|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
Whenever you play an enchantment spell, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
Celestial Ancient Discussion
1 month ago
Hell yeah! Another heroics deck! I have one too but Daxos the Returned commands mine, same idea tho.
Some creatures that I don't see here that could benefit the deck are Celestial Ancient , Danitha Capashen, Paragon Dawnbringer Charioteers , Graceblade Artisan , Lagonna-Band Trailblazer , Sram, Senior Edificer , Wingsteed Rider , Umbra Mystic and my personal favorite Thran Golem .
Some enchantments I really like in my deck are Celestial Mantle , Daybreak Coronet , Divine Favor , Face of Divinity , Griffin Guide , Hope Against Hope , On Serra's Wings Angelic Destiny and Bonds of Faith can go offensive or defensive. You should look into some umbras like Felidar Umbra and Hyena Umbra .
I realize I've only suggested white cards but that's the only overlapping color our decks share.
Sorry to spam this comment with so much but I got excited. I love the heroic mechanic and I'm glad to see other people utilizing it. A big enchanted +1 from me!
3 months ago
Hey, you seem to be running a good amount of enchantments and cards like Sterling Grove , along with token doublers... Have you thought about leaning a littler heavier into enchantments while running things like Sigil of the Empty Throne , Celestial Ancient , Herald of the Pantheon , Privileged Position , Ghostly Prison , Sun Titan , etc?
You could even run Vernal Equinox for some fun :D
4 months ago
I don't like Phyrexian Rebirth , Martial Coup , Bant Charm , and honestly most of your creature base. Shalai, Voice of Plenty Nylea's Colossus Archetype of Courage Loyal Guardian Celestial Ancient and Yavimaya Enchantress seem pretty bad in particular. I dont understand the +1/+1 theme you have here, you only have 20 creatures.
I would add Crush Contraband and or Return to Dust . Beast Within and Swords to Plowshares are also no brainers. Three Dreams is another solid one, it can search for pumps like Eldrazi Conscription and even pseudo-removal like Control Magic or Faith's Fetters
7 months ago
I like the overall idea of the deck, in fact I currently work on kind of a similar idea. Kitsune Mystic is a really sweet addition indeed since not only you can basically use it for moving around hexproof\shroud, but also for moving combat enchantments mid-combat on an unblocked creature, basically turning it into a 1-mana combat trick. However, I`d like to give couple of improvement suggestions.
1) The mana base is only 33 cards, which is extremely low. Such a scarcity of lands should have a solid reasoning, like a really solid one, for instance a ramp on the stick in form of the commander. The average agreed-upon amount is 37-38, and I do not see why this deck should be an exclusion.
2) Following up the mana base argument, I would suggest working on a ramp package, which is basically non-existing in a current version of the deck, and those cards that do ramp you are either conditional (like One with Nature ) or sub-par ( Utopia Vow ). Kestia is in , so not running ramp is a crime against humanity. I would include at least 7 more ramp cards, especially 2-mana ones, like Rampant Growth , Sakura-Tribe Elder and Farseek . Ramp and better mana base provide much more consistency, and this deck is already very good with draw, so it just needs to have better chances to play the cards it has drawn. Also, just put Sol Ring in there. You would never regret it. It`s just too good.
3) The deck is overkill on creatures and enchantments. Now if the enchantments are not that much for a problem since the whole deck is built around them, and usually a deck should have around 30 cards of which it is themed around, the amount of creatures can be decreased. Now which of these should be cut is completely up to you, but in my opinion: - most of the bestow creatures are not as effective as you would want them to be. Most of them are either just sub-par cards ( Boon Satyr ) or just overpriced copies of enchantments that you already have in the deck (i. e. Hopeful Eidolon Ghostblade Eidolon Hypnotic Siren ); - Nylea's Colossus , although being a really sweet card, seems unreliable. 7 mana in a deck with virtually no ramp is just so far into the future, and you have to spend your whole turn to cast it. Plus, you already have a lot of enchantments, so pumping a dude to lethal numbers should be pretty easy already; - Celestial Ancient seems to lack synergy with the deck as a whole. I can see only 3 token producers and a Starfield of Nyx , which, by the way, is also a controversial inclusion since many enchantments in the deck are auras.
4) I would also try and squeeze in more unconditional removal. I see you have most of your removal in form of Pacifism type enchantments, that have better synergy with enchantresses, however I would argue that since you have so many enchantress type effects and enchantments in general that those cards can be swapped for more reliable and consistent removal like SWORDS TO PLOWSHARES Path to Exile and Return to dust. Also I`d also include couple more board wipes because they are basically your safety nets if you fall behind in the game. One sweet thing you can actually do is to include Calming Verse , Aura Thief and Cleansing Meditation , cast one of these along with Enchanted Evening and basically watch your opponents scoop as they lose all their stuff.
I have a lot more tunings to suggest, but they become much too subjective from here, so yeah, there you go.
8 months ago
We really like your deck. We're not sure if you're on a budget, so please forgive us if some of our suggestions lay outside the range you're willing to spend:
- Underworld Dreams; we've included this in our Daxos deck, because we're facing lots of blue- and black decks in our playgroups that rely on drawing lots of cards in order to filter for wincons. This card really hurts such strategies.
- No Mercy; makes attacking you a very daunting proposition.
- Rule of Law; stops combo decks right in their tracks.
- Extinguish All Hope; not cheap to cast, but no one-sided boardwipe is.
- Idyllic Tutor; wonderful tutor in a deck like this.
- Aegis of the Gods; nice, cheap way to give yourself hexproof.
- Celestial Ancient; great way to spice up the tokens you get from Daxos.
Hope any of this helps. Please check out our Daxos deck for any other ideas. Have fun brewing and playing.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
9 months ago
Then I'd look at your auras, you probably don't need a ton to get a lot of value from your commander: Empyrial Storm, Phyrexian Rebirth, Angelic Chorus, Epic Proportions, Ground Seal, Myth Unbound, Octopus Umbra, Spawning Grounds, Vow of Flight.
11 months ago
11 months ago
Celestial Ancient occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%