Name a nonland card. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
7 months ago
We also mustn’t forget blacks ability to attack the entire graveyard with things like;
And go after specific cards in your hand, library and graveyard like;
1 year ago
2 years ago
- Sangromancer is quite powerful, and just like you said, not quite popular. She will never disappoint you.
- Lashwrithe is an amazing artefact, and I am running tests with it. Based on your suggestion I found Dread Shade . This new creature is somewhat similar to the artifact and gives both; a much-needed punch to the deck, and a great target for the insane mana produced by Cabal Stronghold , that was wasted sometimes.
- Rain of Tears is also a great suggestion, and I am currently testing it as well. However, it is a mixed bag. It is indeed more reliable than Contaminated Ground , but I deeply miss the extra damage cause by it.
- Sorcerous Spyglass and Pithing Needle are pretty good against Planeswalker, just like you stated. But I think I have a pretty decent anti walker spell density in 4x Ruinous Path and 2x The Eldest Reborn . And we can factor in the 4x Duress and 4x Memoricide as well for game 2 and 3.
- Ratchet Bomb is excellent! In all honesty I had forgotten the thing. I will try to buy some and find a spot in the deck for them.
2 years ago
I would recommend running 2 Gemhide Sliver and 2 Manaweft Sliver . While the gemhide gives global tap for mana to slivers, the likelihood of playing a mirror match doesnt seem large. This will protect you from something such as Memoricide that could completely remove Manaweft Sliver and cause your mana to be more difficult to predict.
2 years ago
This list isn't up to date with the latest sets, but its my big pile of 'I found this useful once' black cards. Mono black deckbuilder's toolbox
The mono black ramp I've made work best is built around Korlash, Heir to Blackblade , and to a lesser extent Lashwrithe 's amazing synergy with lifelinkers. The goal is to go over burn/pure aggro with lifelink/deathtouch, pressure control (and side in Distended Mindbender ), and take midrange to low enough life that a single burn spell ends the game. Damnable Pact is amazing in that shell, as it can both kill your opponent outright and refill your hand.
Painful Quandary tends to outperform sanguine/blood in that deck if you need an enchantment, as you should be taking your opponents low enough that taking them 20-0 isn't needed, taking them from 7-0 is more likely. If your meta sees stuff like solemnity combo or finks combo, cards like Memoricide are more practical.
As much as I love divinity of pride as a card, it is best served in variants on the Phyrexian Obliterator / Gray Merchant of Asphodel shell where you find yourself with a lot of life. If you are dead set on making it work here, you need to look to close out the game with gary and pack a lot of hand disruption.
2 years ago
chessmaster102 Hey! Sorry to take so long to reply, had a lot to hand IRL these past few months. I hope you are finding the Path and Trap combo useful! Now for your suggestions. With regard to Mind Funeral I do agree that it tends to compare poorly against Glimpse the Unthinkable. I personally average about 12 cards with it, sometimes only 8 but other times a staggering 18. With many players running low land decks and thinning with fetches I find it's mid to late game impact thrilling. While I do see the appeal of Breaking, I prefer the higher potential payoff from Mind Funeral so I take the risk over consistency here. Moving on, you will notice by my edits that I also was unhappy with Memoricide. I had considered Sadistic Sacrament on your suggestion but was also not fully convinced. Once the GRN spoilers hit however I opted for the Unmoored Egos. And finally the universal suggestion for this deck. Hedron Crab is absolutely a good card in this deck. I expect that if it doesn't get removed you can net a solid 12 cards per game from it, if not more. I personally don't like the loss of flavor by including him however. Additionally I find any spell-based deck, but especially creature-less decks, are very immersive; and personally that immersion drives me to play my best. So rather than play Hedron Crab and/or Jace's Phantasms, I stack the deck with cantrips for some thinning. I really appreciate the feedback though and am glad to see someone else out there how enjoys some good Esper Mill!
2 years ago
Boza Glimpse the Unthinkable mills plenty of cards for a cheaper price yes, but they are sitting in the graveyard only and there are plenty of potential ways to bring those cards back or play them from the yard. Ego at the very least exiles its targets. Memoricide or Slaughter Games both cost more and both have restrictions on what you can target so both would be weaker cards to me than Ego. We don't have to agree on the card's effectiveness. I just think it might have a little more use than people are expecting.