Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Printings View all
|Welcome Deck 2017 (W17)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Starter 1999 (S99)||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Common|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Common|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Common|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Common|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Common|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Common|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Common|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Raise Dead Discussion
3 months ago
Phew, Kalitas would make legacy dredge very good. I think it has to be a Raise Dead type effect, which would also be way more in line with the power level of the other cards' abilities.
6 months ago
I have worked on trying to perfect a list here - bg sac value pauper. I think that Brindle Shoat and loam dryad are the key cards. I think your list can use a couple of lands and a better Raise Dead effect and more card draw.
7 months ago
I don't think this is a suicide deck, aristocrats would probably be a better hub. Other than that the deck looks pretty cool, maybe add some more repeatable sac outlets. Carrion Feeder . Mortician Beetle is a very synergistic card. I would add some more card filtering and recursion, like Raise Dead and Grisly Salvage anyways, happy sacrificing!
Boza on Custom Cube
10 months ago
- blackblade's bite -> this might as well read B:Exile target creature.
- dark draining -> powerful at that mana cost, and any target to boot.
- davriel -> looks to be incredibly weak. It is graveyard hate, but wants to cast non-creature spells with its second ability, but the only thing you want to hate is creatures, since those come back easily...
- defiled anthem -> sure, but this is incredibly hard to actually trigger and will create memory issues.
- duskmantle shade -> shades usually have the black firebreathing effect, eg Liliana's Shade
- eliminate - white has the exact same card, except the lose two life clause. Why?
- festerspawn - better than existing options by a mile. Phyrexian Rager feels shame.
- hired hit - why does this one destroy the creature, while the previous ones exiled it?
- hungering shadow -> ninjutsu and devour is an interesting combo, but this is a very weak card.
- memory -> why do these cost 5 mana? these are so limited in application.
- mind scourer -> this can end games on turn 3.
- Moonglove-Blade Assassin -> a 4/3 for 5 mana with basically super Murder attached to it?
- Ominous Form -> if it wasn't for the OP removal to deal with this, it would be too powerful. It probably still is.
- Pain -> blue and white did not have something similar, so it is not a cycle. This is quite powerful and warps the game around it.
- psionic lashing -> do not do this. suprise "I win" cards are not a good idea. Though, if you target yourself, you kill yourself, which is a different application.
- return journey -> very cool design!
- rotgrub swarm -> 1/1 for 1 mana that you will never play on turn 1. Probably not a good idea.
- rotplague -> too powerful for a one-sided card.
- something wicked -> when would you ever choose the first option on this overcosted Raise Dead ?
- soul pillage -> when would you ever choose the first option on the above when this card exists?
- will rot -> not a black effect.
- zulaport alley-watcher -> where is there a city with alleys on Zendikar?
1 year ago
1 year ago
bushido_man96: The deck doesn't precisely have a discard theme, but it does work to strip resources from my opponents in an asymmetric fashion. If I can resolve Mindslicer , I will almost always win (because I can rebuild my hand extremely quickly and they cannot).
budlaorf: Vilis is almost certainly finding a home here -- the only real question is whether he is better or worse than Razzledazzle. Apart from him, I'm unsure about Blood for Bones , and probably not including the other two.
Rambolicious_0: Yes, you could choose to reanimate OR recur the thing you just sacrificed. In a certain sense, it's like a black Cloudshift to reuse an ETB, in many cases (stapled to an additional Raise Dead ).
1 year ago
Flooremoji: That I can agree with, however there are only 4 zombie cards in this deck, so I don't think it will have a big enough impact. On the other hand, I did just get some more Undying Evil , so there's a change I can make.
1 year ago
It's worth noting that Moment of Craving will not count as "damage" to a creature; rather, it's a static effect. Also, you should be aware that Sengir Vampire and Raise Dead aren't in Standard right now. I don't really have any suggestions for you to replace Gifted Aetherborn ; it's a really good card, and probably would be even at a three-drop slot. Arvad the Cursed is the closest creature in Standard right now and he's a much more expensive legendary (five mana).