|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Siren of the Fanged Coast
Creature — Siren
FlyingTribute 3When Siren of the Fanged Coast enters the battlefield, if tribute wasn't paid, gain control of target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Siren of the Fanged Coast Discussion
8 months ago
I would say that it's definitely worth it to run Cyclonic Rift since it's in your colors. It's a powerful card in EDH and if you're using it, chances are you have bigger problems than taking 6 dmg from Ruric Thar, the Unbowed.
Stingscourger is a good way to get color-shifted effects to make your deck less blue-heavy if you need. (I would just not pay it's echo)
Cytoplast Manipulator is just evil against that deck..
in fact, you may consider just running some creature steal or copy so you profit off of your opponents' creatures!
things like Faerie Artisans, Gilded Drake, Siren of the Fanged Coast, Sower of Temptation, Beguiler of Wills, Callous Oppressor, Charisma, Empress Galina, Frenzied Fugue, Illusory Gains, Roil Elemental, Rootwater Matriarch, Seasinger, Tolarian Entrancer, and Willbreaker are some great removal! Why kill artaxa or any creature really if you can just take it and make them use their removal on it if they want it back??
1 year ago
- Acquire seems more flavorful than Knowledge Exploitation and Bribery, although the latter is a great card.
- Blatant Thievery would be a great addition.
- Aura Thief might be a little off-flavor considering Tezz focused on artifacts, but could be pretty strong.
- Corrupted Conscience is a great way to quickly kill people with their own bombs.
- Illusory Gains screws around with peoples' turns, and makes it hard for them to resolve their bombs.
- Volition Reins is a second planeswalker stealing Confiscate.
Vedalken Shackles if you can get away with it.
Siren of the Fanged Coast unfortunately names a location in Theros, but luckily it is an easy cut on account of it being awful.
- I'd cut Isochron Scepter, as it only has a single possible imprint target in the whole deck.
- Might want to rethink Torpor Orb as it negates half of your creatures' abilities
- Carry Away and Grip of Phyresis will probably be dead in your hand most of the time since we're playing planeswalkers and no one will be running Voltron.
- Dark Intimations is off color
- Throne of Empires is hella off-flavor, and the whole trifecta is really loose, just to get an active Crown of Empires
- Fold into AEther, I don't get it. Are we hoping that they don't have a creature in their hand? Or are we planning on using it on a teammate to summon a big creature at the cost of two extra cards?
- Seems to be a tap-down sub-theme in here which might need to be cut in favor of more lands. General rule for lands is 40 - (X/2) where X = the number of ramping spells/artifacts.
- You also have 2 Paradox Engine and 2 Confiscation Coup
1 year ago
Control Magic, Empress Galina, Merieke Ri Berit, Bribery, Mindslaver, Aladdin, Aura Graft, Beguiler of Wills, Blatant Thievery, CoMManDeR, Cytoplast Manipulator, Dominate, Dragonlord Silumgar, Emrakul, the Promised End, Evangelize, Exert Influence, Govern the Guildless, Helm of Possession, Keiga, the Tide Star, Bringer of the Red Dawn, + + , Gilt-Leaf Archdruid, Herald of Leshrac, Infernal Denizen, + , Kukemssa Pirates, Memnarch, Might Makes Right, Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, Old Man of the Sea, Olivia Voldaren, Orcish Squatters, Peer Pressure, Preacher, Rubinia Soulsinger, Siren of the Fanged Coast, Sower of Temptation, Thalakos Deceiver, Willbreaker, Willow Satyr. Pick and choose what you like then add tutors to put your combo pieces and answers together. Also, add + for extra protection.
1 year ago
Need to remove Disowned Ancestor from the list.
1 year ago
I don't know if it's because you want to make it budget (if that's the case, well done! 60$ is pretty good budget for a commander) but there's a LOT of cards that could be switched.
Let's start with creatures (and to switch to better alternatives) :
Now, let's continue with non-creature spells :
I'd remove Culling Mark, Epic Confrontation, Hunt the Weak, Incremental Growth, Predatory Rampage, Wild Instincts, Mutant's Prey, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Sheltered Aerie, Verdant Haven and Slip Through Space.
That makes 11 cards to add some kind of removal effects that are better than ''target creature fights another target crature'' because a Pacifism effect can screw you over.
I'd suggest some of these cards : Beast Within, Krosan Grip, Disperse, Cyclonic Rift, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Kiora's Follower (Untap your commander to double the effect!), Kiora, Master of the Depths, Boomerang, Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Garruk, Caller of Beasts, Capsize, Vapor Snag, Into the Roil, Repeal...
If you want some more suggestions, i'd be glad to help.