|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Throne of Geth
Tap, Sacrifice an artifact: Proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Throne of Geth Discussion
1 week ago
Throne of Geth and some of the other noncreature spells could come out eventually. Animar wants creatures >:)
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Individual Card Comments:
- Wayfarer's Bauble - Too Slow. Each time you recur it, it still costs 2.
- Contagion Engine How many cards can be affected by proliferate? If low, I'm not sure it is worth it.
- Spine of Ish Sah - Technically it goes to the yard, then the return to hand trigger goes on the stack. Find a way to bring it back to the battlefield before the bounce trigger resolves. Sculpting Steel copying Spine will cause Steel to come back to hand when sacrificed. Very useful.
- Impact Resonance - Really specific damage. I think it removes things after you need them to be removed.
- Unstable Obelisk - Even if you bring it back, it still costs 7 mana to remove something.
- Word of Seizing - Mindslaver is a good card because it is recurrable in your deck. This isn't. There are other gain control cards that are more useful. This and mindslaver both require you to play someone else's deck, which is a gamble whether it is worth it.
- Conjurer's Closet - How many ETB creatures do you have? Is this worth it?
- Alhammarret's Archive, Reliquary Tower, and Thought Vessel - I don't think you have enough draw to really abuse any of these. For the Archive, do you have any lifegain sources?
- Darksteel Colossus - This will never hit the graveyard, so you will always be hard casting it. Not sure if that works with your gameplan. The shuffle effect is a replacement effect, not a trigger so it doesn't use the stack.
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon - Meh, only works well with high CMC artifacts, and most of the time you'll be killing your own stuff.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster - What are you going to tutor for this that will win you the game?
- Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient - Good card, but copying what activated ability will win you the game?
- Scrap Mastery - This card is gold, and is a definite win condition in your deck. Make sure you have a way to preemptively sacrifice all of your creatures/discard your hand/mill yourself for most of your deck before resolving this.
- Unwinding Clock - Good card in this deck, but how many artifacts with tap abilities can you exploit using it?
- Karn, Silver Golem - I would only keep this for any combos associated with it. In a vacuum, he's just a good blocker.
- Skyshaper - Is create for the alpha strike single shot, I've got several big ass creatures or a shitload of tiny ones, but other than to give Blightsteel Colossus evasion, is this card super impactful?
- Phyrexia's Core, and Throne of Geth - I wouldn't consider either of these sacrifice outlets, because they are single use per rotation, and the Core costs mana. If you want sacrifice outlets I'd shoot for Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, and things that say "Sacrifice a creature:."
- Dormant Volcano - From seeing it in use, seems like you only want to see it really early on.
- Carnage Altar - I know you're in red and draw is at a premium, but 3 mana for a card is not the best.
- Too much Ramp
- Not enough Draw and Removal
- Does the deck work without Daretti? If no, find a way to protect him, or other artifact recursion sources.
- You WinCon category doesn't really have many cards that win you the game, just really impactful cards. Look for combos, or Insurrection like cards, or the dreaded MLD type effects. Basically cards that, if it resolves, win you the game.
- You have a lot of categories with one or two cards in it. I'd clean those up into more general things to get a more clear idea for what you're trying to do.
- You should probably be running more utility lands.
- Think about adding some sacrifice outlets. If this is a recursion/reanimation deck, you need to be able to kill shit when you want to.
- Red is really good at making temporary tokens, specifically artifact tokens, of things. Might be worth looking into.
- I try not to include lands in categories because they aren't abusable enough to be consistent. It gives you false category numbers. If you have 10 draw cards, but 3 are lands, you really don't have enough draw. But that's just my opinion.
- I'd try to find more "to the battlefield" recursion cards, instead of to your hand. Recasting those cards every turn causes mana problems. The "to hand" effects are still good though, just slower.
- Isochron Scepter would be good with some of the spells you have like Scrap Mastery, and Trash for Treasure.
- Tuktuk the Explorer and Feldon of the Third Path go well together, but the fact that the artifact is legendary sucks.
- Turning nonartifact cards into artifacts using effects like Liquimetal Coating is an interesting direction to look into, and there are a few cards that do similar things. Probably several useful combos to do with that. Especially if you ever get the Daretti emblem.
- Do you ever plan on getting a Daretti Emblem? Obviously you would like it, but to you, is it worth dedicating some card slots into cheating out loyalty counters to get him to 10? The problem is that he will very rarely get to 10 through use of his +2 alone. And even with Contagion Engine, people will attack him before he's at 8. Just something to think about. If you get the emblem, you've very likely won the game, so that can definitely be a win condition to pursue.
- "Control" is too ambiguous. Chaos Warp, and Steel Hellkite are removal, and Liquimetal Coating is protection(?).
- Red's draw is usually the looting (draw a card, then discard a card) and pillaging (discard a card, then draw a card) effects. These also aren't great, but using artifact recursion, cards like Mind Stone become very good draw effects if you can recur them every turn/rotation. Other abusable draws are Tamiyo's Journal, and Seer's Sundial. It might suck to give other people cards, but Howling Mine may also be worth it.
- It seems counter-intuitive, but Vandalblast might be useful, especially with Scrap Mastery.
- Are there more cards that let you cheat out artifacts from your hand like Copper Gnomes, if so that sounds like an interesting direction as well. Sneak Attack comes to mind, but
- Pentavus + Blade of the Bloodchief + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite mana.
- Nim Deathmantle + Myr Battlesphere/Pentavus + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite tokens
- Combos dont have to be infinite. If you can find a way to kill and recur Scuttling Doom Engine every turn/rotation, Id consider that a combo. Anything that puts a decent clock on everyone to answer your shit is a combo to me.
1 month ago
Scrap Trawler and/or Skeleton Shard for graveyard retrieval. Buried Ruin is a land that does the same thing, but one-time use (still might be worth it). Swap something like Submerged Boneyard for Command Tower. Rhystic Study is a great card draw especially in multiplayer.
Also, I know some people hate this card but Mycosynth Lattice could work nicely here.
1 month ago
2 months ago
First of all, good synergy but Skullclamp is NOT legal in modern! It's banned for a reason, but it's legal in Vintage and Commander. Now, to my suggestions. A Core Prowler uses infect, not wither, but the proliferate ability when it dies is very powerful. Grim Affliction is an excellent proliferate card, that would allow this deck to double the amount of -1/-1 counters on all other creatures. Spread the Sickness is another recommendation because it does removal and helps spread -1/-1 counters on the battlefield. Plaguemaw Beast can be very strong if used properly. Contagion Engine is a good proliferate card, except it does cost 6 mana and is more practical as a later game card. But, if you use it correctly with Sudden Spoiling by making them all 0/2's, so play Sudden Spoiling and then Contagion Engine, putting 3 -1/-1 counters on the 0/2's (spoiler alert: they die) and you've board wiped their creatures. Side note: Throne of Geth does not have a great number of artifacts in this deck to sacrifice but it can sacrifice itself, so it's basically a :,Proliferate. This ability can only be activated once (obviously, since you have to sacrifice it) but its not a bad card to add at least one. Maybe remove the Boggart Ram-Gang because it's unlikely you'll get it on turn 3, and by then the haste will be useless?
3 months ago
3 months ago
Triggered abilities go on the stack right before the next time a player would receive priority after they trigger. Hangarback Walker is sacrificed during the activation of Throne of Geth's ability, so the next time a player would receive priority is going to be after the activation, when the proliferate ability is on the stack.
TL;DR: The way you want it to work is the way it works.