|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Alara Reborn (ARB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Sphinx
When Enigma Sphinx is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, put it into your library third from the top.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||mcstang1986 , DHermos , ZombieFood , pskinn01 , DrPopular , theilluminaire , Riders_of_Brohan , mziter501 , zn.tportlock , rockleemyhero , TheRealPeaches|
Enigma Sphinx Discussion
2 hours ago
First pass at cuts.
Ankle Shanker, Baleful Strix, Bloodbraid Elf, Cromat, Daxos of Meletis, Dimir Doppelganger, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Enigma Sphinx, Etherium-Horn Sorcerer, Giltspire Avenger, Harmonic Sliver, Jenara, Asura of War, Juniper Order Ranger, Knight of New Alara, Kresh the Bloodbraided, Lightning Angel, Madrush Cyclops, Magister Sphinx, Mantis Rider, Master Biomancer, Mystic Snake, O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami, Oloro, Ageless Ascetic, Pharika's Mender, Progenitor Mimic, Progenitus, Qasali Pridemage, Rubinia Soulsinger, Ruhan of the Fomori, Samut, Voice of Dissent, Shadowmage Infiltrator, Sharuum the Hegemon, Solemn Simulacrum, Stoic Angel, Surrak Dragonclaw, The Mimeoplasm, Thraximundar, Transguild Courier, Vulturous Zombie, Wall of Denial, Wasitora, Nekoru Queen, Witch-Maw Nephilim
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, Bant Charm, Behemoth Sledge, Catch / Release, Citanul Flute, Counterflux, Crackling Doom, Crime/Punishment, Crosis's Charm, Cruel Ultimatum, Darksteel Ingot, Dreadbore, Dromar's Charm, Erratic Portal, Esper Charm, Expedition Map, Fellwar Stone, Fist of Suns, Flying Crane Technique, Fractured Identity, Ghirapur Orrery, Golgari Charm, Helm of Awakening, Hindering Light, Hunting Grounds, Mortify, Obzedat's Aid, Panharmonicon, Plasm Capture, Prophetic Bolt, Psychic Strike, Rakdos Charm, Render Silent, Signal the Clans, Spinal Embrace, Terminate, Unscythe, Killer of Kings, Utter End, Voidslime
This leaves you with 114 cards. Though I didn't really consider curve when I made these cuts so I don't know what will happen to that. Regardless, this would be my first pass at cuts.
6 days ago
So, I'm making a buy/trade list for an Esper Sphinx artifact deck. This list isn't including cards I already have, I'll add that as I go or as people suggest the cards I do have.
Basically, what I'm looking for is suggestions of cards to add or remove from this list.
ComSharuum the Hegemon f7.58
Creatures Sphinx of the Steel Wind 1.43 Jelenn Sphinx 0.20 Magister Sphinx 3.15Medomai the Ageless 0.90 Enigma Sphinx 0.57 Sharding Sphinx 0.46 Isperia the Inscrutable 0.48 Sphinx Summoner 1.29Isperia, Supreme Judge 0.73Sphinx of the Final Word 2.20Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign 0.73 Sphinx of Lost Truths 0.39 Vexing Sphinx - 0.50Consecrated Sphinx 26.60Glyph Keeper 0.32 Prognostic Sphinx 0.31 Argent Sphinx 0.29 Cerulean Sphinx 0.34 Conundrum Sphinx 0.32Belltower Sphinx 0.19 Petra Sphinx 2.31Windreader Sphinx 0.77Adaptive Automaton 6.51Athreos, God of Passage 11.37Thassa, God of the Sea 6.92 Brass Herald 0.26Heliod, God of the Sun 3.91Thassa, God of the Sea 6.89Erebos, God of the Dead 7.60 Order of the Sacred Torch 0.37
Artifacts Chromatic Lantern 11.99 Expedition Map 2.88Sword of Fire and Ice 46.99Sword of Feast and Famine 25.74 Sword of Light and Shadow 25.43Sword of War and Peace 15.18 Sword of Body and Mind 11.39Thought Vessel 4.20Thran Dynamo 9.02Venser's Journal 3.80Lightning Greaves 3.23Belbe's Portal 8.00 Orzhov Signet 0.25Azorius Signet 1.16Dimir Signet 1.16Panharmonicon 2.70Whip of Erebos 1.89Coat of Arms 7.55Door of Destinies 5.75Urza's Incubator 18.51Darksteel Forge 7.99Instants Withering Boon 0.92Swan Song 1.68 Illumination 0.20Sphinx's Revelation 3.59 Punish Ignorance 0.32 Cyclonic Rift 5.69 Cryptic Command 31.91Counterspell 1.10Fact or Fiction 0.53Enlightened Tutor 10.46
4 months ago
This is the best I can think of
6 months ago
7 months ago
8 months ago
9 months ago
Solid replacement. I already had the canonist, so I've recently taken Memnarch out for Sphinx Summoner Getting a flier is neat but tutoring any artifact is just value.
