|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Land — Desert
: Add to your mana pool.
, Pay 1 life: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice a Desert: Put two -1/-1 counters on target creature an opponent controls. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Joblaska , philktoken8998 , _raeofsunlight , rakdos24 , bakeraj4 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (3)||moonmonster , Wolfninja , mbishop723|
Ifnir Deadlands Discussion
5 days ago
Hello I'm pretty new to the site and was hoping someone can help me with a -1/-1 counter deck I'm working on for 2hg.
Right now it looks like this but I'm very open to making changes (that's why i'm posting)
The main thing I'm trying to do is keep the board under control, drain life with spiders, and create 1/1 tokens and finish by going wide if need be. Keep in mind I will have a partner as well so I don't have to do everything alone. Played it a few times and it is very hit or miss. Either it comes out the exact way it's supposed to be and wins games or it's all over the place and does nothing. Looking to make it a little more consistent and have something to do every turn if possible, not just wait for wombo combos. Sorry about the formatting, I tried to fix it but couldn't figure it out..
6 days ago
If you want to use those cards by all means, go ahead.
At that stage of the curve you want something that is a minimum of 2 Power, or you will find it difficult to Crew 3.
I'd rather have the Haste and recurrence, not to mention the ability to solo Crew 3.
Counter or pay is OK for the early game, but it loses value as the game progresses. Disallow in games that go long is invaluable, and is so much more flexible than Metallic Rebuke. It can do things like Counter a Planeswalker's ultimate, or Counter the ability of Ifnir Deadlands.
The big problem I have is what I would remove for it.
I won't be able to finalise my Sideboard until I see what the local meta is like.
To be honest, with the amount of Creatures in this deck, and the recurrence, decks that have a lot of removal struggle to keep pace. Especially since the Vehicles MUST be dealt with at Instant speed, on the whole.
The other problem for the Opponent is that only one Crew member has to slip through to wreak havoc.
I appreciate the time you spent thinking about this deck.
I've actually piloted a very similar Artifact / Vehicle Deck throughout the Kaladesh and Shadows Over Innistrad blocks. So I know what suits my playstyle.
6 days ago
Removing Approach of the Second Sun was a very good idea.
You really need a deck with a lot of Counter spells and draw for that to work.
I am going to guess that you don't have a big budget for this deck. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I would remove the following cards:
2x Mirage Mirror - it takes until at least Turn 4 to make this into a Creature, and then you have to spend to do so. In the meanwhile you could have just played a good Creature on Turn 3, that you don't have to keep paying for. Once you have turned it into another Creature you cannot pay to change it again that turn.
1x Throne of the God-Pharaoh - this is great when you have something like a Token deck, which has masses of Creatures to tap. In this deck I don't think it's great.
2x Diabolic Tutor - there's not really anything amazing that warrants a tutor spell.
1x Oketra's Last Mercy - I would move this to the Sideboard as you won't need it against most decks.
1x Slaughter the Strong - this also belongs in the Sideboard. It's OK against Control decks, rubbish against everything else. Control decks will just Counter it, though. Basically cards that have a very specific task belong in the Sideboard, to be brought in against certain decks.
You need more early Creatures. Your deck is taking too long to get things together, and is being overrun by faster decks.
I would put in seven 2CMC Creatures for those cards you have taken out.
Glint-Sleeve Siphoner - helps with draw.
Dire Fleet Poisoner - a nasty surprise.
More Gifted Aetherborn.
Adorned Pouncer - returns from the Graveyard bigger than before.
Adanto Vanguard - easy to protect in the early game.
You need to incorporate some dual lands in your deck, if you don't want to get coloured screwed.
4x Forsaken Sanctuary would be a good start.
Or 4x Concealed Courtyard, if you can afford them.
There are some very good, cheap utility lands at the moment.
Don't worry too much about losing a bit of life early in the game. The late game pay off is worth it.
1x Arch of Orazca would also be useful, as you have very little draw.
Hope that helps a bit.
If you make changes, and want me to take another look, tag me in these Comments.
1 week ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.
1 week ago
I would just put a little focus on a better manabase: Forsaken Sanctuary, Evolving Wilds, Aether Hub (now that is still legal) and even Survivors' Encampment (since you have so many creatures with Vigilance) are all nice additions. Shefet Dunes, Ifnir Deadlands, Scavenger Grounds and Field of Ruin are instead excellent utility lands that come handy in almost any matchup. Last but not least, Desert of the Glorified and Desert of the True are a little help against flooding, which is always useful.
2 weeks ago
Can't see myself using any of these over the HOU lands like Ifnir Deadlands.
2 weeks ago
yeaGO any word on this?
Ifnir Deadlands is still showing as illegal for Frontier.
2 weeks ago
- Shefet Dunes
- Ifnir Deadlands
- Forsaken Sanctuary instead of Evolving Wilds
- 2x Field of Ruin
- 2x Ixalan's Binding (-2 Vraska's Contempt)
- 2x Cast Out (-2 Walk the Plank)
- 4x Radiant Destiny (-2 Oketra the True, -2 Vona, Butcher of Magan)
- 4x Call to the Feast (-1 Vona, Butcher of Magan, -2 Elenda, the Dusk Rose, -1 Adanto Vanguard)
- 4x Queen's Commission (-2 Adanto Vanguard -2 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle)
- 2x Champion of Dusk (-2 Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- One more Legion Lieutenant (-1 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle)