|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Uncommon|
|The Dark (DRK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Cleric
,: Destroy target black creature.
1 year ago
Well, it's likely they'll only go up assuming you have card with actual demand behind them. Take something like Grim Monolith. It's not at all necessary for EDH decks, but it's a core ramp option in some high level decks. That price tag it holds doesn't really translate to its power, but idiots like me are willing to pay lots of money to get optimized ramp packages for their decks. It will retain value as it has real demand.
On the other hand, you have reserved list cards like Exorcist. It's not really played anywhere and it is only worth its price tag to people who want to own complete sets. Sometimes these types of cards spike like crazy. Someone might acquire all copies of the card they can buy online overnight and artificially cause the price of the card to skyrocket. Good luck trying to find 50 people who are willing to pay $80 for your copies of Exorcist. A lot of old (Alpha, Beta, Antiquities, etc.) and reserved list cards like this are currently spiking for no reason. These aren't nearly as good to old onto as cards that have real demand.
Still, it's likely your reserved list cards will retain value. MtG prices actually remained relatively stable or increased during the 2008 depression, which is something I don't think even Gold managed to do initially (even though it boomed back huge afterward). That speaks to the stability of card prices overall.
2 years ago
might be easier if you filter that list a bit (otherwise its just an endless search on card databases with basic lands, colors and "destroy"...etc as keywords)
are you just looking to build a database or looking for a specific kind of hate in specific specific colors?
2 years ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
3 years ago
En de COP's, EN de ROP's zijn een beetje dubbelop. Ik zou persoonlijk kiezen voor de COP's dankzij de activatie van 1.
Iona en Llwan ga je nog wel op terug komen hoop ik. Ik denk dat het deck an sich ook al goed is en deze twee breken het deck. n speler hosen ok. maar n speler het hele spel deny'en gaat wel een beetje ver.
Martyr's Cry is goede removal, maar de card advantage is ook stevig. Ik denk dat je de tegenstanders te veel gaat geven.
Glory heeft het nadeel dat je hem eerst de GY in moet krijgen, dat kan nog wel eens een lastige zijn aangezien je meerdere goede removal targets hebt.
Misdirection past niet helemaal in het deck (nee je kan de blue niet veranderen in een andere kleur)
De kaarten die ik voornamelijk mis zijn de volgende: - Tidal Visionary (1-drop en kleur veranderen) - Exorcist (Gaaf en goedkoop, need I say more) - Order of the Sacred Torch (Witte countermagic!) - Insight (Prima card advantage) - Lightwielder Paladin (Flinke jongen met een goede exile ability) - Eventueel nog Stormtide Leviathan
3 years ago
3 years ago
I think the deck would benefit from Whipgrass Entangler, Deathbringer Liege, and Exorcist. I also like adding Suture Priest to team Soul Sister. Batwing Brume and Withered Wretch can really mess with certain deck strategies and are broad enough to feel good in any situation. I also like Leechridden Swamp for the flavor.
No data for this card yet.