|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Cat
: Monstrosity 1. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put a +1/+1 counter on it and it becomes monstrous.)
As long as Fleecemane Lion is monstrous, it has hexproof and indestructible.
Fleecemane Lion Discussion
3 weeks ago
@ jesmister ... "just some creatures that don't have too much value"
- Kitchen Finks = one of the best value cards out there
- Wilt-Leaf Liege = gives just about all my creatures +2/+2 while also being a 4/4 with discard protection? solid.
- Dryad Militant = graveyard hate and solid aggro value at 1 CMC
- Emmara, Soul of the Accord = get a 1/1 creature w/ lifelink every time she taps? yes please
- Qasali Pridemage = exalted, enchantment/artifact hate ability which always comes in handy
- Voice of Resurgence = restricts opponents on my turn, comes back as a creature (usually much bigger)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar = great card to get out on turn 3, helps restrict opponent in the early game
- Scavenging Ooze = more graveyard hate, lifegain, gets big
- Knight of the Reliquary = mana fixer, gets big
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben = nuff said
- Knight of Autumn = great utility card
- Rancor = one of the best 1-drop auras in the game
- Path to Exile = arguably the best value-kill spell in the game
- Fleecemane Lion = doesn't wow, but 3/3 for 2 CMC with a late-game ability that gets full +2/+2 buff is solid
I've play-tested with other cards like Eternal Witness , Collected Company , Loxodon Smiter , and Birds of Paradise just to name a few, but currently am content with where this deck is at and how it fares in competition.
If you can't see any sort of value in this deck I'd recommend getting your eyes checked, or at least turning your brain on before posting another clueless comment like that :)
2 months ago
Haha no way! Ok well in that case...
Anax and Cymede could be Helen and Paris
Battlewise Hoplite for Hector of Troy
Kytheon's Irregulars as the Argonauts or the Myrmidons
Fleecemane Lion is totally the Nemean Lion
Hero of Iroas is Hercules. Just look at the artwork!
Impetuous Sunchaser is obviously Icarus
King Macar, the Gold-Cursed is King Midas
That's all I can think of for now. What a cool concept. Let me know what you think!
2 months ago
Thanks for your continued help and opinions,
2 months ago
Thanks for another comment. I'll take your advice and leave Path in for my only removal. I'll make the switch between Vines of Vastwood and Asceticism . What are your thoughts on adding in some Rhonas the Indomitable or Fleecemane Lion instead of the Cavalier?
4 months ago
Maybe consider running
? You could also consider
instead of the 1x
, and maybe instead of a few of the
s to reduce the likelihood that you'll need to fetch + shock for a red source you won't properly use.
is another powerful cat, and
could even maybe find a place in this list.
Since your curve tops out at 4x a 5 drop, I'd also suggest trimming 2-3 lands.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and have fun!
5 months ago
While I usually play with faster cost-effective setups I did tested a lot with something like this list, let me give you my impressions.
First, if you can find more copies of these cards you should run 4 of Qasali Pridemage , Loxodon Smiter , Wilt-Leaf Liege , Fleecemane Lion . These are the core cards that win the game, should max them out.
Second, you definietly want more creatures total. About 28-30 is nice and consistent, any fewer and you won't be able to keep a decent fighting force on the field. Add cheap common creatures like Llanowar Elves and 2 more Steward of Valeron to gain mana faster. Maybe a few heavy hitters like 1 more Oversoul of Dusk or Wolfir Silverheart . Or if you can find some of these Kitchen Finks Knight of Autumn Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers .
Third, too many basic lands. With that many same color sources it will be harder to cast the multicolored spells. Many games live or die by the stability of the mana base. The obvious but very pricey choice is Windswept Heath wich is nice with Knight of the Reliquary , or Temple Garden . Cheaper alternatives are Sunpetal Grove and Canopy Vista , cheapest is Selesnya Guildgate . Whatever you pick, you need more color stability.
2 more Dromoka's Command would be nice too, filling the removal/defense slot. Shapers' Sanctuary will often be a dead card if you opponent doesn't target your creatures, you could replace it with 2 more Shield of the Oversoul .
You don't need to go big money to make a nice Selesnya Midrange get competitive.
5 months ago
Good article as always!
Fleecemane Lion occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%