Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Elf Shaman
When Golgari Findbroker enters the battlefield, return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
1 year ago
Spore Frog, Viscera Seer, Disciple of Griselbrand, and many others are considered staples for Meren as they turn her engine to stack experience. Spore frog is an mvp of the deck as a whole. If you have a self sac outlet, create armies with cards like Hornet Queen, and Mycoloth.
One last thing, with self sac you can use horror creatures like Faceless Butcher in a way that permanently exiles the creature and is reusable in a pretty cheap manner. Basically you sac the creature before the removal effect happens, and the effect that gives it back happens before the creature is taken away leaving it permanently exiled
1 year ago
Okay so I'm new to deckbuilding, especially for EDH so I'm just wondering if anyone has any useful/practical suggestions for this deck. I thought Abomination of Llanowar was a cool card, so I wanted to build around that concept of getting a lot of elves onto the field and my graveyard to really boost its power and toughness.
One thing I'll mention is that, with the exception of cards that are already present in the deck, I don't want to spend more then $3-5 on a single card. So keeping all of this in mind, any suggestions?
Commander: - Abomination of Llanowar
Creatures: - Elvish Eulogist - Elvish Archdruid - Imperious Perfect - Lys Alana Huntmaster - Immaculate Magistrate - Marwyn, the Nurturer - Elvish Visionary - Shaman of the Pack - Lathril, Blade of the Elves - Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen - Beast Whisperer - Timberwatch Elf - Elvish Mystic - Canopy Tactician - Poison-Tip Archer - Skemfar Avenger - Skemfar Shadowsage - Wolverine Riders - Ruthless Winnower - Wellwisher - Golgari Findbroker - Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord - Rhys the Exiled - Nightshade Harvester - Gilt-Leaf Winnower - Elvish Doomsayer - Storrev, Devkarin Lich - Nadier's Nightblade - Fyndhorn Elves - Llanowar Elves
Sorcery: - Cultivate - Rampant Growth - Eyeblight Massacre - Shamanic Revelation - Casualties of War - Dig Up - Victimize - Sign in Blood - Spark Harvest - Diabolic Tutor - Deadly Brew - Bone Shards - Elvish Promenade
Lands: - Evolving Wilds - Command Tower - Path of Ancestry - Llanowar Wastes - Jungle Hollow - Skemfar Elderhall - Golgari Guildgate - Tainted Wood - Necroblossom Snarl - Myriad Landscape - Foul Orchard - Darkmoss Bridge - Forest x13 - Swamp x13
1 year ago
so i m in a Pickel i do not really need more ramp like Harvest Season it takes a long time to get a lot of tapped elfs if it really needs to be effectief if that time is thare i allready can make a lot of mana with my elfs or with the normal mana but oke uhm i was like wat can i do m i gonna replace Harvest Season with Elvish Dreadlord or with Elvish Mystic or with Golgari Findbroker
so yea Elvish Mystic one mana ramp oef love that but have allready a lot of ramp so other /elf wipe thing do i really need itElvish Dreadlord i dont know last but not least Golgari Findbroker so hear me out if i combine this with Wirewood Symbiote you can get all your strong stuff back start over
let me know what you guys think
1 year ago
As for things to cut, here is my list-
Cards to definitely cut- 1) Abomination of Llanowar he's just a big, dumb of elf with a target on his back for removal. There are better options. At least Drove of Elves has hexproof, but I wouldn't even play that. The only one I'd play is Jagged-Scar Archers, and that's because of its utility against flyers.
2) Elvish Rejuvenator He gets a land, but doesn't actually ramp you. And that is if you get a land- you might whiff. You have better options. If you really want this effect Sylvan Ranger costs one less mana and is guaranteed to not whiff.
3) Eyeblight Cullers 5cmc is just too much for something that only gives you three tokens on its death, and you have no mill synergy.
4) Golgari Findbroker This card was made for draft. It just costs too much for what it does. Its not just the four cmc, 2 and 2 is a high opportunity casting cost.
5) Harald, King of Skemfar He's basically a 3/2 with menace that replaces himself. The clause on Tyvar might seem good if you add him (which is good idea, btw- he'll be worth it even if he doesn't stick around too long), but even then you have to remember that he won't find Tyvar the majority of the time. Again, its nice he replaces himself and gives you some selection, but there are better options.
6) Jaspera Sentinel Dorks are great, but you have to tap two creatures for one mana, which is a bad rate in elves. There are better dorks suggested above.
7) Masked Admirers This is one of those cards that Wizards stuffs into every precon conceivable, even though its bad in most of them. We don't need it here.
8) Thornbow Archer He's only draining one life for each time he attacks. That isn't enough to justify his slot.
9) Voice of Many You get maybe three cards for four mana at most? He's not the worst and he does draw cards, but I've never liked him.
