Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Soldier
Legendary Humans you control have indestructible.
: Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was a creature card, create a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token.
1 week ago
4 months ago
If you want to add a third color, offers the most options, but most of them are underwhelming. and have some interesting cards, but nothing that is an obvious shoo-in for Soldier tribal. is better at ramp, and is generally better at drawing and tutoring. Ultimately, I think this one comes down to taste. Dauntless Escort, General's Enforcer, and Lavinia, Azorius Renegade are all worth taking a look at.
As far as the commander goes, Saskia the Unyielding gets two extra colors, Jirina Kudro helps Humans as well, and you're either going to have to go specialty Guile, Sonic Soldier or Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis if you want with all creatures being Soldiers.
How competitive do you want it? Who are you going to be playing with? I hate to say it, but $300 won't buy some individual cards for an optimized competitive EDH deck. Don't let that stop you, though; as long as you have fun and enjoy what you've created, it's a success, and $300 can get some good stuff.
6 months ago
7 months ago
Here are some cards to consider dear brother:
- Bard Class
- Urza's Ruinous Blast
- Primevals' Glorious Rebirth
- Arvad the Cursed
- Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
- Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage
- Kamahl's Druidic Vow
- Anafenza, the Foremost
- Day of Destiny
- Kenrith, the Returned King
- General's Enforcer
- Baird, Steward of Argive
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade
- Literally any form of removal, you've got next to none
- Better artifact ramp
- Better lands (artifact lands are bad choices here)
- More ramp spells (i.e Cultivate, Farseek)
Remember, really look at what you're throwing in. Half of these cards have no function, and don't do anything for the deck. I'll leave it to you (for now) to figure out which ones fall under this. One that I'll give you is Nahiri, Storm of Stone. You've got very little equipment, and equipment is not the focus of the deck here.
A good start, but remember what I've taught you. Keep it up!
1 year ago
As a baseline, you'll need to add lands, which I'm sure you know. Since you're making Treasure and Gold tokens in this deck you'd probably be good with roughly 34-36 lands, leaning more to the most mana color you'll need, say like a 25/25/50 split if thats what you're going for.
While I do like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Tariel, Reckoner of Souls they have a high mana cost as most good Angels do, while Tariel synergizes well with your strategy she does have that randomness factor and would advise a more reliable and consistent option. Gisela speeds up the game. As a player this is good and accelerates the game, but as an opponent my first priority would be to get rid of Gisela and that paints an even bigger target on your back.
Restoration Angel is fantastic for your edict effects, at face value. You'd need to run flicker effects to really make it shine. Basandra, Battle Seraph seems really good, forcing people to attack is nice and it prevents players from casting anything in combat, however it means instant speed removal will be used before the combat step. This also stops you from casting spells in combat.
As for Human synergy, I really like Teysa Karlov , Thalisse, Reverent Medium , Queen Marchesa , General's Enforcer and Fain, the Broker . All of them work very well with the token strategy, especially Teysa and Thalisse
Things I wouldn't necessarily include are cards like Juri, Master of the Revue (as good as she is with Fling ), General Kudro of Drannith (incidental unless you go all in on the Human tribal strategy), Devout Chaplain (same reason for Kudro), or Dire Fleet Hoarder (basically a one time effect unless you jump through the Teysa hoop, yes it does give you a Treasure token, but at a cost of 2 mana and the creature dying).
As for Demons I really like the Archfiend of Depravity and Rakdos, the Showstopper , their mass sacrifice effects are wonderful, however Rakdos does effect your board heavily unless you play to his synergies, you wouldn't want Negan to die to his effect would you?
-When it comes to your Dragons, I think you hit the nail on the head, nothing I would really change or take out. Allows for Magda, Brazen Outlaw to have a decent outlet if you don't want an artifact.
-Finally, the other things you've got going. Dockside should just be an auto-include, albeit a heavy price tag, but if you can get one you should definitely include it.
Dark Impostor , while mana intensive is still a decent mana sink that can function effectively as targeted removal. Definitely keep your edict creatures, they are super useful and trigger Negan, and thats what you want.
Starnheim Aspirant is useful if you go super heavy into the Angel theme, but if you skimp on the Angel theme this could very often be a dead card.
Storm-Kiln Artist , I like this a lot for this deck, can be a beater, and generates value.
Vault Robber , seems bad, and bad to do. Synergizes with Magda and makes Treasure tokens, but thats really it... PLUS it requires you to have a creature in YOUR grave. I'd cut this, but if you have a reason to play it I'm not seeing immediately play it in your deck.
Viscera Seer , good card, good sac outlet, not much else to say.
Creatures I'd include based on what I've seen: Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart and Mayhem Devil . Some good ramp and a decent damage dealer if you'd like to play a cheap one. Plus the Devil is great at just 3 mana.
Angelic Renewal is basically a one time effect. While good, there are better recursion spells out there, but this one does fit the Angel theme so thats really cool. :D
Aside from that, I think that's a decent spread of enchantments. Nothing to add really, love the inclusion of the Sagas and Revel in Riches .
- Shiny Impetus is good for token generation, but don't play a sacrifice creature to have that player just get rid of it, deceptively good and bad.
The Eldest Reborn is also another good saga to include if you want another edict type effect, and when it does go off you can get what you want from players' graveyards.
The three signets for your colors, Arcane Signet as well.
Panharmonicon to double up on edict effects.
- Approach of the Second Sun : Does provide you an effective way to win, very good card for a deck like this especially if the game goes long.
- Brass's Bounty . Love it, not much else to say.
- Contract Killing fits the theme and the flavor. Love it.
- Damnable Pact is good card draw for you, and useful against someone who flies too close to the sun.
- Debt to the Deathless / Entreat the Angels . While both good, is not something you want to draw into early game or open with. I would highly suggest playing less finisher cards like these, but if you wanna play em don't let me stop you.
- Killing Wave . Love it, super good.
- Necrotic Hex . Expensive, but great effect.
- Excavation Technique is actually a really good spell. Synergizes with Magecraft like WoTC intended and is deceptive for your opponents.
- Increasing Devotion / Finale of Glory . One of these is better than the other. I'll let you decide which is which.
- Heartless Pillage / Seize the Spoils . I really like both of these cards as spells and thematically. They work well for Negan and as spells for you to Pillage and Loot with as you please.
- Ruinous Ultimatum / Tragic Arrogance : Both are fantastic, especially as finisher spells. I'd make a point to include both so you have an option when you're ready to win(IE: Revel in Riches in play with a ton of creatures on board, its akin to vandalblasting with a lettuce on board).
1 year ago
But here are a couple more efficient threats that also help to disrupt your opponent:
Eidolon of Obstruction
Lavabrink Venturer (this is not turned off by Hushbringer)
Murderous Rider - you definitely need to include this! It doesn't count as a non-creature, and you will be running into Uro. Keep in mind you turn off Uro's ETB draw with Hushbringer, but also his self-sacrifice trigger, so you're giving your opponents t3 Uro.
Rankle, Master of Pranks
I hope this helps!
1 year ago
2 years ago
I felt sorry for my opponent then. For 5 turns I was stopping their creatures from attacking without tapping additional mana while I was able to add to the board with discounted General's Enforcer's ability.