Creature — Human Druid
Creatures you control have "Tap: Add (Green) to your mana pool."
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Citanul Hierophants Discussion
1 month ago
I love this Ape tribal deck!
My only criticism is that you don't have enough human fodder for Kogla, the Titan Ape since he's one of your main forms of removal in your deck. You've only got Eternal Witness.
I was thinking maybe you could replace your Llanowar Tribe with Karametra's Acolyte or Citanul Hierophants ? Not only do they offer the potential for much more green mana per tap than the Tribe, they also are humans for Kogla to toss back.
Elfhame Druid could be replaced with Somberwald Sage which would actually net you 1 more mana for casting Kogla and 2 more mana all the time for other creatures.
You could also replace Sakura-Tribe Elder with Diligent Farmhand . While not as good as a one-off as the Elder it does fill the same chump block and sac for a land niche, it counts as an extra pump for the jank pump spell Muscle Burst which is mega flavor, and is a human for Kogla to toss. There's also Krosan Wayfarer which has the downside of only getting a land from hand rather than tutor or Primal Druid which has to die from the combat but at least lets you tutor.
I know you are probably using Llanowar Elves for an early play and ramp, but if you didn't need that extra (G) per tap you could replace it with Drumhunter which gives you needed card draw, a colorless mana per tap, and is a human for Kogla to toss. Some less good options but still ok since they're lower CMC than Drumhunter is Werebear , Honored Hierarch , Harvester Druid , Sylvok Explorer , or Humble Naturalist .
If you need a ramp creature to combo off with look no further than Hope Tender , Juniper Order Druid , Ley Druid , or Krosan Restorer to untap a land that produces big mana or Hidden Herbalists which would actually combo off of Kogla's tossback if you have something that could benefit from ETB's.
There's also Setessan Petitioner which would allow you repeated lifegain on ETB if you needed it.
1 month ago
Change your deck-type from Modern to Casual if you're going to run Citanul Hierophants . With Legendary creatures, I often only run 3 copies instead of 4 because multiples are not allowed. But if it's going to be a target (And Fynn likely is) sometimes 4 is worth the slot. Honestly, I think you need a bit more land. With the curve you're running and the low amount of ramp, you probably need at least 2 more lands. My first choices for dropping are Nightshade Peddler and 1x Bow of Nylea .
2 months ago
Here's a few that came intuitively:
3 months ago
It looks like your breakpoint for Eldritch Evolution is at 3 mana, but the single copy of Gisela is the only creature you can tutor for at that point that costs more than the sacrificed creature. If you want Evolution to be the Birthing Pod for this deck, I'd suggest adding more threats that cost 4-5 mana. Fives are particularly valuable since they can themselves be sacced to find Bruna or Deceiver of Form . Sticking with the Eldrazi type, Emrakul's Hatcher , Kozilek's Channeler , and the popular Reality Smasher seem like they'd be the most effective. The world's your oyster if you don't mind running other creature types. Stormbreath Dragon , Sigarda, Host of Herons , Baneslayer Angel , and Thragtusk are some picks recommended by the internet as the best modern creatures on 5. If you prefer having only the biggest baddest threats in the 7-9 range, I'd cut Evolution entirely for more ramp in Cryptolith Rite / Citanul Hierophants , From Beyond / Awakening Zone , or really whatever other options you prefer. Another card I'd consider cutting is Kozilek's Return since it will wipe out all of your tokens (even after upgrading with Emrakul's Evangel ) unless you're lucky enough to also have Eldrazi Monument out. Maybe Mizzium Mortars could be your sweeper if that's what you're looking for. A final cut I'd make is the odd fifth copy of Game Trail . Unless that's a typo, you don't typically want to run more than 4 copies of nonbasics, even in casual. Plus, your deck looks like it could use more white and colorless mana sources anyway. An interesting option that jumped to my mind was Westvale Abbey Flip since you already have a human token theme. Some other tribal picks that might fit are Champion of the Parish , Thalia's Lieutenant , and Mayor of Avabruck Flip.
Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! (BTW, I'm not a great sideboard builder, but I do know eldrazi make use of Warping Wail and Oblivion Sower in addition to the more traditional hate artifacts.)
10 months ago
Ulasht is a neat general. You might like these: Song of Freyalise, Citanul Hierophants, Life and Limb, Lightning Greaves, Utopia Mycon, Thermopod, Impact Tremors, Illusionist's Bracers, Vigor, Blade of the Bloodchief, Basilisk Collar, Artifact Mutation, Aetherworks Marvel, Evolutionary Leap, Slate of Ancestry, and let's not forget Forgotten Ancient
1 year ago
Before I dive into the responses, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment.
- Emerald Medallion/Rhonas's Monument - bring in mono green, I have no way to search for these to get them out early and after turn 4 they really become a dead draw. The deck generates an insane amount of mana when I get going for better utility that I can use at any point in the game.
- Nyx Lotus - I hate that it enters tapped. I've been on the fence about it, and if I ever pull one or trade for one, I'll test it. It also runs counterintuitive to Collector Ouphe which I try to keep out as often as possible to hinder my playgroup.
- Bow of Nylea - deathtouch is rarely needed, Ohran Frostfang is ran mostly because of the passive draw ability it has. I am running this in my budget deck though since it doesn't generate mana like this version does. I do plan on testing it in this version eventually for the other abilities though.
- Brawn/Nylea, God of the Hunt/Nylea's Forerunner/Primal Rage/Roughshod Mentor - between kamahl and hoofy, these are unneeded.
- Citanul Hierophants/Cryptolith Rite - I ran hierophants for a long time when I first made the deck and eventually dropped it. Outside of my mana dorks, I dont tap the creatures for mana, so it just became unnecessary.
- Embodiment of Insight - I dont turn my lands into creatures unless absolutely necessary. So this doesn't really help my playstyle.
- Sword of the Animist - it's a great card, I just don't use equipment in this deck. No real reason for it, I dont even run Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves.
- Vivien's Arkbow/Elvish Piper - both on the list to playtest.
- Overwhelming Stampede/Overrun - ran stampede for years in the deck and eventually dropped it for more utility. My commander does overrun at instant speed so I wont waste a slot on the actual overrun card.
- Beastmaster Ascension - haven't really considered it to be honest. I dont need it offensively, but could be useful to help keep my mana dorks alive from mass damage spells. I'll have to play around with it.
- Rogue's Passage - unneeded. When I swing, I get through.
- Reliquary Tower - already in the deck.
- Pir's Whim - I just recently discovered this card for another deck and plan on playtesting it in this deck.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - on the maybe list, I'll eventually playtest it.
- Harmonize - I have better draw spells for only 1 additional mana.
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, I greatly appreciate it.
1 year ago
I love this deck though i have to wonder why some cards are not in here if you could find room fair enough or if you though that this doesn't need them again fine. Emerald Medallion and/or Rhonas's Monument for cheaper spells and creatures now I know green can ridiculous amounts of mana so these are not the most important but the monument does give a creature a mini Overrun each time you cast a creature spell. Nyx Lotus which just a second slower Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for more ramp, Bow of Nylea Which gives the passive ability of Ohran Frostfang as it never hurts to have redundancy a few time to have something to fall back on but also give you these really nice modal options the best for this deck are the add a +1/+1 counter on a creature each turn which helps trample, And the Put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order for reusable cards as I didn't see anything that lets you use the graveyard as a resource and like it been apart of every green deck I seen because of it utility. Things that give creatures trample other than your commander things like Brawn, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Nylea's Forerunner, Primal Rage or Roughshod Mentor things like that. Citanul Hierophants or Cryptolith Rite for more mana. Embodiment of Insight as it such has a high synergy level with your commander. Sword of the Animist for repeatable forest searching which also helps thin your deck so your draw abilites become more useful. Vivien's Arkbow or Elvish Piper for free creatures. Overwhelming Stampede as it has a great synergy with your commander. you mention over Overrun and that would be a great addition to this deck as would Beastmaster Ascension which I always seen as an auto include. May take out a forest for Rogue's Passage as unblockable creatures in decks like this are no joke. I would do the same for a Reliquary Tower for unlimited hand size, mostly for those people that are running forced draw card decks like Nekusar, the Mindrazer or similar decks. I would also run Pir's Whim for a few reason, 1. it give you the ability to search for a non-basic land, 2. it can target more than just one artifact or enchantment (though you don't get to choose) and 3. it a little politics to your deck you can make deals with other players so they can be friends instead of foes until you are ready to deal with them. And finally both Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Harmonize for more draw power
1 year ago
You might like these: Ilysian Caryatid, Springbloom Druid, Elvish Rejuvenator, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Gyre Engineer, Walking Atlas, Llanowar Scout, Chakram Retriever, Retreat to Coralhelm, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Tatyova, Benthic Druid, Citanul Hierophants, Drumhunter, Karametra's Acolyte, Rogue's Passage