|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Gleam of Authority
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on other creatures you control.
Enchanted creature has vigilance and ", : Bolster 1." (To bolster 1, choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you control and put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||ironax , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01 , Mogar , Ellyreia , philktoken8998 , Swamy , Regulus1010 , bakeraj4 , ToolmasterOfBrainerd , thetechzombie , golgarigirl|
|Want (2)||Rez09 , vashaclarens|
Gleam of Authority Discussion
1 week ago
I'm guessing he thought the +1/+1 Gleam of Authority gives for other +1/+1 counters was also a counter. So having 2 gleams would just infinitely make your guy stronger.
1 week ago
I'm trying to figure out what sort of heroic creature you're referring to, and what this combo would be. Heroic abilities trigger of of becoming the target of a spell, which Gleam of Authority would trigger once, when cast as a spell, targeting that creature. The tap ability granted by Gleam of Authority does not trigger heroic both because it does not target and is not a spell. Kor Spiritdancer also triggers once, when you cast Gleam of Authority, but does not trigger off of activating the ability granted by the aura, because, again, the ability is not a spell.
1 week ago
4 weeks ago
Door of Destinies is good in EDH but in Modern I think it's too slow. Turn 4 at earliest, and at least turn 5 before it assists whatsoever. I think it just drives up the $ price of the deck too much for the good it'll do, most decks are going to outspeed DoD before it gives any true value (Like the +3/+3 or +4/+4 range). And theoretically you could drop 2 or 3 DoD in one game, but you don't have any 1-drops so you'd be dedicating turns 4 and 5 to DoD then they'd only pay off on turn 6 or 7. Gruul War Plow by comparison, gives instant value on turn 4 by giving your creatures trample as soon as it hits the field, albeit stacking them would be useless.
And I'm similarly worried about Blood Baron of Vizkopa being too slow. He's a decent body so that saves his value some, but he's still a turn 5 drop minimum and turn 6 before he can swing with that lifelink. Big payoff, but big risk with his mana cost (Same for the 6-drop vamps in the maybeboard). If you spent all your turn 5 mana to drop him, and he gets Countered or destroyed (or you just lose on turn 5/6 depending on the enemy's deck) then the build up wouldn't have been worth it.
And I don't quite see the reasoning for Cascading Cataracts, it taps for colorless so why run it over more plains/swamp? It's mana-fixing only happens after you have it plus 5 more mana, so turn 6 minimum, and I can almost guarantee that most of the time you'll hit the double B cost or the WB cost by turn 6 either way. Evolving Wilds would take a turn of instant mana away from you, but would still give instant access to the color you needed rather than having to wait until turn 6.
Gleam of Authority I'm iffy on. It might be good, but it's a slower buff-er because only one of your vamps (or one playset technically) actually gives itself +1/+1 counters for GoA to take advantage of. Otherwise you have to pay GoA's cost of 2 mana, then pay another mana and tap the enchanted creature to make another creature get 1 +1/+1 counter. Not to mention that due to how the enchantment is worded, you couldn't summon a new creature and enchant it then instantly tap it to buff because it would have summoning sickness and wouldn't be able to activate the ability it's given by the enchantment. It just seems like a really slow method of buffing your creatures, and in the process costs extra mana and makes one of your creatures unable to do anything until your next turn.
2 months ago
And Gleam of Authority pairs well with it too.
3 months ago
Here are my two cents. Eldrazi Monument -- I love this card in token decks. Honor of the Pure -- This also buffs your creatures (most of them anyway). Balefire Liege -- a no-brainer. Spear of Heliod -- This not only buffs up your creatures, but it also acts as good creature removal/deterrent. Path of Bravery -- I would replace Angel of Renewal with this. Call for Unity -- a good card for the endgame that will help keep all your tokens alive. Coat of Arms -- You have enough tokens to make this work. Elite Scaleguard -- This creature will abuse the massive number of +1/+1 counters that your deck is capable of, sometimes allowing you to swing for lethal on the turn you play him. Gideon, Martial Paragon + Gideon's Resolve -- this is a fun combo that would go well in your deck. the planeswalker will give you a pillow fort, and the enchantment buffs all your creatures. Gideon's final ability will also allow you to swing for lethal. Gleam of Authority -- This is something else to abuse your +1/+1 counters, but I am not necessarily recommending it. I will add more suggestions tomorrow.
4 months ago
My suggestions for this deck:
-2 Ballyrush Banneret (Barely helps you cast anything if you look closely)
-2 Mosquito Guard Its cute but not good enough
-2 Preeminent Captain (This cheats creatures into play but your deck has no GIANT soldiers to cheat into play.
-1 First Response (If opponent sits back and blocks you, it does nothing)
-4 Cavern of Souls (Your deck has the tag casual. Cavern should never be in a casual deck due to its price)
-4 Gleam of Authority (Way too slow this enchantment literally does nothing till turn 3 with a best draw. It is also vulnerable to creature removal classic 2 for 1)
5 months ago
- Expedition Raptor - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost.
- Hunters' Feast - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost, I think there are other options that are recurrable or have some added value on top of the base life-gain.
- Lead by Example - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost
- Shoulder to Shoulder - Even this one isn't strong enough.
- Early Harvest - If this wasn't only basics, this might be an okay card to run, but as it is, this will probably only untap 3-4 lands, while costing you about that much mana.
- Gleam of Authority - Going deep on the +1/+1 counters? There are better cards than this for doing so. See Experimental Kraj, Plaxcaster Frogling, Vigean Graftmage - you could do a whole proliferate + graft deck.
- Library of Leng - I don't know why you'd want this unless you are hard pressed for Trinket Mage targets or worried about discard effects. Either way, I would want to run something a little more versatile.
- Hurkyl's Recall - Same with this. The allure of saving someone's artifacts from a vandalblast (or your own) is compelling, but until that moment arises (once every three or four games?) you got to be in the right place at the right time, with mana open. Too much work.
- Nissa's Judgment - This card works for your deck, but there's plenty better out there for removal.
- Magewright's Stone - This card seems like a bad Voltaic Key which is also a tough add for the deck. You are stuck on the untap shenanigans deck, which has this one split among several concepts instead of devoted entirely to one.
If you want to go deeper on the +1/+1 counters/proliferate mechanic:
- Cultivator of Blades - I'm big on this guy right now, as he buffs all attacking creatures (including your allies')