|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Return each creature card with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield.
|Have (2)||sonnet666 , Bluboltar|
|Want (17)||sirvezathebrave , mini_tb , mhmaurer , Stryfe_ , kovellen , king0fclubs , tybaltbs , BrownstoneCowboy , Talonisnthavingit , linkfan , marissagillett , je21269 , crusader4321 , AngryTengu , whoville , cburns , THAC0|
Immortal Servitude Discussion
6 days ago
Hey, nice casual deck.
Shadowborn Apostle are more Clerics who can cheat a Demon onto the battlefield and you can have any amount of Apostles in your deck. Edgewalker lets you play all one drop Clerics for free as well as reducing the mana cost of all your other Clerics. Immortal Servitude is a powerful way to reanimate all Apostles/Supplicants/Mother/Wayfarer for four mana.
3 weeks ago
This doesn't seem like a bad idea: using something to instantly create a bunch of Advisors.
Since the "tap four" ability can be used the turn it comes into play, you can focus on putting a whole bunch on the battlefield at once. Rally the Ancestors , Immortal Servitude , and Bloodbond March come to mind as ways to return all of your critters from your graveyard to the battlefield.
1 month ago
More to come, just didn't want this to be deleted. Remember these are just suggestions and they might be wrong in some cases
1 month ago
1 month ago
Suggestions for "additions" (I'm not sure what you want to take out)
Also here is my list if you want some additional inspiration: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shadowborn-apostles-demons-will-rise/
The list is outdated, casual, and just a rough remake of a list I had previously that I lost, but there might be something you've missed in there.
- Aven Shrine - Provides ridiculous lifegains even with just a small number of apostles in the yard.
- Xathrid Necromancer - (Rotlung Reanimator v. 2) - Tokens enters tapped, which is an issue, but it triggers off humans which hits slightly more targets than cleric. More of an aggressive inclusion rather than combo defensive tool.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - gets back all your Clerics for another run.
- Rally the Ancestors - You have Immortal Servitude , this is its buddy.
- Doom Whisperer - Razaketh, the Foulblooded does what this does better under normal circumstances. Haven't playtested this one but the general idea is to Surveil as many Clerics into the graveyard as possible until you hit a mass-resurrection-spell. Combines really well with aforementioned Aven Shrine by possibly finding and fueling the Shrine's condition, leading to mass lifegains, leading to more Surveil.
- No Rest for the Wicked - Haven't playtested this one either and possibly more a jank inclusion. The idea is to make sure you can get your Clerics back into hand if Athreos is not available or people are willing to pay. It's better to just have the mass resurrection spells before this.
I would probably pull out:
- Krav, the Unredeemed - He seems lackluster in the setup and you don't seem to create an abundance of tokens to really abuse his ability.
- Harvester of Souls - Would likely swap him out for a Grim Haruspex . While the Harvester triggers off of your opponent's creatures dying, you would need a Grave Pact effect in play to actually take advantage of that. The main portion of cards you get from this is from your own creatures. And I figure if you are able to search for a demon, the Harvester is not the prime target. At least when I've played he has been under performing. The Haruspex is easier to cast and is returned with both Rally the Ancestors and Angel of Glory's Rise . You can even find her with Recruiter of the Guard in case you've already found your Edgewalker .
- Unburial Rites - Just seems lackluster to me but that's also because my playgroup run a lot of exile, especially on big targets in colors that usually gets them back. In general I find Phyrexian Reclamation to be a better inclusion because I can secure I get my Clerics back which is the overall gameplan.
Anyway just my 2 cents. Hope you can use it in some capacity :)
2 months ago
You might appreciate Immortal Servitude as a late-game bomb. Only four mana and you get every one-drop back from your graveyard right into play!
2 months ago
This is a sweet idea, and a very unique deck. I don't know much about group hug decks, and I don't know how much EDHREC will help, since the recommendations for the theme will be more geared towards non-red decks, but I can tell you that the one thing you're lacking is a solid end game. The strength of group hug decks is that the hugging isn't really symmetrical. When everyone gets resources from Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis , your deck is better built to utilize the cards and mana. When everyone gets to Show and Tell with Braids, Conjurer Adept , your deck is built top-heavy. If the goal with Alesha group hug is to control the board's big threats, you need to make sure that you have a way to utilize all the minor threats that you build up. I don't think Siege-Gang Commander is going to do it. You could look up combos, such as a way to infinitely recur your Gray Merchant of Asphodel or something with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker , get tribal and rely on a massive Coat of Arms or Shared Animosity , or you could find a late-game way to leverage your graveyard or the board state, such as Immortal Servitude or Insurrection . Anyway, happy deck building!
3 months ago
Hey EsperPanorama, thanks for the suggestions!
I'm starting to realize just how right you are. The deck does need a bit more to it for the late game. I run a Sadistic Hypnotist in my Teysa deck and it turns out I have another to spare!
I pulled Animation Module, Ghostly Prison, Chromatic Lantern, Reliquary Tower, and Darksteel Plate. I replaced them with Unburial Rites, Sadistic Hypnotist, Immortal Servitude, and Orzhov Cluestone. I don't have Reanimate, but I may drop Raise Dead for Whisper, Blood Liturgist
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a great card that can pull his own quite well and I may have to find a slot for him.
Immortal Servitude occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%