get a view of deckbuilding and a form of "smash-up" that is more fun than simply picking up a ready deck. If you want to really spice it up, add some loose cards players can switch in between games - a sort of a sideboard.
For example, with 10 30-card decks, you have 90 combinations.
11 months ago
Have you considered metalcraft and "when this becomes tapped" effects? Or would that lean too far away from the midrange-y goodstuff goal of this deck.
1 year ago
:) Good idea!
maybe you can try with those:
- Anointed Procession you have so many of tokens... :)
- Ixalan's Binding to stop the enemy's commander.
- ... and Gideon's Intervention to stop the enemy's commander.
- Caught in the Brights is better then Compulsory Rest.
- Gate to the Afterlife help you to discard non-historic cards and get some cards in your graveyard for Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle.
- ...and God-Pharaoh's Gift because of the Gate to the Afterlife.
1 year ago
Oh, it's in there. I also haven't cut Caught in the Brights yet. I have to hit more of Tim's creatures with my car!
1 year ago
Possibly a Chief of the Scale, what is your budget? Tormod's Crypt or Leyline of the Void, Leyline of Sanctity, and Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet. Most of those cards are expensive, and I understand if your budget doesn't allow. I run a similar deck that I haven't bought anything for and it runs lot's of exile like Silkwrap and Caught in the Brights. It also runs a few angel's and a Vizkopa Guildmage. I like the deck!
2 years ago
These are not so good:
- Glint-Sleeve Artisan
- Visionary Augmenter
- Caught in the Brights
- Pia's Revolution
- Built to Last
- Built to Smash
- Welding Sparks
- Metalwork Colossus
2 years ago
No data for this card yet.