|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
Legendary Creature — Vampire Cleric Ally
Whenever one or more nontoken Vampires you control attack, create a 1/1 white Vampire creature token with lifelink.
NOTE TO ADMINISTRATORS: THIS IS NOT AN ALLY
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Vasbear1 , LeroyJones , PhotogenicParasympathetic , TheRealPeaches , saj0219 , Spinalripper , No1HanSolo , philktoken8998 , predation , Pumpkinking913 , firemind12 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , MagnaAura|
|Want (3)||, Aquacomics , PTsmitty|
Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle Discussion
5 days ago
Finding room for the 7th and 8th lord would probably be benificial. Andanto vanguard is great esp with lords or Squire's Devotion. Also if you're consistently turning things sideways Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle is probably just better than Queen's Commission IMAO.
I'd also suggest running more sideboard hate against control as you don't seem to have anything in the side to replace the removal package. I'd imagine Duress to hand check for a sweeper would be invaluable quite often in game 2 or 3.
Anyway that's it for me, have fun leading the vampquistador legion dude.
1 week ago
Hey, two color and three color manabases are pretty bad in Brawl. There's just not enough dual land options in Standard when you can only play them as 1 ofs. If you're excluding cards from both Kaladesh and Amonkhet then the land choices are much much less.
Mono colored Brawl manabases however I think have potential because the manabase can be all one type of basic land and some utility lands.
Dominaria looks to have some really good mono colored legendaries and the whole set hasn't been revealed yet, there could be more. Without Kaladesh and Amonkhet cards you're very much limited to only Dominaria for mono colored legendaries to use as a possible Brawler. Currently not a lot of good choices for all colors...
Some strong mono color Brawler options excluding KLD and AKH blocks:
- Green good stuff and ramp with Ghalta, Primal Hunger
- Red aggro and ramp with Captain Lannery Storm
- Red aggro and voltron with Valduk, Keeper of the Flame
- Blue good stuff and artifacts with Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp
- Blue aggro with Jace, Cunning Castaway
- Blue aggro with Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive
- Black good stuff with Demonlord Belzenlok
- Black Rats with Torgaar, Famine Incarnate
- White good stuff and Angels with Lyra Dawnbringer
- White Vampires with Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
- White aggro and voltron with Danitha Capashen, Paragon
1 week ago
I actually just made a list for a BW vampire deck, that was focused on token production. I won my store championship with it. So i'm gonna suggest the token route as its the most fun version of vampires to me.I'm gonna suggest what I think you should take out first. I think Oathsworn Vampire,Elenda, the Dusk Rose,Duskborne Skymarcher, Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle,and the Squire's Devotion. My reasoning's come down to the fact that they either need set up, are to singular to help a go wide strategy, or become redundant as you make more tokens.The good thing is that your removal looks good, and you have the key creatures.Now what I could see you adding to the deck are as follows with my reasoning.Yahenni, Undying Partisan cause he's an immediate threat that if not dealt with, will snowball to a win.He also is hard to remove, and fits a token theme.Next is more Call to the Feast, it's almost game ending and gives you a threat that is always good to draw.I think you would be right to add 1 or 2 Champion of Dusk, he's gonna draw you a ton of card in colors that either don't draw cards, or don't draw cards unless you do X thing which can be detrimental to you. I would only add 2 though, don't wanna kill yourself because of it.then, finally add some Pride of Conquerors. It's a decent pump spell when you don't have the cities blessing,but when you do it will either win you the game or put you far,far out the reach of your opponent killing you through damage.Now the 2 things the deck really needs are better lands, and Metallic Mimic. The good thing is that both will never not be at least good and have long term value.Currently the only BW land in standard is Concealed Courtyard, but it's worth it.Also adding some Shefet Dunes gives your deck a nice pump spell whenever you need it. Metallic Mimic would be a second lord that gives counters that stick to your vampires. It helps you make those little vampire tokens hit like a tank. The best part is that it can come down and be effective no matter what because it's colorless. Then, it has long term value as tribal decks in magic will never not be a thing. I hope this can help you, but let me know if you want to go a different route than tokens.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hi! Sorry I've taken so long to respond!
Not sure if your going to go Vampire tribal or go with Elenda. I'm really interested in Elenda so I'll give some suggestions for her.
- Token generators: Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle, Legion's Landing Flip, Grave Titan, Secure the Wastes, Anointed Procession Stuff like that.
- Sac outlets: Ashnod's Altar, Yahenni, Undying Partisan, Viscera Seer. These are important for sacing on your own terms to buff Elenda before you sac her. Responding to a board wipe this way can be crucial.
- Blade of the Bloodchief will get lots of extra counters on Elenda when sacking creatures.
- Cathars' Crusade will buff all your creatures a ton. If the all enter at the same time, the all see eachother when they enter, getting you huge creatures out of your 1/1 Elenda triggers.
- Gift of Immortality great recursion for Elenda.
- Hatred great way to buff Elenda before a sac/attck. She has lifelink to gain all the life back.
- Mentor of the Meek will get card draw off of all the tokens.
- Planar Void is an interesting route to take wioth Elenda. Self graveyard hate. Not sure about this.
- Supernatural Stamina Buffs Elenda and brings her back
- Well of Lost Dreams draw cards off the life gain.
For vampire tribal you'll want Edgar Markov.
2 weeks ago
I definitely recommend having the Captivating Vampire card since most of the cards shown here are mostly low cost and also all vampires mainly, in this case, I'd prefer switching out a couple of the "never return" ones for a couple more call to the feast, that way not only are you able to gain more vampire lifelink tokens but thanks to CV ability to give them all +1 counters really helps bring them up to a higher level. Any other cards you have that increases vampires counter's like Bloodline Keeper Flip are really helpful. in my opinion, consider adding a couple more higher costing cards if you have any like some with the ability bloodthirst . If there's any other cards I may recommend try Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle, maybe Anowan, the Ruin Sage and I prefer Sanctum Seeker. A couple enchantment cards like one I personally use myself and highly recommend is Sanguine Bond and pricey but Exquisite Blood, out of everything though legion lieutenant is a really good choice for this deck, the lands are well balance but since its more of a black deck, try to go for that a bit more or balance them out with black/white cards as I tried to recommend. Anything else I can add it would be add an enchantment or two while maintaining a 60 card deck. Hope I helped in some way :). Joined a week ago.
2 weeks ago
Nice deck! Elenda, the Dusk Rose would be a nice addition, I would add 3-4 of them. You don't have to worry about the legendary rule because when you have 2, sacrifice the bigger one for a lot of smaller vampires. In order to expand your army, consider adding 2-3 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle. Metallic Mimic is good in any tribal deck, and having it in this deck would allow you to make all your vampires more formidable. Forerunner of the Legion is a nice tutor, and I can see it doing good in this deck. Other suggestions are Legion's Landing Flip, Radiant Destiny, and especially Unclaimed Territory. Keep up the good work, hope my suggestions help!
2 weeks ago
- Shefet Dunes
- Ifnir Deadlands
- Forsaken Sanctuary instead of Evolving Wilds
- 2x Field of Ruin
- 2x Ixalan's Binding (-2 Vraska's Contempt)
- 2x Cast Out (-2 Walk the Plank)
- 4x Radiant Destiny (-2 Oketra the True, -2 Vona, Butcher of Magan)
- 4x Call to the Feast (-1 Vona, Butcher of Magan, -2 Elenda, the Dusk Rose, -1 Adanto Vanguard)
- 4x Queen's Commission (-2 Adanto Vanguard -2 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle)
- 2x Champion of Dusk (-2 Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- One more Legion Lieutenant (-1 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle)