|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Invocation of Saint Traft
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature has "Whenever this creature attacks, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Exile that token at the end of combat."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||Mousemke , the.beanpole , firemind12 , Nemesis , Falte , Lindough , DrPopular , GoldGhost012 , KB2187 , Wolfninja , rockleemyhero , Regulus1010 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , GeminiSpartanX , Spinalripper , philktoken8998 , thetechzombie , Va1mar , jhTheMan99 , saj0219|
Invocation of Saint Traft Discussion
3 days ago
I broke out my GST deck and looked again at this.Am just curious:
Wall of Denial is a solid blocker in this format, but as I was thinking about it, it kinda forces your opponent not to attack pointlessly into it, and a lot of folks will keep blockers up just to dissuade you from attacking with GST himself. I feel like more evasion is needed, be it something like Invisibility for unblockability, Stratus Walk to fly over, or Ghostly Touch/Niblis of the Breath or any tap effect. Thus, New Prahv Guildmage can fill two of those effects.
Spear of Heliod gives anthem and plays a little defense.
Cards I'm not sure of: Chasm Skulker feels unsynergistic without extra draw effects and a token theme with Phantom General or something. -- Thalia's Lieutenant is okay with a few other humans, but would feel better with a more widespread theme to support it. I see the Strionic Resonator, but every deck I know carries removal for just such a creature. -- Is Call to Mind really good with only four other inst/sorcs in the deck? -- I haven't played with Burnished Hart, but sinking 6 mana into the effect feels questionable to me?
3 days ago
6 days ago
Maybe put more tokens
Also add more rewards for hitting
1 week ago
1 week ago
Leonin Shikari maybe? She helps you throw around your equipment, especially useful with the Puresteel Paladin. Geist of Saint Traft, Moonsilver Spear and Invocation of Saint Traft could help you build outwards so you have other options. Remember the tokens produced from Anointed Procession linger even if produced from the Traft cards. Reef Worm also goes off with that last option.At the very least I don't ask you to forget your voltron heritage, just maybe add a little more to what is there
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Surprised to not see Anointed Procession... Otherwise this is my kinda deck! If you can bring yourself to splash blue, Amonkhet will also give you Aven Wind Guide, and Invocation of Saint Traft will give you a temp angel (or more than one if you have a token doubler). Flying Elephants that spawn angels seem too good to pass up!
3 weeks ago
If you're thinking of Spirits, check this out:
For your deck as-is right now, I'd suggest the following:
- 4 Drogskol Captain and 4 Spell Queller seem like must-haves. The 2 Sky Spirits aren't really doing anything.
- Mausoleum Wanderer and Rattlechains are 2 reasons to play Spirits in Modern. Mausoleum Wanderer is particularly brutal because of how much damage Spectral Procession does when it gives Mausoleum Wanderer +3/+3.
- Consider Figure of Destiny to fill out the rest of your 1-drop slots. You can level it at instant speed into a 2/2 spirit for . It gives you a mana dump at the end of each of your opponent's turns.
- Spell Pierce is okay, but not 4-copies-good. Against Zoo variants, Rock decks, Collected Company, etc. this can be a dead card a lot of the time. I'd actually suggest moving them to the sideboard and then playing a plethora of hard counters that are lower mana cost. Spell Snare, Negate, Dispel, and Stubborn Denial are all going to be far more useful because they scale late into the game and don't leave your opponent the option of paying mana.
- Remand is another card I'd suggest. In combination with Vapor Snag and your removal, you can just tempo people out of the game.
- To find room for these extra cards, cut Invocation of Saint Traft and Mirror Mockery. They're just begging to get you 2-for-1'd. More importantly, they're cast at sorcery speed. You won't ever need to tap out until your opponent's end step because you have Rattlechains and Spell Queller.
For your sideboard, I'd suggest something like: