Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control this turn, create a token that's a copy of that creature.
4 months ago
Changeling Hero (Champion a creature)
Mulldrifter (card draw)
Impassioned Orator (infinite life)
Daxos, Blessed by the Sun (infinite life)
Healer of the Pride (infinite life)
8 months ago
enpc Couldn't agree more, had a lot of those same thoughts myself about how few things can populate AND make a token. The ability needs to be weaker to feel more fair/fun and copying only my creatures is a good start.
The reason I hesitate is because it is a bit of a "steal by making my own copies" deck with clone cards, and making token copies of my clones, or there's a few cards that can make tokens of any creature. (Formoverfunction was right on the money with the Croaking Counterpart reference, also Rite of Replication, Followed Footsteps, and cards like Progenitor Mimic and Theoretical Duplication ) This helps the deck have more randomness/variety/less linear gameplay instead of just playing my own strong pieces and copying them.
Progenitor Mimic was actually the card that originally inspired this whole deck. I am brainstorming ways to make this card a bit more fun and maybe less strong. I like both of your ideas, but I am going to mess around with some other ideas and repost. I want to see if I can keep the populate ability and maybe mess around with Embalm or Encore, maybe life gain when creatures ETB... but keep it bant. Something more fun and maybe less strong- but I wouldn't be surprised to come back to this design though.
8 months ago
You might be interested in these combo pieces: Flickerwisp, Restoration Angel, Felidar Guardian, Spark Double, Sakashima the Impostor, Sakashima of a Thousand Faces, Changeling Titan, Changeling Hero, Mysterious Limousine, Glimmerpoint Stag, Wispweaver Angel.
8 months ago
Alrund's Epiphany Arachnogenesis Awakening Zone Bane of Progress Barkchannel Pathway Flip Beacon of Creation Birds of Paradise Circle of Dreams Druid Crafty Cutpurse Craterhoof Behemoth Cryptolith Rite Deep Forest Hermit Dreamroot Cascade Fabled Passage Fierce Guardianship Garruk, Primal Hunter Idol of Oblivion Junk Winder Koma, Cosmos Serpent Master of Waves Misty Rainforest Mystic Reflection Mystic Sanctuary Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Oko, Thief of Crowns Otawara, Soaring City Priest of Titania Prismatic Vista Reality Shift Reef Worm Replicating Ring Repudiate / Replicate Rite of Replication Sakashima of a Thousand Faces Second Harvest Shamanic Revelation Sublime Epiphany Sylvan Library Theoretical Duplication Timestream Navigator Treasure Vault Tropical Island Waterlogged Grove Worldly Tutor Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
1 year ago
Cards I'd consider to cut:
Cards I'd consider to add:
1 year ago
It's not really fair to suggest a bunch of additions to a deck without suggesting some cuts, so the ones I am seeing so far are:
- Clone Legion This is a huge spell but not necessarily a game ender when for 9 mana it probably should be. If it doesn't end the game, it will create a bookkeeping nightmare of tokens that are copies of a variety of creatures that don't have haste and are permanent. Seems the most straight across replacement would be Insurrection which for 1 mana less steals ALL creatures (not just one player's), gives them haste, and guarantees you have all the power and your opponents have no blockers. You should be able to end most games that way or at least take out a player or two, or just wait a little longer until that is the case.
- Diluvian Primordial A very expensive creature with no cost reduction, no tribal support, no flash or anything to keep it flexible, and it allows you to cast one spell from each opponent's graveyard? Your spells should be better than theirs. you don't need their spells. Certainly not at this cost. My straight across replacement recommendation? Spark Double! If you have your commander out, this seems like the best creature you could possibly cast!
- Double Vision 5 mana is a lot to spend on an enchantment that does nothing on its own, and when it is really good it is kind of a win more card. What this card needs more from an enchantment is more stuff to do early game and more repeatable card draw, so it may be cliche but you could put Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study here and I'm sure they would prove useful to keeping the deck fueled.
- Foil Seems like the worst of your counterspells, and you already have a lot! You want one you can cast for free? Force of Will, Fierce Guardianship, and Deflecting Swat are all likely better but expensive. Mana Drain too. But IMO, you already have plenty of counterspells and could use more stuff to trigger day/night so I recommend Leyline of Anticipation here so you can make it night on your turn easy and keep all your tools available at all time. Not to mention dropping creatures and artifacts and stuff right before your turn to protect them!
- Galecaster Colossus I'm not sure what another 7 mana creature is doing in this spell slinger deck. You wanna tap out for this on turn 8? No. I found a few other Wizard synergies that would probably work better like Sage of Fables or Metallic Mimic, but probably the Wizard that I would hate seeing the most here and is therefor probably correct is Fatespinner. This will also encourage a lot more day/night flipping I imagine when some people have to skip their main phase!
- Homeward Path Are you worried about your commander being stolen? That doesn't seem like a likely occurrence in our meta, and even less likely with all the counterspells and protection equipment you are playing. Instead how about Tyrite Sanctum? You can put a counter on Vadrik at instant speed repeatably for a low price, and when the time comes you can make him Indestructible permanently!
- Stifle I find this effect is often too small to be worth running defensively. You could replace it with a slightly bigger version like Disallow, Trickbind, Interdict, or Squelch. You could also replace this with kind of anything proactive and I have a lot of suggestions that could go here with Commander's Plate probably being the safest and Galazeth Prismari being the wildest! (He allows you to tap your equipment for mana!)
- Theoretical Duplication I just don't think copying your opponent's creatures for the turn (or more likely creature, singular) is that strong. And the bookkeeping again. You know what IS frustratingly strong? Capsize. Oof. I kinda hate myself for recommending it though. Alternatively if you wanna buyback something fun how about Seething Anger, Haze of Rage, or Lunar Frenzy to build up a huge Vadrik turn!
And a few basic lands for some of the nonbasics I recommended. Also we probably have too many Mountains given that 73% of your mana costs are blue. That's a good start I think at tweaking this deck!
1 year ago
Thank you for the suggestions seshiro_of_the_orochi, I appreciate them. Mirror Match has some silly potential as like a one-sided board wipe. I haven't seen that one before, so I'll keep it on my maybe-board.
I do have a copy of Spitting Image , since I did by the Quandrix pre-con, then slotted in everything else I already had in my collection to fill it out. Spitting Image is a bit hefty on the cmc for its effect, when something like Quasiduplicate , Cackling Counterpart , or Theoretical Duplication have similar effects for half the cmc, but different restrictions. I'll keep it in consideration.