Choose an opponent. You and that player each put three 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.
Choose an opponent. You gain 2 life for each creature you control and that player gains 2 life for each creature he or she controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||Tiddilywinkus , ironax , TheAlmostHero , , AlucardZain , duff87 , Riku580 , mziter501 , Kleptozaniac , Swamy , golgarigirl , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , EdenGardenz , Ashy , Lindough , LoneCrusader399 , GoldGhost012|
|Want (12)||king0fclubs , Loading_Error , kovellen , RazortoothMtg , ztheart , Kurush , VampireArm , djnewellmit , Lneuzil , jamiefosternz , Izmagnus , ricardokloss|
Benevolent Offering Discussion
4 days ago
Duelist's Heritage, Spectral Searchlight, Victory Chimes, Play of the Game, Regna's Sanction, Pulsemage Advocate, Shieldmage Advocate, Spurnmage Advocate, Oblation, Wall of Shards, Benevolent Offering, Infernal Offering, etc.
1 month ago
Because you told me to.
Token Makers: Entrapment Maneuver, Assemble the Legion, Oketra's Monument, Increasing Devotion, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Hordeling Outburst, Dragon Fodder, Raise the Alarm, Secure the Wastes, Krenko's Command, Angel of Invention, Benevolent Offering, White Sun's Zenith, Servo Exhibition, Launch the Fleet, Sram's Expertise, Deploy to the Front, Nomads' Assembly, Dawn of Hope, Martial Coup, Tilonalli's Summoner, Storm Herd
And if you take many of those token generating spells: Charmbreaker Devils
1 month ago
Oh? Then if you want to make it a life deck, I'd encourage you to take a look at Karlov of the Pings. It's a life gain deck of mine, has a lot of great stuff. However it should be noted that to truly break Krav's ability there should be some token producers too.
Benevolent Offering can win you some friends on the table. Brimaz, King of Oreskos is a powerhouse. Captain's Claws can be equipped to Regna. Cenn's Enlistment can get rid of garbage lands. Doomed Traveler is a generally great card. Entreat the Angels is awesome. Ghoulcaller Gisa is oddly both a sac outlet AND token producer. Hero of Bladehold is a legend. Hidden Stockpile is honestly pretty good. Hoofprints of the Stag and Krav work great together. Hunted Witness is a slightly worse Doomed Traveler, Icatian Crier is a great way to pitch lands. Legion's Landing Flip is a nice one-drop and a permanent source in the late game. Leonin Warleader is nice. Lingering Souls is a classic. Militia's Pride, along with all these other cards, makes me wonder if attack-based tokens is a viable modern strategy. Mobilization is great if the game gets stagnant. Monastery Mentor is soooo good. Necromancer's Covenant is insane against aristocrats. Ogre Slumlord is a great rattlesnake and honestly the freaking best. Ophiomancer isn't quite as good, but still nice. Patrol Signaler- again with the attackers! Pawn of Ulamog could also be a great mana source, in the same vein as Sifter of Skulls. Promise of Bunrei seems really good. Quest for the Gravelord is a good thicc boi. Raise the Alarm is actually pretty underrated. Regal Bloodlord is great here. Sacred Mesa is great, and very repeatable. Smothering Abomination would be devastating here. Sengir Autocrat is 4 sac targets. Skirsdag High Priest can make some thicc bois. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad and Sorin, Grim Nemesis are both perfect for this deck. Twilight Drover is also freaking amazing. Wingmate Roc is, once again, practically designed to be played here!
1 month ago
I can tell just by looking at this briefly that this build has been improved over time as it looks very refined. As I am not experienced with this commander, take my comments with a grain of salt as you are more of the expert here.
I wonder if you could make use of more token producers - specifically ones that make at least 3 1/1 creatures at a time in order to use Teysa's first ability on demand if she's the only creature in play. Cards that come to mind include: Sengir Autocrat, Benevolent Offering, Increasing Devotion, Entrapment Maneuver, Spectral Procession, Martial Coup.
I think more card draw effects would be nice. I'm very surprised to not see Mentor of the Meek in here. I would argue that Read the Bones is strictly better than Painful Lesson. But overall I would consider adding a few more, some that come to mind that play well are: Damnable Pact, Skeletal Scrying, Blood Divination, Altar's Reap, Ancient Craving.
I think you could use more mana ramp. Besides mana rocks, you could take advantage of treasures with cards like Pitiless Plunderer.
Not sure if you've thought about focusing on strong cards that care about low CMC. Besides Mentor of the Meek, other cool cards could be added (some would even interact with Teysa): Unearth, Sun Titan, Reveillark, Citywide Bust.
Fun cards that come to mind that you could add:
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded Not a cheap card at around $6, but could be insane in this deck.
- Archfiend of Despair - also around $6 and high cmc, but would be nuts for ending a long game quickly
- Krav, the Unredeemed I know you said you recently traded him, but it could be worth hunting down another cheap non-foil one and run him with Regna, the Redeemer.
- Bontu the Glorified and/or Oketra the True
- Athreos, God of Passage not cheap at $12, but could be useful when you don't have tokens to sacrifice
- Eliminate the Competition - very underestimated IMO
- Black Market I'm usually very picky when it comes to enchantments at 5+ CMC, but maybe this one would be worth it in a long game since it sees tokens dying.
Lastly, a few cards I think could possibility be cut for any of the above (I am often eager to cut high CMC cards btw):
- Treasury Thrull - a good effect I'll admit, but I'm just not thrilled with the 6 CMC. If reviving creatures is your main goal, something like a Hell's Caretaker's effect for less mana might be better.
- Voldaren Pariah Flip - at her cmc with that effect, I think I'd rather run a board wipe instead
- Vizkopa Confessor - looks like a fun card, but I don't like the CMC.
- Profane Command - I don't know that this should be cut, but I'd encourage you to really ask yourself which modes you typically use because you might be able to get a card with the desired mode for less mana. If X spells are a way for you close out the game, you could consider Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire.
- Tamiyo's Journal - looks like a fun card, but idk about the cmc, requires a long game before providing lots of value.
- Tainted Sigil - I've never seen this card before, does it pay off well? I just don't like that people can see it on the board.
Overall, very impression decklist - glad you rebuilt it. Eager to face it next week.
5 months ago
6 months ago
The last cool card I forgot is Mana Flare. It will bait your opponent's tread (if they don't already know what kind of deckbuilding you're into) and gives you a pretty damn effective ramp effect!
7 months ago
I would recommend Death or Glory, Diabolic Tutor for the art and flavor, same for Dark Tutelage. maybe these could be fun politics in multiplayer: Intellectual Offering, Benevolent Offering, Infernal Offering. Head Games and Jester's Mask make for great political cards as they can help or hinder. Choice of Damnations could be fun even if it isn't that strong.
7 months ago
Scion_of_Darkness Thank you for that, will make sure to correct it immediately!
Problem is we have relatively few creatures on our side of the board, so Congregate is strictly bad in many mashups such as storm. However it is a good sideboard card against 8-whack and any other aggro decks, so that is an instant include in the sideboard.
Wall of Limbs problem with this is that if we ever end up gaining life, it is only to stall until the late game, which we dont usually want due to the lack of card draw, not to mention our turn three is almost always going to be Tainted Remedy
I like Benevolent Offering and I'll put it in the maybeboard for kitchen table players, considering I'm still kind of one of them.