|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental Horse
Hexproof (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Vine Mare can't be blocked by black creatures.
Vine Mare Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
I guess I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to do with the deck. Are you trying to play Standard Bogles with Vine Mare / Carnage Tyrant and Blanchwood Armor ? Or are you trying to play a lands deck focused around Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar ? It seems more like your deck is closer to the first one, so I would remove the Ghastbark Twins for another copy of Growth-Chamber Guardian , and then I would make room by removing the Multani and something else to make room for a couple forests as well as maybe a few copies of Jadelight Ranger . I do feel like 22 lands is too few since the only ramp you really have in this deck is Llanowar, 24-25 would probably be a better number to make sure you're curving out with your strong creatures, as well as powering up Armor.
3 months ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
3 months ago
EDIT: Any particular reason to run Growth-Chamber Guardian over something that's just harder to kill, like Nightveil Predator , Vine Mare , Carnage Tyrant , Chromium, the Mutable , Zetalpa, Primal Dawn , or a big planeswalker? GCG can "get got" if your opponent kills it in response to the Adapt activation. Not only that, but I'm also a little concerned about trying to go the distance mostly with just a few unprotected 4/4s, even with card advantage.
3 months ago
Any particular reason to run Growth-Chamber Guardian over something that's just harder to kill, like Vine Mare , Carnage Tyrant , Chromium, the Mutable , Zetalpa, Primal Dawn , or a big planeswalker? GCG can "get got" if your opponent kills it in response to the Adapt activation. Not only that, but I'm a little concerned about trying to go the distance mostly with just a few 4/4s.
3 months ago
Your Primal Green Stompy deck is missing Ghalta, Primal Hunger . Aspect of Hydra could work better than Giant Growth, especially in a mono-green deck. Other creatures you may want to consider are Steel Leaf Champion and Vine Mare . Both boost your devotion while giving you a beefy beat stick to bash their brains with.
4 months ago
If you're focused on BO1, you're going to continue to see aggressive decks. I'd cut Vine Mare and Rabid Bite for Wildgrowth Walker and Jadelight Ranger - the aggro killers. Plus, additional explore means more opportunities to get real value from Growth Spiral for ramp.
Vine Mare occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%