Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Cat
: Monstrosity 1. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put a +1/+1 counter on this and this becomes monstrous.)
As long as this is monstrous, this has hexproof and indestructible.
Aizea on Bogles Remix
1 week ago
wallisface Thank you for your feedback on this deck! I'm new to modern and still learning a lot.
- The reason I titled this deck as "remix" is because it isn't a normal bogles deck. I have ordered a playset of Gladecover Scout and agree they do have a place in the deck, but want to test them out first to see how they would best fit.
- Witchstalker and Loxodon Smiter are in the deck because my local meta has a lot of blue/black decks with lots of counter and discard. Witchstalker still is a bit too slow so it is a good contender to be replaced by Gladecover Scout
- Fleecemane Lion is also slow to get hexproof and indestructible, but it is good against other aggro decks or decks that ramp and put out big creatures quickly. Its more of a flexibility option if my opponent isn't running heavy removal.
- Gods Willing is another flexibility option for me personally because it can protect Fleecemane Lion and Loxodon Smiter, but it also is good for winning the game by making sure the opponent cant block. For example, even with trample if they have a 5/5 on the board that's 5 less damage im doing because they blocked. It also helps me win a trade if its necessary. If I'm blocking a creature that would kill my hexproof creature it instead does no damage to my creature.
- I am looking at other enchantments to include in the deck. I think Gryff's Boon would be a good addition because it gives flying. I also like Sentinel's Eyes as an option.
- As for the 3-drops: as stated previously Witchstalker can be traded out. Unflinching Courage is worth it in my opinion because it gives so much. The lifelink and +2/+2 are just all around good effects for the deck. Loxodon Smiter as stated previously is something specific for my local meta, which has a ton of counter cards.
- Ajani is in the deck mostly because this deck was made of cards I had on hand after playing standard for a few years in 2013. The flying and double strike ability is nice and has been a game winner several times in these past couple weeks I've been playing. Definitely open to taking him out!
Thank you again for your feedback and taking the time to offer advice
wallisface on Bogles Remix
1 week ago
normal bogle decks generally rely on Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle. While Bassara Tower Archer might be kindof ok, Witchstalker is waay too slow, and both Fleecemane Lion and Loxodon Smiter have no kind of protection to justify them being here.
the main point of a bogles deck is that the opponent has no easy way to interact with your board. If you have to run Gods Willing, you’re doing it wrong.
you probably want a LOT more enchantments to make use of Ethereal Armor, as well as secure a quick win. Bogles deck generally want the game to be over by turn 4-5, because the strategy becomes increasingly weaker as the opponents board-state develops.
I think you probably want to try to lower your mana curve a bit. You’ve got a lot of 3-drops in the deck for what is traditionally a hyper-aggressive archetype.
Why is Ajani here?
legendofa on Is Monstrous a retained effect …
5 months ago
Delphen7 As I understand the answer, yes, Volrath would have hexproof. Once it gets Monstrous, it keeps that status and gets whatever abilities might come with it. It if somehow turned into a Fleecemane Lion later, Volrath would get indestructible and hexproof as soon as it becomes a copy of the Lion (assuming it never leaves the battlefield).
Gidgetimer on Do Monstrous effects count as …
8 months ago
Fleecemane Lion doesn't have the key word abilities hexproof and indestructible. It has an ability that grants those abilities. So, Kathril, Aspect Warper will not distribute counters from it.
The same is true for things that will have a keyword ability from an unconditional static ability at all times when they are on the battlefield. The Archetypes (Archetype of Endurance, Archetype of Finality, Archetype of Courage) do not have keyword abilities to distribute the keyword counters from.
BishopAtavist on Do Monstrous effects count as …
8 months ago
I'm building a deck that incorporates Kathril, Aspect Warper and I'm wondering, if Fleecemane Lion is in my graveyard, would I be able to distribute counters for hexproof and indestructible since his card has that ability when monstrous?
Sammycy1 on Equip/Aura Galea
1 year ago
Hey nice deck! The way i see it you can focus more one one direction of this deck and use the other for support: either auras or equipment. Aura Focus: Add: Archon of Sun's Grace Ashiok's Erasure Boon Satyr Copy Enchantment Curiosity Darksteel Mutation Dissipation Field Hydra's Growth Gift of Paradise Hypnotic Siren Ichthyomorphosis Idyllic Tutor Kenrith's Transformation Plea for Guidance Psychic Impetus Unflinching Courage
Remove: Masterwork of Ingenuity Puresteel Paladin Explorer's Scope Indomitable Archangel Catti-brie of Mithral Hall Resolute Archangel Valiant Endeavor Serum Visions Brainstorm Angelic Gift Unsettled Mariner Cold-Eyed Selkie Military Intelligence
Equipment Focus: Add: Balan, Wandering Knight Behemoth Sledge Belt of Giant Strength Golem-Skin Gauntlets Kemba, Kha Regent Mask of Memory Mirrormade Paradise Mantle Prying Blade Quest for the Holy Relic Whispersilk Cloak
Remove: Resolute Archangel Ajani's Chosen Valiant Endeavor Gryff's Boon Angelic Gift Unsettled Mariner Military Intelligence Cold-Eyed Selkie Serum Visions Brainstorm Explorer's Scope Indomitable Archangel
And if you dont want to focus on one this would be a more Varied apporach incorporating a little from both Both Focus: Add: Fleecemane Lion Geist of Saint Traft Kiora's Follower Mirrormade Spirit Mantle Staggering Insight Utopia Sprawl Curiosity Beast Within Archon of Sun's Grace Curiosity Darksteel Mutation Dissipation Field Idyllic Tutor Unflinching Courage Behemoth Sledge Kemba, Kha Regent Mirrormade Quest for the Holy Relic Whispersilk Cloak Kenrith's Transformation
Remove: Resolute Archangel Ajani's Chosen Valiant Endeavor Gryff's Boon Angelic Gift Unsettled Mariner Military Intelligence Cold-Eyed Selkie Serum Visions Brainstorm Explorer's Scope Indomitable Archangel Abundant Growth Goldvein Pick Cream of the Crop Three Dreams
1 year ago
I have exactly zero experience with Pioneer, but I like what you're doing here from a commander perspective!
Since I have such little knowledge of the format, you ought to take all my suggestions with several grains of salt; but here's what I've got:
I wonder if Fleecemane Lion is worthy of a playset--would a Kargan Intimidator (can give Pelt Collector trample!), or Adorned Pouncer (also a cat lol, and works well w/Ghor-Clan Rampager) be a worthy replacement?
Speaking of Ghor-Clan Rampager (albeit the first mention was parenthetical, but surely it counts!), I don't love it as a 4-of--so much mana, even if it can be activated for cheaper. A few Collected Company could reeeaally help give this deck some gas, and that seems like it would take the same slot given mana cost.
Glad to see people playing non-commander formats, it can get a little stale with just that sometimes ;3
Named_Tawyny on Can I skip my combat …
1 year ago
Additionally if you have an end the turn effect (eg Sundial of the Infinite) you would also be able to skip your combat step, and not give your Fleecemane Lion +3/+3.
But yes, as Gidgetimer mentioned, unless you're getting into shenanigans, you will go through a combat step every turn, regardless of if you want to or not.
|Want (2)||Cswame , qao50|