Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
Flash (You may play this spell any time you could play an instant.)
Creature cards you own that aren't in play have flash.
Each opponent can play spells only any time he or she could play a sorcery.
|Have (3)||, Forkbeard , jecder|
|Want (2)||23ChickenWings , booradleypwns|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir Discussion
3 days ago
Heyo! Nice deck with a lot of great copying sources and stuff to copy.
Have you thought about adding a Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir to the deck? Obviously your instant spells don't need to be powered up, but it lets you play everything else at instant speed, meaning you can really take opponents by surprise by not revealing your interactions until your strategy is about to go off. Of course, he also keeps opponents from counterspelling any of your stuff or casting unfriendly things.
Altogether, it's hard to pick something to take out for him. Perhaps a counterspell since he is an indirect method of control himself?
6 days ago
1 week ago
- Cyclonic Rift gets used way too much in my play group so I opt to not include it in any of my decks and I don't think its even necessary seeing as I have tools to make it unblockable.
- The point of Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir and my other flash cards are to ensure I can get a free morph out on each of my opponents turns using Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer, so I want to ensure that the flash is recurrable. Considering that, Emergence Zone is not something I would want. I don't have any big one-turn flash plays that can win me the game so it wouldn't be good for that either
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress is one of my infinite combo pieces so I absolutely am not getting rid of it
- This is also a control combo deck so I'm not interested in using Forsaken Monument and Beastmaster Ascension to make my morph creatures big. Swinging with a lot of big creatures isn't my goal and I don't want it to become that
- I don't think I need signets, I prefer mana fixing through lands rather than artifacts and I'm not in a rush to get my commander out on t2 (it's not the level the deck is intended to be playing at).
- I intend to replace Temple of Mystery with Rejuvenating Springs at some points
- Ancient Tomb is currently $40 and I don't want to spend that much on one single land
Thanks for the recommendations though! All the other ones you gave were pretty good, I'll consider adding them for sure
RinceRaven on Brago
3 weeks ago
Made some changes to the draft. It needs a couple more cuts and maybe even more changes but I thought I'd leave it here for now.
Augury Owl, Aether Tunnel, Aqueous Form, Vapor Snag, Whirler Rogue, Prison Realm, Hedron Archive, Archaeomancer, Drannith Magistrate, Kor Cartographer, Mnemonic Wall, Unwind, Momentary Blink, Ghostly Prison, Disdainful Stroke,
note: some of these are good cards and maybe should be put back in. I tried to focus on the combo and decided to cut some more basic synergy pieces that might deserve their places back.
3 months ago
3 months ago
I’ve had a lot of experience playing Kadena, and I personally think a combo win works better with Kadena’s draw engine and ability to control the board. You can see what I’ve done with my deck here:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 160 | 23 COMMENTS | 6521 VIEWS | IN 34 FOLDERS
That being said, regardless of the route you take to win, I can’t stress enough how good flash is in this deck. The more consistently we can flash in morphs, the more we’ll be drawing. However you also don’t want too many instances of that effect or one could be a dead draw if you’ve already got the effect in play. This is why I run cards that do slightly different things as well as provide flash.
The ones I run are Leyline of Anticipation and Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir as well as flash effects on lands in the form of Alchemist's Refuge and Winding Canyons. Having a repeat effect on lands is fine since you still get mana out of them otherwise. I run Leyline for the possibility of dropping it at the beginning of the game and because it gives everything flash, not just creatures. Teferi only gives creatures flash, but he himself has flash, can be easily tutored for, and stops opponents from playing at instant speed which gives us an edge.
You might also try Vivien, Champion of the Wilds who provides some other utility that might fit well in your combat based build.
4 months ago
Nice list. If we’re running Isochron Scepter and Blue Sun's Zenith, then we might as well run Dramatic Reversal. We can draw our opponents out, or we can draw ourself out and run Thassa's Oracle. We would then benefit from more two-producing mana rocks such as Worn Powerstone. We can protect our counters and combos by running Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir. We could also run Knowledge Pool to be a real jerk. Also, consider Stormtide Leviathan, as he supports your strategy of beating face with drakes. We should be running 31 snow-covered islands, as running only one won’t get us the benefit with Extraplanar Lens. Good work.
5 months ago
Ah, so you see, the Great Mending was wrought upon the multiverse, essentially realigning and debuffed the power bestowed upon Planeswalkers. No longer are they perpetual, no longer are they unmatched in power, and they cannot bring others with them through the multiverse.
Eftsoons the war against Yawgmoth, multiple rifts were bestrewed about the plane of Dominaria (yclept the Time Spiral Crisis), thusly needing to be sealed by Planeswalkers. Thence they ceded their sparks. Freyalise did so, as with Lord Windgrace, along withal a few others, but this rectified the marred lands. Once Jeska shut the very last one, the mana began flowing freely through the plane, and the multiverse, once more, arighting the power planeswalkers held.
Planeswalkers now still age, but some have reasons. Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir cannot due to being in the gyves of a time rift for several decades. As in the aforesaid, Liliana due to a stygian contract.
That's all I have.