10 months ago
You asked for my advice on your deck. Here's a list of cards that I think you can cut (in no order):
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse: Your manabase is good enough that you don't need them. 38x lands is a lot.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator: Other than the art I'm not a fan of this card. Her ability is too mana expensive and your deck doesn't care about getting back enchantments.
- Sydri, Galvanic Genius: The art is great, but Sydri is too low impact, you're not using enough high casting cost noncreature artifacts for her ability to matter.
- Faerie Artisans: I haven't playtested with this card yet, but it doesn't seem worth a spot. It requires that your opponent(s) do something, play a creature, to get any value out of it.
- Enigma Sphinx: Sphinx is a fine card, but if you're looking for cuts this can be one of them.
- Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer: Slobad's ability is fine, but I don't think it's needed. I would rather be sacrificing artifacts to use Breya's abilities than to use Slobad. He can save artifacts by sacing them from being exiled which is a plus, but so can Breya.
- Mind Stone: Doesn't do enough would be better as Mana Vault, Fellwar Stone or a Signet that can make blue mana.
- Open the Vaults: I don't like that Open can bring back my opponent(s) enchantments I would choose not to use this card for this reason.
- Venser, the Sojourner: Other than Breya he doesn't have enough targets to blink and his ability to make creatures unblockable is not really needed because you aren't going to be doing much attacking.
- Training Grounds: You're only using four creatures that gain anything from Grounds. Even though it's good with Breya this is not enough to warrant using the card.
Here are some suggestions of cards to add with $20 as the highest price card:
- Arcum Dagsson: Sac Breya or a Thopter to get any noncreature artifact. Dagsson is excellent when your trying to assemble combos with artifacts.
- Master Transmuter: Hey look it's Breya. Master is really great with tutors which put artifacts into your hand. Being able to cheat high casting cost artifacts such as Darksteel Forge or artifact combo pieces into play.
- Mycosynth Lattice: Does everything you want to be doing with Breya.
- Memnarch: Make your opponent(s) permanents artifacts, steal them and use them with Breya. Combos with Lattice.
- Noxious Gearhulk: Unconditional creature removal on an artifact creature is good.
- Ethersworn Canonist: Canonist can completely shut down some decks while not affecting you much at all.
- Spine of Ish Sah: Spine is one of my favorite cards to use with Breya because it's unconditional removal of permanents; it's a very powerful artifact to sac to use her abilities. Unless it's exiled it can really wreck your opponent(s).
- The five artifact lands: Try to fit into your manabase the artifact lands they're too good with Breya to not use. Consider cutting a basic land of each color and Temple of the False God or Reliquary Tower for Darksteel Citadel.
- Trinket Mage: Great creature with artifacts can even get artifact lands if you need a land. You're playing Capsules, Mage can get them which is nice.