|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Lizard Beast
Whenever a permanent you control is turned face up, you may return Deathmist Raptor from your graveyard to the battlefield face up or face down.
Megamorph (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up at any time for its megamorph cost and put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Deathmist Raptor Discussion
3 weeks ago
Thanks JellyJam for the upvote and comment. I added a couple Zoetic Cavern, its a great versatile card that I overlooked. As for Deathmist Raptor I like it a lot and was considering it along with Djin, Den Protector, and Stratus Dancer but I just felt like the others provided more consistent value, the high morph cost really hurt it in my eyes. Thanks again for the suggestions.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Defense of the Heart is a great card in any green deck with large creatures. The ability to tutor a threat is powerful. The ability to tutor a threat and put it immediately on the battlefield even more so. The ability to tutor two threats and put both on the battlefield? Very strong.
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is another great card in any green ramp deck, as it both doubles your own ramp, and slows your opponents. It makes a great target for Defense of the Heart--being able to Vorinclex on turn 4-5 is usually enough to win the game.
I would recommend cutting Deathmist Raptor. You already are fairly creature-heavy, and its ability adds little to your deck.
I also think you are running a bit too many lands, and could probably afford to cut 1-2 of them.
Also, I noticed on your profile that you were fairly new to this site. I wanted to assure you that the spam posting above is uncharacteristic, and most everyone here is very helpful and friendly!
Arthfael208 on Dinos
2 months ago
Last comment did not work so I reposted it in a different format.
These are my recommendations:
- Tilonalli's Knight - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Shining Aerosaur - plain dino
- Raptor Companion - plain dino
- Titanic Ultimatum - you do not need overrun effects in your dinos deck as they are strong enough on thier own.
- Deathmist Raptor - does not really do anything in your deck but is a 3/3 deathtouch
- Frenzied Raptor - plain dino
- Imperial Lancer - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Pterodon Knight - same as above.
- New Horizons - better ramp available
- Dinosaur Stampede - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Huatli's Spurring - same as above.
- Rallying Roar - same as above.
- Slash of Talons - not really good you could go Path to Exile instead as a better removal at the same cmc.
- Coat of Arms - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Ramp cards like Skyshroud Claim or Cultivate.
- Creature ramp specifically Birds of Paradise, the elves, and Priest of Titania.
- ways to cheat in dinos Quicksilver Amulet and Elvish Piper.
- more dinos with effects you do not want plain dinos that are just a 4/3 beater you want it to do something.
- more haste enablers like Swiftfoot Boots or Urabrask the Hidden
- more removal or ways to interact with the board like Path to Exile, Nature's Claim, Wear, Austere Command, and Pyroblast
4 months ago
Part of your running into the same deck problem is you are playing standard. There are only so many cards to choose from and lets face it, standard rarely retains its value, i remember when Deathmist Raptor was a 25 dollar card now its 3 bucks...have you considered changing formats? Youre still going to run into net deck elitists, hell, im one of em, but atleast youll have a different idea of decks and more competition as most lgs have atleast a variance of decks in modern. It sucks we have jerks that destroy a very wonderful game but at the end of the day if YOU enjoy playing it, dont let some ass bag ruin your time. Wish you all the luck and hope you consider jumpin formats, atleast with modern you can consistently know what to expect and build around it. I think its a much more home brew friendly format.
4 months ago
Consider the dinosaurs that were errata'd to be dinos:
Old Fogey (depending how causal you are)
and finally Tyrranax
5 months ago
I'd recommend checking out some of the cards that are dinosaurs now that Ixalan has been released. Deathmist Raptor & Fungusaur come immediately to mind, especially Fungusaur with a built-in Enrage trigger.