Creature — Human Druid
Creatures you control have "Tap: Add (Green) to your mana pool."
Printings View all
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Citanul Hierophants Discussion
1 month ago
Ulasht is a neat general. You might like these: Song of Freyalise, Citanul Hierophants, Life and Limb, Lightning Greaves, Utopia Mycon, Thermopod, Impact Tremors, Illusionist's Bracers, Vigor, Blade of the Bloodchief, Basilisk Collar, Artifact Mutation, Aetherworks Marvel, Evolutionary Leap, Slate of Ancestry, and let's not forget Forgotten Ancient
3 months ago
Before I dive into the responses, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment.
- Emerald Medallion/Rhonas's Monument - bring in mono green, I have no way to search for these to get them out early and after turn 4 they really become a dead draw. The deck generates an insane amount of mana when I get going for better utility that I can use at any point in the game.
- Nyx Lotus - I hate that it enters tapped. I've been on the fence about it, and if I ever pull one or trade for one, I'll test it. It also runs counterintuitive to Collector Ouphe which I try to keep out as often as possible to hinder my playgroup.
- Bow of Nylea - deathtouch is rarely needed, Ohran Frostfang is ran mostly because of the passive draw ability it has. I am running this in my budget deck though since it doesn't generate mana like this version does. I do plan on testing it in this version eventually for the other abilities though.
- Brawn/Nylea, God of the Hunt/Nylea's Forerunner/Primal Rage/Roughshod Mentor - between kamahl and hoofy, these are unneeded.
- Citanul Hierophants/Cryptolith Rite - I ran hierophants for a long time when I first made the deck and eventually dropped it. Outside of my mana dorks, I dont tap the creatures for mana, so it just became unnecessary.
- Embodiment of Insight - I dont turn my lands into creatures unless absolutely necessary. So this doesn't really help my playstyle.
- Sword of the Animist - it's a great card, I just don't use equipment in this deck. No real reason for it, I dont even run Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves.
- Vivien's Arkbow/Elvish Piper - both on the list to playtest.
- Overwhelming Stampede/Overrun - ran stampede for years in the deck and eventually dropped it for more utility. My commander does overrun at instant speed so I wont waste a slot on the actual overrun card.
- Beastmaster Ascension - haven't really considered it to be honest. I dont need it offensively, but could be useful to help keep my mana dorks alive from mass damage spells. I'll have to play around with it.
- Rogue's Passage - unneeded. When I swing, I get through.
- Reliquary Tower - already in the deck.
- Pir's Whim - I just recently discovered this card for another deck and plan on playtesting it in this deck.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - on the maybe list, I'll eventually playtest it.
- Harmonize - I have better draw spells for only 1 additional mana.
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, I greatly appreciate it.
3 months ago
I love this deck though i have to wonder why some cards are not in here if you could find room fair enough or if you though that this doesn't need them again fine. Emerald Medallion and/or Rhonas's Monument for cheaper spells and creatures now I know green can ridiculous amounts of mana so these are not the most important but the monument does give a creature a mini Overrun each time you cast a creature spell. Nyx Lotus which just a second slower Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for more ramp, Bow of Nylea Which gives the passive ability of Ohran Frostfang as it never hurts to have redundancy a few time to have something to fall back on but also give you these really nice modal options the best for this deck are the add a +1/+1 counter on a creature each turn which helps trample, And the Put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order for reusable cards as I didn't see anything that lets you use the graveyard as a resource and like it been apart of every green deck I seen because of it utility. Things that give creatures trample other than your commander things like Brawn, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Nylea's Forerunner, Primal Rage or Roughshod Mentor things like that. Citanul Hierophants or Cryptolith Rite for more mana. Embodiment of Insight as it such has a high synergy level with your commander. Sword of the Animist for repeatable forest searching which also helps thin your deck so your draw abilites become more useful. Vivien's Arkbow or Elvish Piper for free creatures. Overwhelming Stampede as it has a great synergy with your commander. you mention over Overrun and that would be a great addition to this deck as would Beastmaster Ascension which I always seen as an auto include. May take out a forest for Rogue's Passage as unblockable creatures in decks like this are no joke. I would do the same for a Reliquary Tower for unlimited hand size, mostly for those people that are running forced draw card decks like Nekusar, the Mindrazer or similar decks. I would also run Pir's Whim for a few reason, 1. it give you the ability to search for a non-basic land, 2. it can target more than just one artifact or enchantment (though you don't get to choose) and 3. it a little politics to your deck you can make deals with other players so they can be friends instead of foes until you are ready to deal with them. And finally both Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Harmonize for more draw power
7 months ago
You might like these: Ilysian Caryatid, Springbloom Druid, Elvish Rejuvenator, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Gyre Engineer, Walking Atlas, Llanowar Scout, Chakram Retriever, Retreat to Coralhelm, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Tatyova, Benthic Druid, Citanul Hierophants, Drumhunter, Karametra's Acolyte, Rogue's Passage
9 months ago
I think you have a strong base for a Selesnya token deck but, I am not sure if Emmara, Soul of the Accord is the best choice for your commander. Emmara wants you to tap her and I don't see a lot of ways to tap her in this deck. Maybe consider switching your commander to Trostani, Selesnya's Voice which might work better to get out tokens.
