|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Blessing of the Nephilim
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each of its colors.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Blessing of the Nephilim Discussion
8 months ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
8 months ago
I'm a bit confused about your post, in that I'm not sure if you're asking or suggesting at times :D
If you're just wondering about my thought processes on building this list, then you're pretty much on the same page. The reason this is strictly all multicolored is that I have so many cards that require it, 4x Pillar of the Paruns, 14x Blades, 4x Knight of New Alara, 2x Demand, amounting a whopping 24 multicolored required interactions. Thats why theres no Blessing of the Nephilim etc.. Behemoth Sledges main purpose is to be played t3 after a turn 2 blade, as it buffs the blade before equipping and later in game it's good in grindier games to keep me alive or push dmg through for lethal.
I generally never have mana up on my opponents turns, except for the Charm, if game 2-3 I know my opponent is sporting clears, as you guessed.
I don't honestly know what are my biggest problem archetypes, as I haven't had that much time to playtest. So far in "Just for Fun" ladder of mtgo, I've had around 50% rate, but that doesnt tell much as theres a lot of experimental builds amidst the higher tier lists.
I'm honored to have impacted your deck of choise in joining modern, but there are a lot better decks for the same price range if you are serious about results. If you still do pick it up and modify the list, let me know what you're changing and post some results from actual FNMs, as I'm really interested in how this would fare outside of casual environment.
1 year ago
I've got both Thalias and Blind Obedience, as well.
I think generally, I've got a bit of a lower curve, so Gaddock Teeg would turn off less of the deck. I wouldn't know what to cut for the Cartouche. I run Madcap Skills, but not Angelic Destiny, Runes of the Deus, Holy Mantle, Gift of Immortality, or Ghostly Prison, preferring instead to run stuff like Snake Umbra, Keen Sense, Ancestral Mask, Blessing of the Nephilim, etc.
1 year ago
1 year ago
I rean a lower cost aggro variant of this- relying on Shield of the Oversoul, Clout of the Dominus and Steel of the Godhead with Civic Saber and Blessing of the Nephilim to pump up, and Zur the Enchanter as a one-of. Curved into mantis rider and Lightning Angels where the shroud could really shine. Sedraxis Specter deserves a look as a resilient and powerful threat, and Skyrider Elf is both cheap and big without knights. Hide/Seek is a really powerful tool. I ran Shifting Sky for a while as a mixed pump with Guildscorn Ward, but it isn't great.
1 year ago
Shock and Pharika's Cure are not effective cards in EDH. Swords to Plowshares and Utter End are better single target removal. Liberating Combustion and Chandra, Pyrogenius also aren't your best options.
Wraths are not only staples in EDH, but also work really well with Zurgo, so having only Wrath of God is too few. Day of Judgment is 95% as good. Blasphemous Act is often better. Chandra's Ignition will wipe the opponents' fields, damage them, and put a bunch of counters on Zurgo.
Zurgo already has haste, so Cobbled Wings or Kitesail might outperform Fleetfeather Sandles. Gift of Orzhova will keep you healthy. First strike doesn't matter much for Zurgo so Chariot of Victory is a suboptimal way of gaining trample. Try Whispersilk Cloak to get perfect evasion and protection from targeted removal. Strata Scythe really isn't meant for three color decks. Marble Diamond is worse than a Boros Signet, I would recommend all three in your colors.
44 lands is a lot; average Zurgo deck has 37. Karoo is bad, much worse than Orzhov Basilica. Use Rakdos Carnarium too. If you have Terramorphic Expanse, might as well use Evolving Wilds. Rather than Drifting Meadow, use the black and red one-mana cyclers. No need for Boros Guildgate when there are still more scry-lands and life-lands to use. Radiant Fountain doesn't provide enough compensation for being colorless in a three color deck with no lifegain theme. Reduce the number of basics to get to at most 40 lands (probably fewer since you have quite a few mana rocks), and replace some basics with vivid lands if needed to cover your color requirements.
You are right to think of removing Lightning Shrieker, it works really poorly with equipment and even worse with auras. Kari Zev is sort of a random choice, what is your intention with her?
Aspect of Gorgon is not your best choice, Zurgo has no need for deathtouch. Edge of the Divinity and Blessing of the Nephilim cost 2 less and give two more power. Marked by Honor is just worse than Vow of Duty. Burning Anger is really slow. Open the Armory is a great tutor with this many equipments and auras.
There's absolutely no card draw here. Black has plenty of good options.