|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Rogue
When Obsessive Skinner enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
Delirium — At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if there are four or more cards types among card in your graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
Obsessive Skinner Discussion
1 day ago
Thimbrethil yes I've had problems with Obsessive Skinner going off due to me only having 5 types (6 including my commander). Right now he is most useful after a board wipe/disenchant/land destruction.
1 week ago
I've really liked Dragon Shadow in my list so far, since it comes back for free if I mill it and gives Hogaak pretty decent evasion (depends how many black creatures you see in your meta).
Obsessive Skinner is sweet. I need to get one for my list.
4 months ago
Some updates to try to help balance the deck/keep it under $100, and to free up a couple cards for other decks.
5 months ago
Since you have the shocklands, wouldn't Wood Elves work better than Quirion Trailblazer? Its cheaper, you could fetch Breeding Pool and Stomping Ground as well as have the land come in untapped [to be fair, even without shocks, they're better].
Obsessive Skinner could help ramp up the counters on Animar and Elgaud Shieldmate is some creature based hexproof for him [her, it?]. Fauna Shaman to search up the right creature at the right time and Eternal Witness for some important recycling.
This is the kind of toolbox-y deck that I enjoy making/playing so I might have to go find a copy of Animar and build myself a Temur deck.
5 months ago
xaarvaxus Thanks for the feedback! I know what I'm asking for is a bit restricting, but like you said, it's a fun way to see what I can do just using what I have.
Finally, I removed Hunter's Prowess because bumping my whole team is a lot better than just bumping Shanna.
5 months ago
Call of the Conclave only makes one token and you don't have a ton of populate effects to crank out 3/3's so I think you'd be better off using something in your maybeboard that makes multiple tokens, ie: Hive Stirrings. I know I'd try to find space for Obsessive Skinner as you shouldn't have a problem getting delirium and getting some tokens above the 1/1 or 2/2 range would be nice. You have a pretty cheap CMC deck so you could probably cut Star Compass. Rootborn Defenses seems to fit in well as a defensive card that incidentally makes a token. Maybe cut one of the auras or giant growth style cards.
Overwhelming Stampede seems like it should be an auto-include here, probably in place of one of the giant growth type cards.
Its kind of constraining to only have the maybeboard to work from as most of the suggestions I'd normally make aren't on there [such as March of the Multitudes, etc] but it is an interesting exercise on how creative you can be from a limited cardpool.
6 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking if any recent cards are worth an upgrade in any of your decks. Out of all your decks this one in my opinion has the most potential for upgrades. Even just with cards that are already in Magic, not ones that were in recent sets. You seem serious about upgrading this deck therefore most of my suggestions won't be budget cards.
Cards in recent sets to consider:
Cards that can be potential upgrades for cards here:
- Diabolic Intent or Vampiric Tutor > Diabolic Tutor
- Maelstrom Pulse > Hero's Downfall or Putrefy
- Trophy > Abrupt Decay or Putrefy
- Reanimate or Animate Dead > Vigor Mortis
- Sylvan Library > Ordeal of Nylea
- Berserk > Soul's Might
- Scavenging Ooze > Obsessive Skinner
- Night's Whisper > Harmonize
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir > Vastwood Hydra
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade > Fungal Behemoth
- Pir > Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Unspeakable Symbol > Death's Presence
- Umezawa's Jitte > Blessings of Nature
- Forum > Evolving Wilds
- Greater Good > Curse of Predation
Good luck with your deck.
8 months ago
To start off: Hardened Scales, Bear Umbra and Ordeal of Nylea. You do allot with just one counter, make use of it! And bear umbra or ordeal of nylea not only means counters but also a free extra Jenara abilities each turn.
Then we have allot of +1/+1 synergy in this deck, but allot of them are single use or difficult to get.
- Ninth Bridge Patrol is by no means terrible, but we don't have token generators let alone sacrifice outlets, so what about Cathars' Crusade? We want to grow, not compensate when we shrink!
- Hunt the Weak, forget the counter and go for Nature's Way. Same concept but cheaper and more diverse.
- Obsessive Skinner is decent, but you could also take Forgotten Ancient
- Ajani, Caller of the Pride would be a direct upgrade to Ajani, Valiant Protector in my opinion. And while you have some flavor for the valiant protector that we will now lose, that's ok;
Because what about Collective Effort for multiple purposes. Orzhov Advokist to play it politically. Hadana's Climb, Dragonscale General, Master Biomancer, Tuskguard CaptainVerdurous Gearhulk, Increasing Savagery and ow Kalonian Hydra!
No data for this card yet.