If you want to use Emmara maybe you could look to add a few vehicles to this deck. Personally I think a card like Smuggler's Copter would be a great addition to this deck because, it gives you card filtering and a tap outlet for Emmara. Citanul Hierophants could also help you ramp and will give an additional tap source for Emmara. Nature's Chosen is an older card but would work really well with Emmara. I see you have some cards with the convoke ability which I think is strong in this deck. Maybe consider adding some more convoke cards like, March of the Multitudes , Chord of Calling , Scatter the Seeds and, Conclave Tribunal ?
This deck seems really light on card draw / card advantage, consider using some of these cards to help you draw. Skullclamp which will draw you an insane amount of cards off Emmara alone and, is almost an auto include in a token deck. Idol of Oblivion , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , Huatli, Radiant Champion , Season of Growth and, Ohran Frostfang are all really good cards that will give you card advantage and synergies with your token theme. One last card you might consider is Well of Lost Dreams especially if you find yourself gaining a lot of life off the Emmara tokens.
Lastly, I would consider removing these cards, Eidolon of Blossoms , Evangel of Heliod , Oakhame Ranger , Worldsoul Colossus , Banishing Light and, Collective Voyage . While I don't think these cards are bad I don't they they are impactful enough in this deck.
I would consider adding these cards, Parallel Lives , Doubling Season (if you can afford it), Castle Ardenvale , Beastmaster Ascension , Collective Blessing (maybe consider removing some of your smaller anthem effect like, Honor of the Pure for bigger anthem effect like these), Eladamri's Call , Eternal Witness , Champion of Lambholt , Generous Gift and, Beast Within .
Hopefully some of these suggestions helped but, I think you are off to a really good start with your deck!
1 year ago
Plays exceptionally well with aristocrat and friends. Great tokens for mana sac or skullclamp cards. Draw and creatures and life baked into the command zone. Green gives access to ramp for Hailfire
Many of the cards you will want you will either have or be cheap to acquire. Some ez deck tech Merciless Executioner + friends, Caustic Caterpillar , Golgari Grave-Troll + other dredgers, Llanowar Elves + other cheap dorks, Beastmaster Ascension and other effective token beatdown cards, Viscera Seer + other sac effects. I also highly recommend Cryptolith Rite or Citanul Hierophants . Slot in a handful of the fantastic removal that G/B offers, some tutors, and big beaters for the reanimates, and its a deck
1 year ago
noggynogworld Hey thanks for the input! That was pretty quick, too! I had alot more as I started writing, so I'm gonna condense it here and then work on a proper description for the deck. The important part is that the answer to your question is utility/value over combat in regards to my tokens. Didn't mean to write such a wall of text, but hopefully this sheds light on where I'm taking this. I'll try to have it all laid out in the description later today.
I want to come out ramping, get Tana out ASAP, and hit someone to start the saproling engine going. I mostly want to use Reyhan to make Tana big and explode into saprolings, same as the Hooded Hydra once it gets big and I sac it for lots of little guys.
Writing this out, I'm realizing that I kinda don't care about combat with this deck except for getting the actual tokens from Tana along with using Reyhan and Blade of Selves to make Tana absurdly large -- I want to win via drains and pings with Purphoros, God of the Forge , Poison-Tip Archer , Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord and keep the board clear with Dictate of Erebos , Blasting Station , Goblin Bombardment and Walking Ballista (but mostly when I can stack more counters on him with various counter dudes and Reyhan). Combat will be easy if Champion of Lambholt sticks at all, since all of my stuff will quickly pump her and my whole field can just alpha at will.
Quick input on your suggestions:
Tendershoot Dryad , Asceticism , Heroic Intervention , Pitiless Plunderer , Death's Presence , Yawgmoth, Thran Physician are all incredible -- I thought I had Death's Presence in the list already, too. You're reasoning is solid and these certianly need to find homes.
