|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Clock of Omens
Tap two untapped artifacts you control: Untap target artifact.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||Fleshxandxbone , angesoir , rikertchu , itheoryz , webdokkeren , Xz0mb13x91 , mandoso , Justinaut|
|Want (20)||FrogIsCool , PUfelix85 , Allbeing , rikimaru188 , TAMA , obitus , NoNeedToBragoBoutIt , RoninH3RO , yodazach , Skullion123 , PTsmitty , FiveEightFiveBC , 25Hour , kovellen , pphhaazzee , doonmeister , THP88 , Dr.Jackel , bbtancakes , notsaying|
Clock of Omens Discussion
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
- Retrofitter Foundry
- Whirler Rogue
- Echo Storm
- Maverick Thopterist
- Psychosis Crawler
- Scuttling Doom Engine
- Hellkite Igniter
- Into the Roil
- Enchanter's Bane
- Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor
- Endless Atlas
- Thirst for Knowledge
- Reverse Engineer
- Prismatic Lens
- Vessel of Endless Rest
- Dreamstone Hedron
- Daretti, Scrap Savant
- Goblin Welder
- Trading Post
- The Antiquities War
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- Mizzium Transreliquat
- Kuldotha Forgemaster
- Spine of Ish Sah
- Mechanized Production
- Clock of Omens
- Sai, Master Thopterist
- Whir of Invention
- Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
- Shimmer Myr
- Grand Architect
- Storm the Vault
1 month ago
I have updated my deck list with Traxos, Scourge of Kroog and Neurok Stealthsuit Traxos gives you some sweet combos with Clock of Omens and Chief Engineer.It's CMC might be high but in my opinion it's well worth it. And Stealthsuit gives you opportunity to protect your key figures. Great deck, definitely huge fan of your work in total!
1 month ago
No problem at all, as for another one it's a little more risky, but if you have Emmara out and another untapped permanent, cast Mycosynth Lattice and Clock of Omens to constantly tap and untap Emmara using the new tokens she's producing each time, then unless someone boardwipes you'll have infinite solider tokens too :)
1 month ago
1 month ago
If we're going that direction...
You'll want to double down on the Thopter Foundry and Sword of the Meek combo if you'd like to make a bunch of tokens and thopters. Sai from M19 is really good with this. You could also insert something like Clock of Omens along with your already included Unwinding clock for even more shenennigans using tapping artifacts, seems real good to me.
On the field of counters, you've got loads and loads of options. Personal favorites of mine are Counterspell, Mana Leak, Swan Song, Flusterstorm and Force of Will. There's also Foil, which is more budget friendly. these cards are cheap to cast and perform like mad. Other options are, for example, Pact of Negation, which can be a game changer. Oh, and Negate, don't forget about that one. There's also Delay.
Scrap Mastery is a card which I'm advocating a lot, this card is too good not to play in a deck like this.
There's 5 things to consider furtherly, IMO, and those are Cyclonic Rift, Conjurer's Closet, the addition of infinite mana and Inventors' Fair. There's also the Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal combo.
It all depends on which playstyle you'd wanna pick, but I think most of these options are up there on the "good cards for Breya" list, after having played with her for the past two years.
2 months ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.
2 months ago
Can't go wrong on the colored artifact lands from Scars of Mirrodin, value is so awesome! Also, have you heard about my friendBitter Ordeal? This card is nuts when combined with Breya's ability and the ability to recur artifacts, which you're already doing. Sacrifice outlets for mana are also great in response to removal. Scrap Mastery is one of those cards that's just insane value, combined with cards such as Daretti, Scrap Savant. You could also look into Summoning Station and Blasting Station, Voltaic Key and perhaps Clock of Omens. Just a few suggestions. Keep up the brewing, I like the token theme of the deck :)