Creature — Merfolk Wizard
(Blue), Tap: Counter target spell unless its controller pays (1).
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Vodalian Mage Discussion
4 weeks ago
my two-month (since posting) update is as follows:
2 months ago
Tamiyo doesn't really do anything in this deck; Play Future Sight instead of Magus, it's harder to deal with; Run counter spell instead of Hindering light, you know you'd rather counter that Wrath; Riptide Director is a worse Azami, Sage of Fables however buffs most of your dudes and allows for some interesting things; If you are gonna run Mystical tutor play an instant or sorcery worth it being in the deck for.
Cards worth adding:
- Idyllic Tutor: Commerce is VITAL to this deck.
- Some form of graveyard recursion: COMMERCE IS VITAL TO THIS DECK!
- More Counter Magic: Your playing blue, so play blue
- Swords to Plowshares/Path to Exile/Afterlife: instant speed spot removal
- Quarantine Field/Oblivion Ring/Journey to Nowhere: Because removal.
- Whirlpool Rider
- Aether Vial
- Return to Dust
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Aquitect's Will
Some cards that are maybes:
1 year ago
If it were me, I'd focus on a lot of wizards that counter spells )since they are getting 1 card per turn), so Brine Seer, Disruptive Pitmage, Disruptive Student, Ertai, Wizard Adept, maybe Lullmage Mentor, Patron Wizard, Soratami Savant, Vodalian Mage, etc.
This in combination with actual counter spells means they're effectively locked out once you're setup.