Creature — Human Warrior
Whenever this attacks, create a token that's tapped and attacking that is a copy of another target attacking creature. Exile the token at end of combat.
Dash (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, this gains haste, and is returned from the battlefield to this creature's owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.)
|Have (4)||metalmagic , DudeMan1031 , CatLord9001 , flightningf|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Flamerush Rider Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Sorry, some last minute thoughts:
4 weeks ago
Crystal Shard actually can't be used with this commander because it has a blue mana symbol on it. Though if you have a consistent playgroup they may allow it. Just talk with them about it. I use some of the following for ETB engines in my Kardur deck.
3 months ago
I got Piru, the Volatile but im not sure were everyone is getting the two random cards so i used
ill have to think about this one
3 months ago
I've been finding that with the use of Hoarding Ogre, the goblin created by Fable of the Mirror-Breaker Flip, Sword of the Animist, Aerial Surveyor, and Shiny Impetus (used to buff a creature that I want to continuously attack with anyways in order to fix mana or defensively), along with one of the copy generators such as the Delina, Wild Mage. Flamerush Rider, or Reflection of Kiki-Jiki Flip that I have an embarrassment of treasure tokens by turn 4 or 5. It seems like I can get away with drawing into one or two big guys in order to really solidify a lead. I'm also just into big bombs a not so guilty pleasure!
That being said I forgot to mention Fireflux Squad. As far as I can tell we can actually sac the tokens generated by Captain's Claws, Myriad copies from Warchief Giant (not in your deck last I checked but in your maybeboard) and Herald of the Host, Goblins created by Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin, Flamerush Rider and Delina to dig through our decks to throw out a non-token creature that won't exile or die at the end of combat. I'm going to test this card out. I think it may be something of a sleeper. Unless I completely misunderstand its effects it'll be like a second, less strict Winota, Joiner of Forces cheating out some of those bombs.
3 months ago
Hey, m4rs, I'm back with some spicy tech for your deck, this time regarding the big tokens themselves:
My suggestion, whenever possible, is to run creatures over other spell types for the same effect: they synergize better with your deck, despite being more vulnerable to boardwipes. (It makes you more explosive, which is better the higher you go on power level).
Have you considered Quartzwood Crasher? It is already a trampling beater that gives you even bigger trampling beaters.
Overwhelming Stampede is great when you have a 5+ power creature on the board. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to the tokens created thereafter.
Delina, Wild Mage can copy your legendary creatures as non-legendary, just for Ghired to copy them even further. (Throw in Parallel Lives in the mix and we're salivating already.) Maybe you're lucky enough and roll 15+ three times in a row?
Harmonic Prodigy and Wulfgar of Icewind Dale double your Ghired triggers. The former can be cloned for extra spice and the latter also works with Etali, Primal Storm, Aurelia, the Warleader and Combat Celebrant. (Too bad Isshin, Two Heavens as One is black :-/)
If you're relying a lot on "when-something-enters-the-battlefield" effects, Panharmonicon might be a good friend to you.
In that matter, Hofri Ghostforge gives all your creatures a second life should your opponents dare removing them. (I played against him, and it is ANNOYING to have to kill things twice to get rid of them.) The bright side is that the exiled cards come back to the graveyard after they LEAVE the battlefield for any reason, so you can recur them.
Iroas, God of Victory gives evasion to your creatures while protecting them from blockers.
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil should maybe return to the deck if you're afraid of being attacked when going all-in, since you removed Intangible Virtue. It also has the neat bonus of your opponents having to answer before you declare who you're attacking. (I know it doesn't scream "token" off its textbox, but it is a repeatable Disrupt Decorum effect which clears the board for your next attack).
I believe Selesnya Eulogist might be swapped out for Scavenging Ooze or the recently spoiled Lion Sash. Despite not populating, they exile any card and are cheaper mana-wise. The Sash can also be equipped to a creature to buff a creature and avoid creature wipes.
Since you run the Moxen, Gemstone Caverns fills the same role of exchanging cards for tempo, while being a land. (You can always choose to not go first if you win the dice roll.)
Now, as always, I want to suggest some removals:
I love Mimic Vat in battlecruiser games, but it doesn't pull the same weight on quick games. (It hurts to write it, but my beloved Soul Foundry might also only belong to Christmasland, since, if you don't have the mana to cast AND copy the creature right away, your opponents might see the danger incoming and remove the artifact before you get any value off it.)
Tendershoot Dryad might not belong here, since Ghired cares about quality, not exactly quantity of the tokens.
Esika's Chariot. I understand it already comes with its tokens for crewing, but getting a token copy of TOKEN creatures AFTER combat is too narrow for my taste (and you don't have noncreature tokens). Again, Rionya and Delina are better suited for this job.
Sword of Hearth and Home is good protection stapled to decent blink and ramp effects, but the ramp comes too late for Ghired to care, the blink is unreliable and the protection can be better executed by Shalai, Voice of Plenty, Saryth, the Viper's Fang (trample + deathtouch is nasty), Privileged Position or Asceticism.
What are your experiences with Warstorm Surge? I usually leave it out of my deck if I have access to Terror of the Peaks, since 6 mana is a lot in my games and the Terror is tutorable by cards you already run.
4 months ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)