|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2014 (M14)|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to cast Wild Guess, discard a card.
Draw two cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Wild Guess Discussion
1 week ago
I actually switched from Dangerous Wager to Wild Guess in the first draft of this deck 2 years ago. I've had better luck using Wild Guess to pull out a missing mana or pump on turn 2 for a turn 3 win.
Dangerous Wager would be a dead pull before the pump combo, and you shouldn't have mana to play it during pump combo.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
No removals are fine... I like running decks that just does what it does, doesn't mess with other players' hands or board-states, and asks the same in return. I have even won plenty of games worrying about my own cards and letting the opponents take care of clearing threats -one of the perks in a multiplayer format -somebody else will have the answers.
However, in order to keep playing the game, you need to avoid exhausting your hand. You need card draw. Mind's Eye is the best for mono-red; and you also have cards like Wheel of Fate, Magus of the Wheel, and Reforge the Soul to refill your hand.
4 weeks ago
Ok so I took a good long look and you appear to be on a budget of about $10 per card so I kept my recommendations around or below that mark. The biggest thing I have learned about neheb decks regardless of the speed or competitiveness of the table is that they want additional combats for more mana since it checks total damage dealt in a turn and ways to get spend that mana. My first recommendations are the additional combat effects.
Aggravated Assault Especially this one
Combat Celebrant, this one combos with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and if you have it Zealous Conscripts is screaming to be included. Zealous can haste your creatures, steal mana or beatsticks to further your plan, or clear the way for your attack.
Next some draw card effects. Some of these are the exile then cast effect, but with Neheb surging mana thats just as good.
Runehorn Hellkite, Magus of the Wheel, Knollspine Dragon, Chandra, Flamecaller, Bedlam Reveler wheel effects are the most efficient draw cards you can get and the ones that hit your opponents too can disrupt tutors.
Protecting Neheb is extremely important and can be done in two ways: traditional protection, and slipping under your opponents. What I mean by the slipping under your opponents is playing him with haste and/or earlier than expected, this is the key driver of my deck since my table doesnt give me time to play him at normal speed. Below are some mana accelerants to cheat him out, haste sources I havent covered above, and traditional protection.
Generator Servant this one is both mana and haste but broadcasts your intent ahead of time.
Sword of the Animist great for filtering your deck both before and after you slam multiple attacks with Neheb.
Anger plays nice with the looting and wheels mentioned before.
Hall of the Bandit Lord can scare people with the 3 life but it is so efficient and so worth it.
Homeward Path because your games run long enough for dumb things to happen to Neheb.
Fork counter your counter, haha!
Sometimes you just have to mess up your opponents to buy the time you need.Blasphemous Act is great if you have an indestructible Neheb and Red Sun's Zenith is removal or a win con depending on how much mana you have.
Captivating Crew in a creature heavy meta can wreck face.
Magus of the Moon if youre that guy and your opponents rely too much on lands.
Scab-Clan Berserker especially if anyone plays storm.
Stigma Lasher deals with lifegain which can otherwise be a big problem.
Stranglehold make them draw cards like you have to.
Void Winnower there are other good eldrazi to consider as something to poor your mana into but this is in my top two more budget picks.
Other good cards.Hanweir Garrison couples with a haste land and is a fantastic beater. Hero's Blade extra damage for no equip cost. Strionic Resonator does gross things with all the triggers in the deck. Temur Battle Rage great way to massively increase your damage and mana.
Please read the whole thing I can't check mark "suggestions" for all of these at once.
1 month ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
1 month ago
Hey Suns_Champion, I didn't forget about you, you asked for my help :) Playtesting outside of TappedOut and writing about the new Dominaria spoilers at Radiant Elves has taken up the majority of my time for Magic.
Your Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH deck looks great, lots of good cards and interactions. Aetherflux Reservoir is a nice secondary strategy that doesn't completely need Firesong to be a win condition, but becomes much better with Firesong.
Some suggestions to consider:
- Doubling Cube: double all red, white and colorless mana in your mana pool, great with X damage burn spells.
- Thran Dynamo: combines very well with Cube, an excellent source of colorless mana the turn it ETB.
- Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players
- Rolling Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players, From the Vault: Annihilation version
- Breath of Darigaaz: 4 damage to all creatures and players for four mana kicked, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Hour of Devastation: 5 damage to all creatures and Planeswalkers, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Price of Progress: lots of damage to each player for two mana
- Acidic Soil: lots of damage to each player for three mana
- Gamble: unconditional tutor
- Faithless Looting: early game draw
- Tormenting Voice: early game draw
- Wild Guess: early game draw
- Survival Cache: draw that's good with all the life gain from Firesong
- Winds of Change: can draw a lot of cards for only one mana
- Reiterate: crazy spell with Cube and other ramp because of buyback, double an X damage burn spell
- Mark of Asylum: protect your creatures from your own burn spells especially Firesong
- Furnace of Rath: double the damage by burn spells, makes X damage to each creature and each player burn spells ridiculous, major life gain
Doubling Cube can double all white, red and colorless mana to cast huge X damage spells which can be amazing with Firesong. Cube is the card that can give you the ability to cast Firesong or Reservoir and other burn spells all in the same turn. In fact with Cube, Firesong and Earthquake you can go off doing a ton of damage to all players and gaining a lot of life the turn you play Firesong.
I suggest adding more X damage to all creatures and all players burn spells. I think the power you're looking for with Firesong is in these spells because they can massively hurt all your opponents and not you because of lifelink. These Earthquakes don't target which is huge for the mana cost because you're damaging all creature and players at the same time not just one. Comet Storm is one of these, but it's one of the higher mana cost options. I suggest adding more because these spells give you the most bang for the mana.
Reiterate and Cube is a great combination because you will have mana to buyback Reiterate which is really good with large burn spells and a main strategy of wanting to cast instants and sorceries.
Gamble is an amazing tutor in Commander because the graveyard is very much a resource in this format. I suggest adding more cheap draw.
Mark of Asylum is busted with Firesong you can be less afraid to cast any burn spell that damages all creatures because the spell will not do damage to Firesong, but it will do damage to every other creature you don't control gaining you a ton of life.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Expedition Map
- Book of Rass
- Basilisk Collar
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Strionic Resonator
- Hedron's Archive
- Painter's Servant
- Thalia's Lancers
- Stonehewer Giant
- Brass Squire
- Imperial Recruiter
- Weathered Wayfarer
- Fire Servant
- Generator Servant
- Teferi's Protection
- Open the Armory
I'm suggesting to add quite a few more burn spells that can damage all creatures therefore it makes sense to cut a large amount of creatures because they will consistently die to these spells. I think these burn spells are much more powerful with Firesong than these creatures are.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
I did mean Wild Guess, sorry about that and thank you, still gotta trim it down