10) Voice of the Woods This might sound like a good use of your elves, but its better to pump your elves than to use them to summon elementals. Plus he costs five to cast.
11) Tergrid's Shadow We have a joke about this card in our playgroup, but in general it isn't what we want. Letting your opponents pick what they sacrifice means you'll rarely hit the thing you need to get rid of. You might as well just play Doom Blade or any other premium removal card in these colors. There are a lot!
12) Poison the Cup They just put this in the precon because foretell was a Kaldheim theme, but there are so many cheap (both in real world and mana cost) black removal cards that this one shouldn't make the cut.
14) Return Upon the Tide This just costs too much mana, and you have other better recursion pieces out there.
Cards to think about removing
1) Serpent's Soul-Jar This card could be good, but could also be a trap. Your graveyard is a resource, and exiling everything from it prevents mass recursion. Also, your opponents can target this with removal and you'll never get your stuff back. I'd probably just play Haunting Voyage, Patriarch's Bidding, and Living Death to get your goodies back for more fun!
2) Twinblade Assassins He does draw cards, and is probably at least as good as Phyrexian Arena while he lives. So you might keep him, but he costs 5cmc, so if you have enough card draw you might want to cut him.
4) Nullmage Shepherd This can allow us to remove problematic stuff. But tapping four elves is a bigger cost than we often want to pay. Something to think on.
5) Sylvan Messenger Again, this card does get us some draw, much like Lead the Stampede which I used to play does. I've just never found it good enough to include though. Nonetheless, you want at least ten pieces of draw, and this does count as that!
6) Eyeblight Massacre This will kill a lot of stuff, but will often leave what you most need to kill alive. Ezuri's Predation is a recently reprinted board wipe that is now more affordable and will wreck your opponents while leaving your stuff intact. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind cost a 25 cents each and will hose everyone but you, and because you are playing elves you can afford their cmc!
7) Ruthless Winnower Having played against this card I can attest that it is annoying, but your opponents will often kill it before it can have too much impact. If it were a lower cmc it would be a guaranteed in, at least it will take the heat off of more important cards. It is high at 5cmc though. Keeping it might be the right choice, but I'd at least consider it.
2 years ago
Urth_drgn219 Vicious Shadows is my control hate, it is a great tutor card if everyone has a scary board. I like Sarkhan Vol a lot and will get a copy eventually but I've used Xenagos, the Reveler in that role for a while and he works great. Im not the biggest fan of Vraska, Relic Seeker as she just ends up being awkward removal most games. I have Phyrexian Arena in other decks but I like Fecundity better in this deck. Eternal Witness is just a better Golgari Findbroker too. Thank you for the suggestions!
2 years ago
If you want to make it more competitive, it might not be sexy, but the first and most important thing imo ist to lower the mana curve: For every card, ask yourself if a cheaper card exists that does about the same.
1-Mana Mana Dorks over more expensive stuff. they also fuel Meren really early, which really gets her going
Golgari Findbroker - too expensive. Meren does, that already
Zulaport Cutthroat - the deck doesn't look like it wins via this, so you don't need it
Blood Artist - same
Syr Konrad, the Grim - same - maybe I underestimate the chip damage from these but I really dislike these Cards, because the don't do anything unless they stay araound for a long time. If you only deal 20 damage to the table with blood artist style cards, which seems generous, you still don't win.
I would rather have a more reliable win condition, a combo to end the game asap or a really powerful value engine, that gives you the staying power, paired with a bit of stax, Mindslicer comes to mind, while you get some kind of beatdown (I like Creakwood Liege , Craterhoof Behemoth with a bit of a board also kill one to two people quite quick) or stuff like a few Kokusho, the Evening Star or Gray Merchant of Asphodel triggers.
Nature's Claim - my pet card
3 years ago
I would personally run Nethroi, Apex of Death. Nethroi has lifelink which can be fun to pump up with auras, but Nethroi's reanimate ability can be seriously powerful at enchantment reanimation if you build your deck right.
Auramancer, Griffin Dreamfinder, Monk Idealist, Restoration Specialist, Trusty Retriever, Acolyte of Affliction, Golgari Findbroker, Lurrus of the Dream-Den, Eternal Witness, Felidar Guardian. These make excellent targets to recur enchantments and auras with as you could recur 4 to 5 enchantments every time Nethroi mutates.
Do keep in mind a few card draw enchantment creatures also have 0 power making them free to reanimate too. Creatures like: Argothian Enchantress, Mesa Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Kor Spiritdancer.
Also if you run out of enchantments to recur I'd recommend running these enchantments as they're easy to both put into the graveyard and obtain value off of them which is what will make this strategy even stronger: Sinister Concoction, Seal of Primordium, Seal of Cleansing, Soul Snare, Weight of Conscience, Aura of Silence, Font of Fertility, Sterling Grove and Unbridled Growth. Sigil of the Nayan Gods and Cast Out also work if you only intend to cycle them.