Parallel Lives I have covered by Primal Vigor which I'm using over Doubling Season in hopes that it sticks around longer -- its asymetrical effect might make it less of a target until its too late. I know its probably silly to include multiples of the +1/+1 counters mechanics without also multiple token doublers. This is something I'll have to keep an eye on this as I really want to split the difference between the two mechanics and use them both.
Fungal Plots is actually a last minute addition, but I included it largely due to the instant-speed sac-two saprolings. No other costs involved and those could end up interacting well with any "this happens when something dies" effects. I see its strength largely in not needing to keep mana up to respond to, for example, a board wipe at instant speed.
For your concerns:
Concordant Crossroads is a haste enabler to let me swing with Tana ASAP, more than anything else. It being a symetrical effect is potentially dangerous, but the reasoning there is the same as that for Primal Vigor . I would think that I have enough chump lockers in my saprolings to deal with things coming my way, but if there is soemthing like a a Scion of theUr Dragon deck dropping hastey dragons that might be less cool. Definitely on the watch list.
Utopia Mycon is also one of the "maybe" cards, I love the no-cost sac -for-mana that will work well with other stuff, and if Tana wasn't my commander I don't think he would have a spot here at all.
Citanul Hierophants is exactly meant as redundancy for Cryptolith Rite , but its one of those things -- I'm not entirely sure how many duplicate effects I ned to remain effective. Especially after seeing the Plunderer this could go.
Greater Good is another example of intant-speed no-cost sac effect with benefits, and I think the only reason it can be here is Reyahn, if it plays out how I hope it will.
Crop Rotation I have in for Bojuka Bog and any other specific utility lands I need to fetch up, though it is definitely more powerful when the haymakers you listed are involved. The mana base as a whole I'm ignoring until I finalize-ish the last 65, so I can get the distribution of color sources right.
1 year ago
Hey there, I saw your comment on my Tana/Tymna deck, I'm glad you liked it.
This deck is interesting! It seems like you struck a good balance with counters and tokens. I'll give some tips and suggestions based on what I see here. Before I start though, I need to know how you are using your tokens. Are they used more for beating down or more for value? I'll make more suggestions once you tell me. All the suggestions I make are just my opinion, take it however you like.
Cards I would suggest finding room for:
- Tendershoot Dryad It's a fantastic token generator, and the Ascend ability on it is no joke.
- Asceticism and Heroic Intervention I noticed there is a lack of protection for your board. Something I learned, especially recently, is that our token generators and any other value creatures need to be protected. Token decks have a hard time coming back if they get wiped or targeted down before they can do anything, so these are must haves in my opinion. Archetype of Endurance is a good budget replacement for Asceticism, though very high in cmc.
- Pitiless Plunderer This adds a ton of value for sacrificing your own creatures. It has come in clutch for me more times than I could count. Also it works really well with Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest since it counts sacrificing any permanents!
- Death's Presence Could also be interesting to use with Reyhan, or even Tana. It's like Kresh the Bloodbraided 's ability but for creatures you control, although the cmc is a bit high.
- Parallel Lives Would also be good for extra token generation.
- Replace Fungal Plots with Necrogenesis Card draw is nice, but these cards can exile from other people's graveyards. Great card for controlling any reanimator/graveyard shenanigans decks. You seem to have a lot of card draw already.
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician He has a sacrifice outlet, card draw, and a proliferate function, all in one card! He's pretty insane for a deck like yours that generates counters and sacrifice creatures for stuff.
Possible Problem cards:
- Concordant Crossroads A great card, as a wincon. It's a very dangerous card to play if you give your opponents haste too and take more advantage of it than you can. If you can pull it off without your opponents taking too much advantage of it, then more power to you!
- Utopia Mycon I used to run this card too, but it only works for saprolings which became a bit problematic when I had other tokens that weren't saprolings. However you are running Tana as a commander, so it may alleviate the problem I had with it.
- Citanul Hierophants Seems a bit redundant with Cryptolith Rite , but that's just me. There could be other creatures more worth playing for equal or less cmc, like Grismold, the Dreadsower from the new Commander Set! Definitely putting it in my Kresh deck.
- Greater Good It's a very good card if you're getting good draws from killing large creatures. I'm not sure how often you are getting creatures with 4 or more power that isn't your own commander.
- Crop Rotation It's only really good if your playing high power lands like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers or Gaea's Cradle . If you're looking to fix mana, I would add Sakura-Tribe Elder Cultivate and/or Kodama's Reach
So far this what I have as far suggestions go. Let me know what you think!