Chandra, Flame's Fury
Legendary Planeswalker — Chandra
+1: Chandra, Flame's Fury deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
-2: Chandra, Flame's Fury deals 4 damage to target creature and 2 damage to that creature's controller.
-8: Chandra, Flame's Fury deals 10 damage to target player and each creature that player controls.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Chandra, Flame's Fury Discussion
2 days ago
I was looking over this and I like the concept. I would add some conditional burn to the sideboard, such as Carnival / Carnage for those times when a planewalker is present and Collision / Colossus for when flying hit the board. I also liked adding some bigger burns and run a pair of Chandra, Flame's Fury, Electrostatic Field to make the sorcery/instants hit harder, and Electrodominance for some burn plus a freebie.
5 months ago
6 months ago
This is a pretty good start!
The biggest thing to fix here is how many different cards you have and how often they are included in the deck. Your deck should be focused on how to win, and possible counters to other deck styles, like burn spells, and removal.
Let's start with creatures: Get rid of Fearless Halberdier , Fire Elemental , Goblin Assailant , and Hellkite Whelp . Those cards, especially the first three, can be replaced with others that cost the same and do more, such as Goblin Chainwhirler , Charging Monstrosaur , Marauding Raptor , and Verix Bladewing respectively. Try to focus on how you want to win, and what creatures will get you there, if they don't, throw them out. Use full playsets (4 of a card) as much as possible. It seems like you're going for a quick kill haste kinda vibe, which is good, but make sure then that your creatures all have haste, or can be good answers to threats.
Spells: You can't have a deck called Chandra's Fury without using a lot of burn spells. Glad to see you're running 4 Shock s. If you include 4 Verix Bladewing s, you should also have 4 Spit Flame . 4 counts of Banefire should also be included. Additionally, add one or two more Chandra's Flame Wave (to get Chandra more often) and remove Sure Strike and Engulfing Eruption . Replace Act of Treason with Hijack , because it allows you to gain control of an artifact or a creature for the same cost.
Throw in an extra Chandra, Flame's Fury and only use 20 mountains.
Try to keep your deck to 60 cards, that way you get the best cards most often, and your deck isn't drowned out by useless cards. Glad to help, let me know if you have any more questions!
7 months ago
Could be really cool, if the Chandra deck became a thing. There are a few changes I'd make here though:
- Take out Chandra's Embercat . It's very low impact and I imagine it rarely does anything other than turning on the opponent's removal, chump block and occasionally survive to get out a Chandra, Awakened Inferno on turn 5.
- Take out Light Up the Stage . In a deck with a lot of expensive cards on top of almost nothing to make it cost 1 early on, makes it a liability more than a reliable card draw engine. If you feel like you need more ramp and card advantage, you could consider something like Treasure Map Flip. It ramps, fixes early draws and draws a lot of cards later on. I'd probably go up to 4x Chandra, Fire Artisan though, she's great. Same with Tormenting Voice - without synergy it's basically just a 2-mana draw 1.
- Take out Chandra, Flame's Fury . She's too expensive for what she does. PW deck planeswalkers just aren't quite there for constructed play. Sarkhan the Masterless on the other hand looks amazing here, I'd go up on those instead.
- You're going to want Shock against aggro decks, maybe even Lava Coil . Also Chandra's Triumph seems a bit better than Lightning Strike , since it can often take out Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and other bigger stuff alike.
- I saw someone playing Mobilized District for additional win conditions. Could be a nice way to add creatures, without having to take anything out.
Good luck with the brew :)