|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Part the Waterveil
Take an extra turn after this one. Exile Part the Waterveil.
Awaken 6— (If you cast this spell for , also put six +1/+1 counters on target land you control and it becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature with haste. It's still a land.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||NOGzFTW , MTG1814 , capriom85 , GoldGhost012 , BlueMageBrandon , Kvothe1115 , voidruby , Borg0th , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Paradise_Collectibles , Vergil_Redgrail , philktoken8998 , cklise , Nemesis , cryptoplasm , Swamy , clayperce , Lucretian , rebelteddybear|
|Want (2)||Hootiequack , RudyFromTexas|
Part the Waterveil Discussion
2 days ago
megaPisces13 The cards I took out are these:
Gigantoplasm, Broodbirth Viper, Illusory Ambusher, Lone Revenant, Warchief Giant Goblin Electromancer, Charmbreaker Devils, Arjun, the Shifting Flame <-(Might be worth keeping), Etherium-Horn Sorcerer, Melek, Izzet Paragon, Dragon Mage.
Echoing Truth, Desperate Ravings, Reins of Power, Steam Augury, Word of Seizing, Aethersnatch, Magmaquake, Act of Aggression, DominateFor artifacts its a toss up, but I got rid of Seal of the Guildpact.
Get rid of all three enchantments.
I'll just put this is as a block text. Dig Through Time, Pieces of the Puzzle, Void Shatter, Swiftfoot Boots (or Lightning Greaves, if you prefer, thought you can go with both), Whispers of the Muse, Mystical Tutor, Part the Waterveil, Scour from Existence, Commit / Memory, Desolate Lighthouse, Cyclonic Rift, Tezzeret's Gambit, Mirrorpool, Disallow, Insidious Will, Shivan Reef, Spirebluff Canal, Metallurgic Summonings, Temple of Epiphany, Reiterate, Past in Flames, Learn from the Past, Meekstone, Epiphany at the Drownyard, Ponder, Merchant Scroll, Blasphemous Act, Mnemonic Nexus, Treasure Cruise, Guttersnipe, The Locust God, Wheel of Fate, Reforge the Soul, Sky Diamond, Expropriate, Insurrection, Caldera Lake, Halimar Depths
If you want some other upgrades to make this deck truly yours, you can go to EDHRec (https://edhrec.com/commanders/mizzix-of-the-izmagnus) to see what else you want to do. My deck is by no means the end all be all of upgrades. Keep it fun and make it work for you. :)
4 days ago
I both like and hate your style. I think you should have cards like Part the Waterveil, so they can be like "Do I get to take my turn now?" and you can be like "nope".
6 days ago
6 days ago
I love it! I think you could still cut the Part the Waterveils because They are very high CMC for modern but I would play test a couple times. :)
1 week ago
So I was playing this deck all day on XMage.
Really fun. Really difficult to pilot at first. Actually requires you to think.
Played against a lot of aggro today too... I guess that's a thing now... or maybe just a coincidence.
But yeah... I started casting three Awakened Part the Waterveil on turn 5...
soooo... yeah. If you like decks that may or may not win but are a lot of fun to learn and pilot, check this out.
It plays Splendid Reclamation, if that helps matters.
4 weeks ago
I ran this out late night, and went 3-2. I'm no pro, having won the "Worst Magic Player" award in 1994 & 2015.
I wasn't ran over by aggro in my losses, but the lack of interaction early did allow my opponents to set up their combo pieces for some frustrating mid-game losses...because I was soooooooo close to a pay off!
Having 9-11 lands on the battlefield by turn 4 wasn't uncommon, but I most of the time I felt like I wasn't ramping into anything because I'd have no real action in hand. I'm thinking that a couple of Pull from Tomorrows would help out with that, or maybe some Censors for early control and/or cycling.
I never had the chance to cast either Coax from the Blind Eternities, Rise from the Tides, nor Sphinx of the Final Word. My wins came from awakening Part the Waterveil, Crush of Tentacles, and some massive 14+ damage Burn from Withins.
Five games is a very small sample size, but hopefully the feedback helps tune this deck up. :)
1 month ago
Hands down this is my favorite of all the decks you've done! I love playing Mizzix, but she can draw a lot of hate. Your deck takes all of the stuff I love from Mizzix and puts it in a less suspicious shell. I figured I'd throw out a few of my favorties from my own experiences, although not all of these are budget options.
- Turnabout - helps power-up your experiment by untapping your lands
- Past in Flames - why return Epic Exp to your hand when you can just cast it from the GY?
- Capsize - spells with buyback work great with Epic Exp
- Mizzix's Mastery - incredible useful as long as Epic Exp is NOT in your GY
- Mystic Confluence - not budget, but fantastic utility card
- Part the Waterveil - you can't awaken it off Epic Exp but it's still a free extra turn
- Walk the Aeons - extra turn, and with all your fetching you might have the islands to buy it back
- Firemind's Foresight - a severely underrated tutor, especially with the amount of ramp at your disposal. I'd recommend fetching Swan Song for protection, Epic Exp, and Reiterate for the payoff.
- Snap - if you hit it with Epic Exp then you get free mana!
- High Tide - I dont think there are enough islands in here to justify it, but it's really sweet with some of the untap effects
- Sphinx of the Final Word - meta-dependent, can help make sure your Epic Exp doesn't get countered
- Pyromancer's Goggles - great way to copy your Epic Exp, and it's just a great card to own in general
- As Foretold - I'm not sure if it's great in this deck, but it DOES let you cast spells for free, which means you have extra mana available for the Epic Exp
- Isochron Scepter - so many good targets for this one
- Dissipation Field - helpful defensive tech
- Everflowing Chalice - Pairs really well with Kruphix to power-up your Epic Experiments
1 month ago
Hi Purple_Mage thanks for the comment and +1! That's a really good suggestion with the Part the Waterveil and I'll try play testing with it. I'm trying to keep this deck as rotation proof as possible (fingers crossed for a solid replacement to Fevered Visions) but that wouldn't be a large investment to test out.
Thanks again for the suggestion.