Creature — Elemental Horse
Hexproof (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Vine Mare can't be blocked by black creatures.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vine Mare occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Vine Mare Discussion
2 months ago
The Gitrog Monster could work well as the Ofiri prince in the sewers of Oxenfurt from the HoS DLC.
Necrophages are pretty easy to find in Black. I'm thinking of the new art on Carrion Feeder would work well, so would Phyrexian Ghoul. Wraiths of all kind are also pretty easy to find. Frozen Shade from 5th Edition, Chilling Shade, Liliana's Shade and Nightwing Shade all seem like good options.
Higher Vampires are also pretty easy, you can take your pick from tons of options. Maybe you could put in some legendary vampires that could represent Detlaff and Regis? Maybe Baron Sengir and Crovax the Cursed? Shauku, Endbringer looks like an Alp or Bruxa.
You need a horse and a boat! Sleek Schooner looks about right. There are a surprising amount of horses in Black and Green, the best of which are Nightmare, Timbermare and Vine Mare. Roach looks a bit more like Dusk Charger (minus the red eyes).
The Wild Hunt and the White Frost could be represented by a Snow subtheme. A handful of snow basics, Boreal Druid and Rimebound Dead could be a decent start, along with a few more things like Dead of Winter.
I'll give this some more thought later. Hopefully this gave you some ideas you like!
1 year ago
I'd recommend working in Chandra, Acolyte of Flame , she plays very well with Overgrowth Elemental and Risen Reef . I think she plays better for the deck than Vine Mare , if the mana base can't support both of them. Other than that, Elementals looks like a really sweet tribe!
1 year ago
Could try adding in a Vine Mare or 2,3, or 4 it is a little costly mana-wise, but with the rise of more Black decks, and also have Hexproof, it would be a solid addition I think.
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
I guess I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to do with the deck. Are you trying to play Standard Bogles with Vine Mare / Carnage Tyrant and Blanchwood Armor ? Or are you trying to play a lands deck focused around Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar ? It seems more like your deck is closer to the first one, so I would remove the Ghastbark Twins for another copy of Growth-Chamber Guardian , and then I would make room by removing the Multani and something else to make room for a couple forests as well as maybe a few copies of Jadelight Ranger . I do feel like 22 lands is too few since the only ramp you really have in this deck is Llanowar, 24-25 would probably be a better number to make sure you're curving out with your strong creatures, as well as powering up Armor.
1 year ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
1 year ago
EDIT: Any particular reason to run Growth-Chamber Guardian over something that's just harder to kill, like Nightveil Predator , Vine Mare , Carnage Tyrant , Chromium, the Mutable , Zetalpa, Primal Dawn , or a big planeswalker? GCG can "get got" if your opponent kills it in response to the Adapt activation. Not only that, but I'm also a little concerned about trying to go the distance mostly with just a few unprotected 4/4s, even with card advantage.