Creature — Rat
When Ravenous Rats enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Starter 1999 (S99)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Common|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ravenous Rats Discussion
1 month ago
Rat player here. Agree no hub needed. No real support as mentioned. Assuming the benefit of a hub would be to find rat focused decks you can simply search Relentless Rats and Rat Colony for swarm focused rat decks, OR Burglar Rat and Ravenous Rats for discard focused rat decks.
7 months ago
Oh, I missed my first one in the chain:
Creature - Zombie Rat
When Undead Rat enters the battlefield or dies, target player discards a card.
: Return Undead Rat from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only during your upkeep and only if an opponent has no cards in hand.
"Rats understand the pragmatism it takes to survive. And are conniving enough to always succeed" -Liliana Vess
7 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
8 months ago
I think Pack Rat is strictly better than Rat Colony ; I would also take out Defiant Strike for something like Sign in Blood or Sheltering Light . You are very susceptible to board wipes so maybe Dash Hopes to keep opponents honest. I would also consider Throat Slitter , Swarmyard , and Ravenous Rats .
+1, keep it up! Let me know if you want any more insight
8 months ago
It's too bad amass wasn't better. In its current form, it's just bad, but the most disappointing thing is that Widespread Brutality hints at the possibilities: they could have made spells that get better depending on the size of the army you amassed. Imagine how amazing amass could have been:
If Commence the Endgame was reversed: Amass 2, and draw X, where X is the power of the Army you amassed.
They could have made Toll of the Invasion like a Mire's Toll on a Ravenous Rats : 1B Sorcery "Amass 1. Target player reveals a number of cards from their hand equal to the power of the Army you amassed. You choose one of them. That player discards that card."
These are just a few ideas, the point is that if they had made more cards depend on the size of the army, the amassed army could have felt like a source of power, instead of an aftereffect. So that even if the opponent did Pacifism the army, or make a ton of chump blockers, the problem wouldn't be completely solved: you could be getting powerful effects from your spells.
Sadly, amass isn't nearly as good as it could have been.
9 months ago
Draw 1 for 1 mana... like Opt is not super broken.
The card token is just that: a token that acts like a card in your hand. It doesn't do anything. It has no abilities. There's no type or mana cost or anything.
What it 'does' I make you appear to have four 'cards' in your hand instead of three. You can discard it to Ravenous Rats , Merfolk Looter or whatever. It boosts toys like Ivory Tower or Library of Alexandria or something to that effect. If it's the only thing if your library you can draw it and not die. A card token has no intrinsic use, but it can be used by effects that use 'cards' in your hand. That's all.