|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever an opponent shuffles his or her library, you may look at the top 2 cards of that library. You may exile one of those cards. Then put the rest on top of that library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||VGJustice , xpsychovampx , Shiromakuro , Epidilius , Wolfebladeelite , sonnet666 , Kleptozaniac , Xunfor6iv3nX , Swamy , switchkill65 , Antiat , ecurps|
|Want (3)||CryAll , sombrevivo , nate_wizardadept|
Psychic Surgery Discussion
1 month ago
This deck is cool: a true homage to Nicol Bolas. I do think you need more Lili planeswalkers in this deck. Not only will it help this deck, you stick to the lore at present. Fraying Omnipotence needs to move from sideboard and maybe board to the main: it is devastating and its Bolas ... you need it in! Watch as your enemies squirm and suffer (muhahahahaha). Tramuatize is more synergy. I wish to advise you to consider Psychic Surgery: Bolas pulls this trick, essentially, and you get to hinder you foe's plans. Lore and usefulness. I hope these have been helpful to you! :D
2 months ago
Thanks for taking the time to look at the list and leave a comment! Great to hear you like the list. Please consider upvoting as well if you liked it ;). I looked at your tips and these ar my considerations when assessing them:
About your tips:
- Spirit Away I find too expensive mana-wise. I’d rather have 4-5 mana spells that steal a creature
- Similar for Clone Legion. 9 Mana is quite prohibitive and you can only run a few of that cost. I went for Expropriate for my high cmc spell.
- Silumgar's Command is a nice versatile hate card. However, it’s a bit expensive at 5 mana. I am not expecting to hold up 5 mana with this deck, so that’s why I did not include it.
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death is nice, but It doesn’t synergize with the goal of my list, which is to steal by opponents permanents. If I would run a dragon sub-theme, it would surely find a spot in the deck, but that wasn’t the idea I was going for. A similar answer I would have for Archetype of Imagination. It’s a great card, but does not really gel with the strategy of the deck.
- Telepathy is a card I’m going to consider. Knowing what my opponent’s have could be crucial info to know how to use my steal spells.
- I do not really get you Psychic Surgery tip tbh. My deck does not actively shuffle opponent’s decks or want them to exile good cards. I want to steal the good cards :D
- Ice Cave I would find more fitting in a chaos deck. With this deck I want to have the opposite: control.
- I did not know about the … of empires cycle. Looks like fun! However, it would require many resources to get them in play all at once. I would rather add Empress Galina for example to get a similar effect as Crown of Empires.
Hope this explains my thought process a bit concerning your tips.
Thanks gain for the tips, and I'll have a look at your list soon.
3 months ago
Do you think that Psychic Surgery could find it's way into a list like this? It let's you manipulate opponents after fetching, and it can interfere with topdeck tutors (unless they have a way to respond to the trigger).
4 months ago
Can you guess my hobby? (It is pretty obvious btw)
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature you control
: Put two +1/+1 counters on enchantet creature. It is exhausted and doesn't untap during your next untap step
Create a card that punishes something and can remove cards from deck (Psychic Surgery for inspiration)
4 months ago
Counterbalance is the core card in this deck style. Its worth taking even more budget options throughout the rest of the deck just to play a set. Aqueous Form is too easy to get 2-for-1'd compared to a playset of something like Anticipate or Telling Time.
Take a look at Lantern of Insight control for a good set of tools. Psychic Surgery/Cosi's Trickster/Vortex Elemental can be a spicy and powerful budget combination. There are also some fun Skill Borrower brews to check out too.
5 months ago
Good deck otherwise
elfric on Brago CEDH
9 months ago
so you are looking for suggestion.
create a custom category grouping for the decklist. even though one can go over the deck multiple times to look for all kinds of different numbers of cardroles you play it would be much easier to get the deck more accessible served.
Ichor Wellspring can replace Wall of Omens to make tabernacle not hit you hard. Thorn of Amethyst could replace Thalia, Guardian of Thraben for the same matter even though that makes Recruiter of the Guard worse. then you cut Psychic Surgery because it does (near)nothing and put in Mishra's Workshop. now you have a slightly better earlygame on average.
why do you run Voltaic Key? it does so little in this list.
Reality Acid is a slooow engine. but on the other hand your removal is really not that much cards.
venser cmc4 flash dude could be a good engine because he impacts emediately and can be found with recruiter of the guard.
you could experiment with more sol lands to make your earlygame come online even with fewer cards from bad mulligans. Saprazzan Skerry & Remote Farm play like mana elves. they cost you a mana once but give you an additional the next turns. yes your elf will get lighning bolded and your land strip mined but you had that package within just 1 card while being good under winter orb.
Kismet is a card to consider as it gives you tempo the moment it hits and can later on be a lock with winter orb. i also think it is important to not only play enough cards to turn in an engine via brago but also to run enough cards to get you that tempo and sustain it. if the new thalia is good enough in your meta even that could be a big improvement because ofrecuiter of the guard.
1 year ago
Hmm...ok, so here's an idea: Quest for Pure Flame. Somehow I got this idea that it'd be fun to sacrifice a quest, and use Mana Seism to Bitter Ordeal their entire life total in one shot. I just don't think it'll work like that in practice.
Proclamation of Rebirth for Boggart Forager along with your Psychic Surgery would make it the world's worst Lantern of Insight control. You can even Memory's Journey for 0 cards, just to make them shuffle twice, if you don't like their top card.
Use Muddle the Mixture to find and protect your probes.
Anyway...I'm just brainstorming.