|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Return up to two target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.
Soul Salvage Discussion
1 month ago
Raise Dead isn't a bad graveyard retrieval card, but there isn't much that's better in Standard right now; options would be Recover , Soul Salvage , and FinD. Cast Down hits non-legendary creatures, and Price of Fame hits legendary creatures for cheaper than non-legendary creatures, so they complement each other nicely. If you're willing to ramp your opponent and splash green, you can pick up Assassin's Trophy , although probably not on a budget. Moment of Craving is not a bad card; it's one of the few things that get rid of Adanto Vanguard cheaply (since a creature with zero or less toughness is removed from the battlefield even if it's indestructible). You might consider replacing some or all copies of it with Vicious Offering if you're willing to sacrifice creatures sometimes, or with Dead Weight for a persistent effect without the life gain. A strictly more powerful but also more expensive option is Vraska's Contempt . None of those cards synergize especially well with Sengir Vampire because Sengir Vampire is a 4/4, which means that most of the time it will either kill a creature by itself or die to it, rendering the later death of the creature meaningless since you no longer control Sengir Vampire. If you're looking for that type of synergy I recommend Kazarov, Sengir Pureblood , although he's very expensive mana-wise for a Standard deck (which is probably not horrible in casual play but might bite you in the butt at a tournament when he gets killed with Price of Fame or similar after sideboarding). As an additional recommendation that's kind of like Moment of Craving thematically, you might consider Arterial Flow (both are useful in your deck but serve different roles); there's also Moment of Triumph as another vampire-themed combat trick. If you like all these vampire-themed cards for flavor reasons, search through the Ixalan and Rivals of Ixalan sets; they were tribal sets with Merfolk, Pirates, Vampires, and Dinosaurs as the tribes, so probably about 20% of the cards are vampire-themed in those two sets.
Ratgut on Rat Attack
2 months ago
Personally I would recommend some variety or options.
There are a lot of decks that can either outgrow or outaggro your deck, or even just shoot every rat down.
Especially after the first 3-4 turns, just playing 1 rat per turn is not going to cut it... if you even draw one.
Maby putting in some card draw, unblockable/shadow/fear or protection for your rats might help imo. But then again, I never played with a similar deck.
Some options in the standard range i could find are: Soul Salvage Retrieving some casualities Memorial to Folly Same, but it doesn't take the place of a rat Zhalfirin Void to make sure you consistently draw a rat Abnormal Endurance protection or some extra punch Cobbled Wings flying Helm of the Host imo is a staple in this deck Not a staple is Sword-Point Diplomacy but personally I would play it.
Hope this helps.
2 months ago
hydrothermia Thanks for the feedback. Definitely some considerations here.
This is not intended to be a serious deck. It's totally a gimmick deck centered around letting Thief of Sanity be as annoying as possible. Cast Down is primarily there to just slow down the early game until Thief gets going. So Murder might be a little slow to achieve its goals.
Vraska's Contempt may well be a better alternative to Settle the Score, and Sinister Sabotage over Unwind. At the moment, it's aspirational on MTGA, since I don't have the collection for it yet. If I did, I'd probably play Sinister Sabotage over Unwind, and play for a bit with Vraska's or Settle to see how the extra life compared with extra chances to activate Lilliana.
I included March of the Drowned just to have a cheap easy way to get some Thiefs back if they all get killed. Recover or Soul Salvage might be replacements, but additional hand hate doesn't really feel "right". Whether more removal is necessary would probably take some playing with.
The win conditions for this deck are pretty much hit them in the face with enough unblockable damage or Karma, depending on what you steal. Though, the primary goal is entertainment rather than winning.
4 months ago
I think Ghostform is useless in this deck since you have 4 Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive in the deck. Maybe replace Ghostform with another Soul Salvage and some cards that will help you draw more cards like Opt. It will help you draw Tetsuko sooner if you have them, or maybe a tutor card like Mastermind's Acquisition.
7 months ago
This is my first commander deck I got a few months back and have built it up slowly but am in dire need of help finishing it. I know it is slow and probably bad but I like it and it suits me just fine. I like how it can focus on the graveyard but the only strategies I have for it is the Duskmantle Guildmage and Mindcrank set and the Sphinx's Tutelage. I want to focus it on wizards mill where my wizards can help me use my graveyard getting back my instants and sorceries that help mill and draw using Sphinx's Tutelge. Other creatures can be added like Consecrated Sphinx but i'd like for creatures to be mostly wizard. Any help is appreciated.
Commander: Inalla, Archmage Ritualist
7 months ago
I haven't played Standard in well over a year, but I'll do my best:
- If you're concerned with Approach, more hand disruption might help, as well as more early plays to get some extra damage in. 1-2 copies of Unburden could be useful, and Miasmic Mummy pulls double duty
- Against aggro, more early plays will help. I recommend Miasmic Mummy again since it can block an early creature and pre-emptively stop a future play. I also recommend upping the count of Fatal Push
- Adding more cheap creatures also provides more ammo for Whisper, Blood Liturgist if you decide you want to have another copy of her for more consistency
- Settle the Score doesn't do enough to help your plan to justify how slow it is. Replace it with more copies of Fatal Push and/or Vraska's Contempt
- Gilded Lotus doesn't seem to help your plan at all. I think you'd be much better off replacing them with more Swamps. That will help you hit your land drops more consistently and makes Cabal Stronghold slightly better
- Replace Soul Salvage with Wander in Death as a straight upgrade, just in case you get into a situation where you need some other card more than the normal effect
- Taking out The Eldest Reborn and Duress will weaken your options against Teferi decks and other control decks, so consider that issue before doing it
- Morbid Curiosity and Fortuitous Find don't do anything for you. Take them out of the sideboard
- Is there a specific deck that makes you want to include Dispossess in the board? If not, consider taking it out
Soul Salvage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%