Escalate - Tap an untapped creature you control.
Choose one or more - Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater. Destroy target enchantment* Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature target player controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Nemesis , Tribor , AlertKnave8075 , ZombieFood , asinausk , golgarigirl , Nebman227 , Falte , DevoidMage , jhTheMan99 , Spinalripper , GoldGhost012|
Collective Effort Discussion
4 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
4 days ago
Add the Bloodlust Inciter (link does not work) to the deck for faster actions on creatures when you play them. Also if you want to use the Metallic Mimics I would suggest the user of Collective Effort as it puts +1/+1 counters on all creatures target player controls.
5 days ago
Okay here are my promised suggestions.
Take out Winter Orb for Winding Constrictor, Trophy Mage for Master Biomancer, Tangle Wire for Eternal Witness, remove Sun Titan for a Ajani Unyielding, Supreme Verdict for I believe As Foretold even though not covered in your list if you can acquire one of these I recommend it, otherwise add maybe Vorel of the Hull Clade.
Beyond this, swap Stasis for Hardened Scales, Shred Memory for Scavenging Ooze, Perplex for Thrummingbird, Peacekeeper for either Authority of the Consulate (Will explain why soon) or Corpsejack Menace if not, Narset Transcendent for Glen Elendra Archmage, Muddle the Mixture for Abzan Charm, Luminarch Ascension for Aura Shards, Kiora, Master of the Depths for Forgotten Ancient, Idyllic Tutor for Collective Effort, Humility for I think Archangel of Thune if you have or can get one easily the card works well when you have of course your commander and Authority of the Consuls if you choose to run that, or just Rishkar's Expertise, Fabricate for Crystalline Crawler, Aura of Silence for Prime Speaker Zegana.
You could always add in some hydras to this like Primordial Hydra, Kalonian Hydra, and Lifeblood Hydra. Some other considerations are Reliquary Tower and Thought Vessel which I recommend one or more (I use both) so you don't ever have to worry about discard when you play Prime Speaker Zegana or Rishkar's Expertise. I also think you should try and add Inspiring Call which further supports having something for unlimited handsize. Oath of Ajani, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Abzan Falconer, and Chasm Skulker(good if you include all of that card draw) are a few other ideas.
When I can again I will try and help you find a place for Viral Drake and any others I missed/suggested additionally.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Flalafell Great point on the synergy. I am making a few adjustments now (searching for a better possible one drop, maybe we will get a great one drop exert creature). I still kinda like the Sram's Expertise though as it has great synergy casting Collective Effort and Ahn-Crop Crasher. Can't wait to see the rest of the cards and continue brewing!
3 weeks ago
Instead here try this card people have not seen the power of.
Collective Effort currently in standard its mostly useless. However this is modern and you are playing Counters, Check. Its also gives removal with the same spell making it not just a junk counter card. The Enchantment removal will be doubtfully useful most of the time but you never know.
3 weeks ago
Alright, to start with Mother of Runes is not modern legal and a good deck will always have a mana curve. This means not having and equal amount of each mana cost, generally, you want to deck to be centered around one cost. Also, because you have several high costing cards, such as Loxodon Smiter and the monstrosity of the Fleecemane Lion it would be a great idea to run some mana dorks.
Here is a list of changes I would consider making:
Drop Mother of Runes and Authority of the Consuls for a playset of Birds of Paradise. Or at the very least 2 Elvish Mystics and 2 Avacyn's Pilgrim. Maybe even consider finding a way for 8 total mana dorks.
Personally, I would drop Collective Effort, Oath of Ajani, Tuskguard Captain, Citadel Castellan and Abzan Falconer. In their place you want to add things like Mikaeus, the Lunarch or Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, essentially, just get as many fast and effective cards as you can that fit with the game plan.
Overall, to make a competitive deck it needs a solid game plan and an efficient way to execute it, decks want to fall into the category of either aggro, combo or control. A fast mana curve and a consistent mana base are the keys to making a deck like this work in modern.
And then of course there is Path to Exile... This is a must, no doubt about that. And also good duel lands, Temple Garden and Windswept Heath are possibly the best, but on a budget there are always alternatives. Sunpetal Grove for instance.
1 month ago
Heya, I play a mono white as well, but control destroys it. After playing it for the season I cut Odric and added Gisela, the Broken Blade and Archangel Avacyn Flip. Both are getting cheaper. Also 2 great cards are Blessed Alliance Collective Effort. Always Watching is a good enchant and it works well with Stitcher's Graft
Do you play at FNM? how does it work out with the deck?