Creature — Sliver
Whenever a Sliver you control attacks, defending player loses 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Leeching Sliver Discussion
3 weeks ago
I don't play commander, but I would highly recommend playing both Leeching Sliver and Thorncaster Sliver. It will add plenty of value having both out and as you mentioned in an earlier comment it will avoid blockers or any other prevention. It's also low mana cost. Not sure how important life gain is for commander but I would also recommend Syphon Sliver.
4 weeks ago
Arkheid - thanks for your suggestions!
Re Fungus Sliver, it grows my Slivers which is handy. I may end up cutting it. Dormant Sliver is tactics. I need to keep a hand so I can keep playing and Dormant Sliver offers me the chance to build a hand - I can easily sacrifice it when the time to attack comes!
Metallic Sliver I can see why it should be cut - I simply liked the idea of a generic mana giving me a huge creature!
I do think I will cut Leeching Sliver although it can get around damage prevention which is nice.
I am not fond of Mirror Entity. Many tribal decks locally have used it before and it gets insta-hated.
4 weeks ago
Ah,Mirror Entity is a great addon to a tribal deck ;D
1 month ago
I would try to add in Collected Company. I don't know if you'd like to cut Aether Vial for it but CoCo would hit almost every creature in your deck. That being said you may not want to if you want to run Sliver Hivelord and Sliver Legion because you may potentially put them on the bottom of your library. Homing Sliver could be a solution to that though, or you could cut Hivelord and Legion altogether or even just move them to your sideboard. Also Leeching Sliver, Venom Sliver, and Sidewinder Sliver are good cards to consider.
1 month ago
I like Leeching Sliver a lot because it deals direct life loss so I look at it like another sliver lord. Phantasmal Image is also nice since it can copy a lord too, but it's fragile. Other than that you might want to consider adding something like Sidewinder Sliver for a one drop that weakens blockers.
3 months ago
Nice win, Leeching Sliver is really strong against fog decks too its hard to prevent the life loss.
I was running a Sliver Legion at one point but the HiveLord has been working out better.
Yea vial would be a better pick than lead.
3 months ago
I really like Leeching Sliver in your build, before I went all in on Sedge I ran 4 Leechings and enjoyed them thoroughly. Had a time in a tournament where I got down to just a Diffusion in play a bunch of Mountains because of blood moon and a single swamp, opponent was at 1 life... cast the Leeching and swung into his goyf and let the attack trigger kill him.
4 months ago
Well, man, I'm a sliver fan and I have played an extremely similar list for a very long while, although I'm into Esper Spirits right now. I'm sure I can give you some advice into competitive sliver playing.
- You'd better be ready for a global removal. Anger of the Gods and Supreme Verdict are totally into the format, and since Slivers has no draw engine at all, you're very unlikely to come back into play from a global. I tried mainboarding 2 Sliver Hivelords. It's a hard thing to cast, and not worthy going up an Aether Vial to cheat him in, so it's a hard choice. It saved me the day sometimes, but I leave it up to you.
- Diffusion Sliver is a 4 of. Trust me. This guy is amazing. We live in a Fatal Push world, and this little mo-fo is the closest thing modern has of the good and old Crystalline Sliver. Run 4.
- Galeriders, Manawefts, Predatorys, Sedges and Sinews Slivers are 4 of. You're right here. Keep it up.
- Striking Sliver is stronger than it looks. You might like to have some more. But the effect doesn't stack, so he is not a 4 of.
- Syphon Sliver could be mainboard. Same goes for Leeching Sliver, but for different reasons. Syphon is great 'cause modern is basically an aggro format, so getting some lifegain is a thing in pretty much EVERY match. Leeching, instead, gets your aggroing even faster, cause he is... like... an extra lord for your slivers, when we're thinking about opponent's lifepoints. Back in my sliver days, I used to run Sidewinder Sliver for the same thought. In matchups like naya zoo, goblins, or even merfolk, having something that gets your slivers harder to block is awesome (he's like a lord too, but for blocking creatures), because the point here is going for lifepoints. And, fuck, Leeching totally does it.
- Manabase seems solid. Good work.
Anyway, your list is awesome. I love what you're doing here and I'd be really happy to face your deck one day. Hope my comments help anyhow.